How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Burgy

Re: How did you find out about Overgrowth?

Post by Burgy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:25 am

My friend and I were talking about games that were in development, (Specifically StarForge and Overgrowth) and he just kept saying, "DUDE. YOU ARE A BUNNY. AND YOU FUCK SHIT UP"
Trufax

pashakun

Post by pashakun » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:42 am

First encounter in the end credit of "Indie Game - The Movie".

N3's YouTube video was the clincher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhWHIkvfa90

InquisitorLovac

Post by InquisitorLovac » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:31 pm

Oddly enough it was on a forum of another game called Dishonored about six months before its release. I knew that in the game you could assassinate people and there would be blood but I started a topic wonder if there would be persistent wounds. The answer was no, but another user said that this game was the best/only one he had heard of that had it. It wasn't until much later that I realized and decided to pre-order and access the alpha. I'm used to most games making the alpha some sort of lottery thing where you might get into its secret group.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:24 pm

InquisitorLovac wrote:where you might get into its secret group.
I like to think of the secret pre-order forum as helpful, silly ass cult.

Werepenguin

Post by Werepenguin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:36 pm

I found it while watching my favorite youtuber Nerd³ and it looked good so I bought the game a month later!

Monkey_Monster45

Post by Monkey_Monster45 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 pm

well i was watching nerd3's videos about overgrowth and i was amazed by the graphics and looks like a very fun and amazing game to play thank you for making it

InquisitorLovac

Post by InquisitorLovac » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:06 am

Timbles wrote:
I like to think of the secret pre-order forum as helpful, silly ass cult.
Well I mean all I had to do join was pre-order, to me it's a heck of alot more accessable then sending them your email and hoping you get selected (For example: getting access to the star wars the old republic beta when it was still in that phase.).

Caezar

Post by Caezar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:23 pm

I had a very bad day so I decided to watch the Indie game: The movie documentary, and there was some gameplay and mentioning. That made me search for it on the internet, to see what this strange-looking "Overgrowth" was. I first found the pre-order website with the alpha and then I wanted to see if the game was something for me. I saw some youtube videos and I thought it looked cool so yeah... :D

Garrett

Post by Garrett » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:25 pm

I wanted to play a fighting game on my mac.
When I discovered that the wineskin version of street fighter wasn't compatible with my mac, I googled "fighting games mac". On a thread they mentioned lugaru. So I watched some videos, and in a comment they were talking about overgrowth. When I saw overgrowth... I literaly shat my pants. I almost never buy vidoegames, but... I had to buy it. It's the first pc game I buy in years, and I'm proud to support you guys.

rabbitrun

Post by rabbitrun » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:06 pm

i was on steam going through the avatars! Saw overgrowth avatars and thought "this looks fun, rabbits in armour, mean looking wolf" Looked for it on steam, came across lugaru, bought played it, loved it. youtubed overgrowth. bam pre-ordered.

wertandrew

Post by wertandrew » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 pm

I found it by writing "indie games" on youtube, as I wanted to try a game by an independent artist. Then I found this video, which introduced me to the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhWHIkvfa90 . With only this video, it was enough to pre-order. Editor included in Alpha-version and direct access made me get very interested so I didnt think much.

Lowdive

Post by Lowdive » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:17 pm

Found Lugaru demo in the mac downloads when I was 13-14, then when I was about 16 John and Jeff were very nice and gave out free Lugaru keys on different events, and ever since I thought I'd make it up to them by preordering Overgrowth when I had a job and money. So, to put it in a nutshell, was a Lugaru player and got to find about Overgrowth on the blog/forums/preorder page/Youtube alpha videos.

Entairex

Post by Entairex » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:59 pm

was getting into the weird part of youtube when i found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1IsxDQ5cPg

spudsaur

Post by spudsaur » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:02 am

Nerd Cubed did a video on youtube where he played this game. That guy deserves a trophy. Or a pizza. Maybe a pizza trophy.

Zikel

Post by Zikel » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:58 am

Friend a few years ago wanted me to get him this preorder as a Christmas gift, so I bought it for him for $40 dollars.

He was surprised I actually bought it for him and was just joking. He lost interest fairly soon after one of the early alphas. However, I gained interest in the game myself, seeing as I paid for it on my own account :p.

Every now and then he'll want to check on the game so I give him one of the BitTorrent links. Don't kill me!