Character Creation Idea

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
selimoy

Character Creation Idea

Post by selimoy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:28 pm

BEFORE I SAY ANYTHING I WANT TO TELL THE DEVELOPERS TO TAKE THEIR TIME ON EVERYTHING. MY IDEA WILL TAKE A LOT MORE TIME (it is easily modified). PLEASE, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE ALPHAS, WE ARE GOOD.

if you have extra time, please please please create a character creator. what i would think for the start of the campaign is that you are wearing like prison clothes or refugee clothes or whatever you guys have planned, and then it transitions to a character creator. maybe different outfits, but the character creator is what i really want. also, here are some more ideas

-story behind character creator (my idea): you wake up in a rabbit hut in scorching heat and see a brown furred rabbit gazing down at you. he calls himself turner. he helps you up and takes you over to a mirror. CREATION. you then go outside an do the tutorials in a makeshift training facility BY A RIVER (hint hint). eventually, you choose to do something good or bad and then that shapes your character
-these races are usually good: Rabbit Cat Otter Turtle Elephant Owl Primates Frog Pig Deer Cow
-these races are usually bad:Coyote Wolf Bear Rat Crocodile Vulture Raccoon Lizard Armadillo Shark Dog

race skills:
rabbit: stealthy and can jump high
cat: very agile and graceful
otter: swim fast and are proficient with boats
turtle: frickin built in armor
elephant: brute and never forgets
owl: very intelligent and stealthy FLIGHT
primates: good climbers
frog: prolonged breath underwater
pig: very dutiful and bulky
deer: fast and.... fast
cow: brute
coyote: stealthy and fast
wolf: brute
bear: evil version of elephant
rat: smart and crafty
crocodile: prolonged breath and brute
vulture: crafty and sneaky FLIGHT
raccoon: known for stealing
lizard: good climbers and sneaky
armadillo: evil turtle
shark: never runs out of breath and fast swimmer
dog: builders
Last edited by selimoy on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Character Creation Idea

Post by Constance » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:33 pm

The developers already said that they will make Overgrowth's story fairly linear, and it definitely won't be Skyrim. Overgrowth's story will be like Lugaru, but they may add one or two choices to change the plot.

selimoy

Post by selimoy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:11 pm

:cry:

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:48 pm

SHAME ON YOU! SHAAAMMME!!!!!

Harbinger99x99

Post by Harbinger99x99 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:12 pm

I Think this is a very good Idea and that they should make you able to customize your character's looks, race, etc. If the Devs are reading this, PLEASE MAKE THIS A FEATURE!

selimoy

Post by selimoy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Harbinger99x99 wrote:I Think this is a very good Idea and that they should make you able to customize your character's looks, race, etc. If the Devs are reading this, PLEASE MAKE THIS A FEATURE!
YEAH!

selimoy

Post by selimoy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:11 pm

my idea kinda sucks. hopefully the Devs will think of something cooler. also, some of my race ideas have potential skills when it comes to the water feature

Black_Stormy

Post by Black_Stormy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Yeah not going to happen. The main character is Turner. If OG is going to be anything like Lugaru, it's a story about Turner. Not Turner-with-groucho-marx-facial-hair-and-a-ridiculous-overbite. Besides the fact that this would have absolutely no impact on the final gameplay and is therefore irrelevant, it would take far too much time to code. You already have the palette mixer and attachments. That is enough.

On a side note, you could mod it in.

arenter

Post by arenter » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:05 am

Timbles wrote:The developers already said that they will make Overgrowth's story fairly linear, and it definitely won't be Skyrim. Overgrowth's story will be like Lugaru, but they may add one or two choices to change the plot.
Are you saying that the plot will be as dry as in lugaru in overgrowth? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :(

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:08 am

it won't be as corny and bland. it'll definitely improve.

selimoy

Post by selimoy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:35 pm

*sadness* maybe a different 'game' where it is just the same thing as the alphas but you create your own guy. maybe the new game doesnt even have a campaign. its just like an alpha, and someone adds the character creator. or a mod. any good modders reading this? DO IT! PLEASE!

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:47 am

I could imagine if there was some sort of multiplayer 1v1 fighting mode, then character creation may be interesting, but not in this sort of depth. I would say more like using the colour editor/armour attatchment system that already exists within the game, which with more choices could be quite extensive.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Yeah, that's definitely not gettingin vanilla OG.
There's already a good number of custom characters available in the Modding subforum though.

Black_Stormy

Post by Black_Stormy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:15 pm

selimoy wrote:*sadness* maybe a different 'game' where it is just the same thing as the alphas but you create your own guy. maybe the new game doesnt even have a campaign. its just like an alpha, and someone adds the character creator. or a mod. any good modders reading this? DO IT! PLEASE!
Do it yourself.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:18 pm

People, high as fuck
wanting OG to become The Elder Scrolls and shit