[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.1.7

Post by Anton » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:39 pm

Yeah, I have a list of all the maps that need to be added still... Sorry for the delay, but I have been occupied with a big push for SUMLauncher, and because of a change in the way files are treated on my end, it doesn't make sense to update the menu mod until we push this new change out.

lkemccarthy

Post by lkemccarthy » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 pm

It is having trouble authenticating, but I've followed the instructions on the post. It still does not work... Help?

last

Post by last » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:24 pm

lkemccarthy wrote:It is having trouble authenticating, but I've followed the instructions on the post. It still does not work... Help?
You can jump in IRC and look for Aaron, the developer of the program. He may know what is going on.
But here is a helpful hint, don't close the IRC as soon as you see no response, people don't like that. Let the window just sit there awhile and you will get your answers.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:50 pm

lkemccarthy wrote:It is having trouble authenticating, but I've followed the instructions on the post. It still does not work... Help?
Did you check the troubleshooting section? Sometimes it can be an error with your antivirus software. Does it give you any errors?

Jaz
Location: Earth, Near The Sun, Milky Way, Universe, Time Loop

Post by Jaz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Anton wrote:Yeah, I have a list of all the maps that need to be added still... Sorry for the delay, but I have been occupied with a big push for SUMLauncher, and because of a change in the way files are treated on my end, it doesn't make sense to update the menu mod until we push this new change out.
Ah right. In that case, feel free to keep on ignoring the Menu Mod. :P

Looking forward to the update then. :)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:00 pm

Jaz wrote:
Anton wrote:Yeah, I have a list of all the maps that need to be added still... Sorry for the delay, but I have been occupied with a big push for SUMLauncher, and because of a change in the way files are treated on my end, it doesn't make sense to update the menu mod until we push this new change out.
Ah right. In that case, feel free to keep on ignoring the Menu Mod. :P

Looking forward to the update then. :)
I'm not "ignoring" it... I have a big list of all the files that need to be added, and they will be done.

AluminumHaste

Post by AluminumHaste » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:13 pm

Can't access the site it shows as down.

funymunky

Post by funymunky » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:57 pm

Hm. Every time I open SUMLauncher, try to update the alpha, or try to download the menu mod, I get this error:

Error contacting SUMLauncher update server.
Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: <url here>

Any idea what's wrong? I need to update the Menu mod because most of my maps aren't opening.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:20 pm

funymunky wrote:Hm. Every time I open SUMLauncher, try to update the alpha, or try to download the menu mod, I get this error:

Any idea what's wrong? I need to update the Menu mod because most of my maps aren't opening.
We have been moving SUMLauncher onto a CDN platform, and it was causing that error, but I believe I have fixed the problem. Please try running it again and let me know if you are getting the same error. (If you would would like faster communication, come meet me in IRC, where I will be idling under the name Anton and we can try to resolve your issue.)

Stuntddude

Post by Stuntddude » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:13 pm

funymunky wrote:Hm. Every time I open SUMLauncher, try to update the alpha, or try to download the menu mod, I get this error:

I've been getting this same error as well.

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, by the way, in case that's useful.

EDIT: Nevermind, it is now working fine for me.

Barnett

Post by Barnett » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:59 pm

Thanks this should save me some time :)

Daleythompson

Post by Daleythompson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:08 pm

PLEASE HELP! I have a mac, and your instructions say to use the last eight characters of my alpha key. Yet, when i look at my key, i have ten characters in that last section. Im not sure what to do, and authentication rejects me when i use the last ten. Any thoughts?

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Daleythompson wrote:PLEASE HELP! I have a mac, and your instructions say to use the last eight characters of my alpha key. Yet, when i look at my key, i have ten characters in that last section. Im not sure what to do, and authentication rejects me when i use the last ten. Any thoughts?
Try using all of the code then, that how I used to do it. unless something changed.

Daleythompson

Post by Daleythompson » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:38 pm

akazi wrote:
Daleythompson wrote:PLEASE HELP! I have a mac, and your instructions say to use the last eight characters of my alpha key. Yet, when i look at my key, i have ten characters in that last section. Im not sure what to do, and authentication rejects me when i use the last ten. Any thoughts?
Try using all of the code then, that how I used to do it. unless something changed.
I tried that, still not working.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Daleythompson wrote:
akazi wrote:
I tried that, still not working.
If you preordered after the Humble Store integration, make sure to follow the second set of directions (listed under "If you preordered after the Humble Store integration, you will find your key in your Humble Bundle Game Library:", under the Authentication section of the first post).