Uninstalling the flight mod?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
DrBreadgun

Uninstalling the flight mod?

Post by DrBreadgun » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:26 am

I've tried everything! I tried deleting the files, re-installing Overgrowth. But nothing works! How can I uninstall the Overgrowth flight mod?!

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Uninstalling the flight mod?

Post by Anton » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:41 am

You need to replace the changed script files with the unchanged files. If you didn't back them up, you can also get them here.
Also, when you say "Reinstall" how did you do that? Because, that should have fixed the problem (unless you used the "Re-Update current Alpha" command in SUMLauncher, which does something different.)

DrBreadgun

Post by DrBreadgun » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Anton wrote:You need to replace the changed script files with the unchanged files. If you didn't back them up, you can also get them here.
Also, when you say "Reinstall" how did you do that? Because, that should have fixed the problem (unless you used the "Re-Update current Alpha" command in SUMLauncher, which does something different.)
I downloaded the script files and it changed nothing.

How I Reinstalled:

1) Deleted Wolfire folder in Program Files (x86)

2) Installed current OG

3) Installed the SUM mod

4) Still flying.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:38 pm

What do you mean, you downloaded the scripts folder and it changed nothing?
The Flying Mod works by altering the files aircontrols.as and aschar.as. If you put the original versions of these files in your scripts folder there is absolutely no way of you still flying.

The easiest way to do this is by simply downloading the original Scripts folder (which you have done), extracting it since it is a zip file (which you probably have not done if you are still flying) and putting the extracted Scripts folder in your game's data folder. Allow it to overwrite everything and you are back to normal.

EDIT: Sorry. wasn't aware of the scripting issues in the new version.
Last edited by EPR89 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Why, oh, why would you just delete the Wolfire folder?! WHY?!

Sorry, I just hate it when I see people uninstall programs incorrectly. It makes fixing issues so much more difficult.

Please, if you ever uninstall an application again, use the uninstaller. If you want to uninstall anything, go to your Control Panel and (Vista+) click 'Programs and Features'. Then click the application you want to uninstall, then press Uninstall.

Please, please, please don't uninstall anything manually unless it's absolutely necessary. If it is necessary, ask for instructions. You could mess your entire computer up uninstalling programs incorrectly like that.

So if you can, use the uninstaller now, THEN check folders and delete manually as then it should be fine. (Since the registry will be clean)
Then reinstall properly.

That should fix the issue, if you make sure there's nothing in either OG's My Documents folder or the Program Files folder. (If you want help, just ask)

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Did you update to a195 before trying to uninstall the mod? It seems like the new alpha caches the scripts and refuses to compile updated ones, which result in funky behavior like what you described.

DrBreadgun

Post by DrBreadgun » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:05 pm

SteelRaven7 wrote:Did you update to a195 before trying to uninstall the mod? It seems like the new alpha caches the scripts and refuses to compile updated ones, which result in funky behavior like what you described.
I updated first.

CryptoSeven

Post by CryptoSeven » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:08 pm

SteelRaven7 wrote:Did you update to a195 before trying to uninstall the mod? It seems like the new alpha caches the scripts and refuses to compile updated ones, which result in funky behavior like what you described.
Yes I ran into same thing, was just about to start a thread about it. Scripts do not update unless you clear cache. So to OP I recommend clearing cache in SumLauncher.