Question - Prevent enemies from running away

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Gankstar1868

Question - Prevent enemies from running away

Post by Gankstar1868 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Searched the forum but since it is compacted into one enormous section it was difficult to find what I was looking for.

Is there a way to prevent enemies from running away? I would rather they stay and fight 100% of the time rather than run off somewhere far.

Thanks in advance.

MishoM

Re: Question - Prevent enemies from running away

Post by MishoM » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:38 am

As far as I know, they'll only run away if there are more enemies on the level. And they will come back with reinforcements and finish the fight (unless they get stuck and never reach the ally)/

Gankstar1868

Post by Gankstar1868 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:41 am

Ok, i noticed they would run towards "allies" but i think this ally was in an unreachable place so they were unable to get to him. Probably why i thought they were just escaping.

Maybe i need to move the other mobs out of line of sight or all together. Should be a "tag" that declares them able to escape and call for help.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm pretty sure that if you up the "aggressiveness" parameter they'll stay and fight but they'll fight more... aggressively.

To change character parameters select them in the editor and hit ctrl/cmd+p.

Try playing around with them.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:26 pm

moomoohk wrote:I'm pretty sure that if you up the "aggressiveness" parameter they'll stay and fight but they'll fight more... aggressively.

To change character parameters select them in the editor and hit ctrl/cmd+p.

Try playing around with them.
When they are hurt they will still run off to get a buddy if one is nearby even if you put them into steroid mode. Aggressiveness only affects the way they attack. When you drag the slider all the way to the right they won't give you any break.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:45 pm

To bring up the parameter editor, select the character and press 'U' (not ctrl/cmd-p).