Overgrowth Feature ideas

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
akazi

Re: Overgrowth Feature ideas

Post by akazi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:55 pm

RagdollZombie wrote:maybe you could kick it you are standing next to the body like in Lugaru, but while dragging you could also pull them so while standing you will kick the body, while crouching and holding on to the body you will pull it
Hmm, I like this idea a bit. I can already imagine what will happen when holding on the body then kick it. :D

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Judo throw bodies off cliffs?

Manjarowolf

Post by Manjarowolf » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:57 pm

Timbles wrote:Judo throw bodies off cliffs?
Profit???

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:42 pm

I found that trying to block knife attacks is useless when you're unarmed, but maybe they can add something where blocking when someone attacks you with a knife will cut your arms and hands instead of your chest and stomach, which will do less damage but of course it would still hurt you. Unless they cut your back of course xD. it might make unarmed -vs- knife a little more fair

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:56 pm

RagdollZombie wrote:I found that trying to block knife attacks is useless when you're unarmed, but maybe they can add something where blocking when someone attacks you with a knife will cut your arms and hands instead of your chest and stomach, which will do less damage but of course it would still hurt you. Unless they cut your back of course xD. it might make unarmed -vs- knife a little more fair
I have a feeling that this is already in the game.
I know that there are basically different hit zones for fall damage. This is why falling on your head is so dangerous. Not sure if they also apply to weapon damage or how many there actually are.

akazi

Post by akazi » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:35 pm

EPR89 wrote:
RagdollZombie wrote:I found that trying to block knife attacks is useless when you're unarmed, but maybe they can add something where blocking when someone attacks you with a knife will cut your arms and hands instead of your chest and stomach, which will do less damage but of course it would still hurt you. Unless they cut your back of course xD. it might make unarmed -vs- knife a little more fair
I have a feeling that this is already in the game.
I know that there are basically different hit zones for fall damage. This is why falling on your head is so dangerous. Not sure if they also apply to weapon damage or how many there actually are.
This is not in the game, getting cut up on the foot will still do the same damage if you get cut up on the head.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:40 pm

But when you fall, you only insta-die in specific circumstances. Falling could be handled differently.

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:55 pm

akazi wrote:getting cut up on the foot will still do the same damage if you get cut up on the head.
fixing this would be really great.
RagdollZombie wrote:blocking when someone attacks you with a knife will cut your arms and hands
I'm no fighter, but I think it should be possible - if not easy - to deflect the attacker's knife-holding arm while it's coming at you. (Of course only if it's coming at the right angle, you can't really do anything with straight thrusts, other than dodge.)

Taking this further, a really well timed block could be able to even grab the knife-holding arm at the wrist, and from there it could go multiple ways.
You could hold the grabbed wrist away from yourself for a short while (until a counter-counter happens maybe?), and use that window to throw in punches with your other hand.
Or you could even try to wrestle the knife away from the attacker, but that might be a little far-fetched.

Just my two cents.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Endoperez wrote:But when you fall, you only insta-die in specific circumstances.
The specific circumstance that causes you to die from a fall is your health being reduced to zero.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:32 pm

EPR89 wrote:The specific circumstance that causes you to die from a fall is your health being reduced to zero.
That doesn't answer the question:

Is the damage from falling calculated the same way, regardless of which bodypart hit the ground?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:16 am

Endoperez wrote:
EPR89 wrote:The specific circumstance that causes you to die from a fall is your health being reduced to zero.
That doesn't answer the question:

Is the damage from falling calculated the same way, regardless of which bodypart hit the ground?
The variables that play a role are the energy of the impact, the body part that takes the hit and the surface, which basically works like a multiplier that increases or reduces the amount of damage you take.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:21 am

Combat back then was really easy.

Manjarowolf

Post by Manjarowolf » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:00 am

I wish we could get unarmed weapon disarms like some mixed martial-arts teach. not for all weapons, but for small things like knives and hand-hammers. Like if you hold block and press attack right before you get hit, you do a weapon counter that disarms your foe or even steals the weapon from them. Usually holding block and attack turns your attacks into feints, so feint would also be a sort of countering stance. Would be quite a sight to see. 8)

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:02 pm

omg YES. There needs to be a feature where you can disarm someone with a knife when you're unarmed. If NPCs also had this, it might make fighting an unarmed enemy with a knife a bit more challenging. Right now, the only best way to fight a guy with a knife when you're unarmed is to use the leg cannon (which is risky) or hope that your sweep attack will knock him to the ground...

akazi

Post by akazi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:27 pm

RagdollZombie wrote:omg YES. There needs to be a feature where you can disarm someone with a knife when you're unarmed. If NPCs also had this, it might make fighting an unarmed enemy with a knife a bit more challenging. Right now, the only best way to fight a guy with a knife when you're unarmed is to use the leg cannon (which is risky) or hope that your sweep attack will knock him to the ground...
This was in Lugaru, so was the option to have enemy's dodge your knife slashes. I hope this kind of stuff makes it into Overgrowth, I kinda wonder why enemy's in Overgrowth can't dodge your weapons swings already, the moves are there, it just needs to be coded into the A.I.