SUGGESTION: Mouse Wheel Slow-Motion

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Wormwood

SUGGESTION: Mouse Wheel Slow-Motion

Post by Wormwood » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:58 pm

I think that instead of having tab to toggle slow-motion, the player should have to scroll the mouse wheel down. To get it back to normal speed, you'd have to scroll it up. This lets you slow it to a custom speed, and is much easier to use. The game Mari0 (yes, with a zero) uses this method, and I think it works very well.

Let me know what you guys think, please!

EPR89

Re: SUGGESTION: Mouse Wheel Slow-Motion

Post by EPR89 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:57 pm

I don't think that slow motion has a high enough priority to make a feature like this likely, especially since it probably will not be a normal game feature in the final release (maybe a cheat or an unlockable feature).
Sounds like an interesting idea for a mod, though.

hello_mr.trout

Post by hello_mr.trout » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:16 am

re: slow motion not being in the final game proper, i hope it is! it seems like an essential mechanic for making the gameplay more 'cinematic' and, if used sparingly (ie; has cooldown periods, or can only be used for a set amount during a level, or something along these lines) is a pretty cool playstyle option - what good reason is there for removing it? as far as the mouse scroll wheel idea goes, i guess you could do that - i kinda like the tab key more tho..

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:49 am

The gameplay could be balanced around users being able to enter slow-motion, or the slow-motion could be used as a special effect to e.g. emphasize that someone just died. The slow-motion effect will likely be in the final game, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be unlimited funtimes in the normal levels.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:59 pm

I definitely think it should be an unlockable. In the game I mentioned, Mari0, you can only use the slow motion once you've beaten the game at least once. Maybe level creators can decide if they want slow motion to be allowed in their level?