Overgrowth Maps Help me!

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
WolvesAreOverPowered

Overgrowth Maps Help me!

Post by WolvesAreOverPowered » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:19 am

Ok, so basically, I went on one of the original maps like red desert or something and started messing around in the editor. I went to delete everything on the map, and so I did, but the last time I went on the level it was still deleted. Is there anyway to get "Eroded Plateau" to it's original state, right now I'm Buzzing out! :|

Mergunt

Re: Overgrowth Maps Help me!

Post by Mergunt » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:30 am

Same here.

I managed to accidentally save the changes I made while testing out the editor on Eroded
Plateau. :oops: I was planning on making backups before trying to make new maps, but that doesn't
really help me now.

The changes persisted even after reinstalling the game, although that may be explained by my general incompetence with manual uninstalling. Though I do wonder where the files for saving a map go, since I thought I had gotten rid of the whole Overgrowth folder in program files before reinstalling.

EDIT:
I may have fixed the problem, at least the one I was having. It might work for you too.

I found my way to:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Levels\Project60
(just replace USERNAME with your username)

In that folder was an Eroded Plateau file, which I deleted. Now the map seems to have gone back
to normal. :D

WolvesAreOverPowered

Post by WolvesAreOverPowered » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Thanks, I'll try that right away! :lol:

WolvesAreOverPowered

Post by WolvesAreOverPowered » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Did you delete Eroded Plateu AND the Eroded Plateu with Decals? there are two folders they are them.

Mergunt

Post by Mergunt » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:26 am

Hmm, I only found one file there, Eroded Plateau. Not sure what the Decals is or what it does.

You could cut and paste both files, moving them somewhere else (like to desktop), then launch the game, start the map Eroded Plateau and see what happens. If that doesn't work, you can just move the files back safely, I think.

My unsubstantiated hypothesis is that those files are a save of the changes you've made to the map and if you remove them, the map will revert back to its original state. Unfortunately though I'm so new to this game and modding in general that my methods are equivalent to laying my hand on a stove to see if it's hot. So be careful with any changes you make.

WolvesAreOverPowered

Post by WolvesAreOverPowered » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:03 am

Ok, Yeah I'm pretty new too. I don't know WTF and how to be a modder on Overgrowth.

WolvesAreOverPowered

Post by WolvesAreOverPowered » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:12 am

It didnt work btw it sux

Mergunt

Post by Mergunt » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:14 am

Hmph, I'm quickly running out of ideas :|

However, I happened upon a discussion on the same issue:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16184

A MrOtton mentions this:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15174

You could download the file for Eroded plateau and place it in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Levels\Project60
You can cut and paste the original file out of there first, if you want to be careful, or just replace it.

If that doesn't work, the very last thing I can think of would be a complete manual uninstallation. I mean, if you manage to remove every bit of the game from your pc and then reinstall, the maps should definitely be back to default. Problem is, I'm not sure how that is done.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:07 pm

On Windows there are three locations that levels can end up.
The default location should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Levels (and Project60)
Then for some reason, people have found that it installs them at: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Levels (which you already found)
You can also check at C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Levels

If you want to go back to the original, you should delete any extra versions of the map in the 2nd two locations I mentioned, and only have the original map in the first location.