A stupid idea, but it might be worth a try

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Glabbit

Re: A stupid idea, but it might be worth a try

Post by Glabbit » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:53 pm

Anton, you always know just the right things to say to rekindle my excitement for OG...

Hg341

Post by Hg341 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:19 pm

Retarded Username wrote:Anton, do you have any idea if unconscious characters will get up and fight again? Do they do that?
Like if you take too much time to finish a level, an unconscious character's temporary health goes back to the permanent one and get up.

if you give the character more then one life then yes they will get up after a few seconds. otherwise no

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:35 pm

Hg341 wrote:
Retarded Username wrote:Anton, do you have any idea if unconscious characters will get up and fight again? Do they do that?
Like if you take too much time to finish a level, an unconscious character's temporary health goes back to the permanent one and get up.

if you give the character more THAN one life then yes they will get up after a few seconds. otherwise no
I meant if it would be a mechanic of the final release, not as of now.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:28 am

Man it would be awesome if unconscious enemies would kinda like flinch away from you when you came near them, kinda like "unnghh pls don't hit me anymore guhh" reflex.
Would be a cool way to see if they're alive or not.
I mean it would kinda redefine the whole "unconscious" thing because in theory organisms (I'd say people but y'know) that are unconscious aren't aware of their surroundings (like someone who is sleeping), so I guess it would make them "considerably beaten up and on the verge of passing out but not quite passed out".

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:07 am

Which would be substantially different from unconsciousness, of course.
I do like the idea though. It would be quite the... human touch

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:12 am

Quite

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:16 am

It's already fairly easy to tell the difference between unconscious and dead characters. Unconscious characters hold their hands near their heads, trying to protect it a little bit (David's active ragdolls) versus a dead character, who is a completely limp ragdoll, and does not try to protect their head. Also, there is a crunching sound when a character dies.

NoSkillz

Post by NoSkillz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:32 pm

Speaking of unconsciousness, it would be interesting to have an extension to AI behavior that allows them to do things to you while you are unconscious. Like finishing you off for good or moving your body. For example, a level that is made in such a way that the bots should knock you unconscious, drag you to a cell and then you must escape from there.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:42 am

There already such a difference between states of consciousness? That's marvellous! I never knew!
I probably should try actually playing around with OG a bit more...