[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
kbudden

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 2.1.7

Post by kbudden » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:49 am

"Please verify you are connected to the internet and that your firewall is not blocking the SUMlauncher would you like to try again"
I have disabled my firewall and yet it still says this..i am not sure what the problem is ..i have seen a couple of others with the same problem but i haven't seen anyone address it yet.. thanks in advance.

atomtengeralattjaro

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:19 am

I'm just watching the wolfire meetup video (this one, at 2:46), and my SUMlauncher doesn't look like that! Is that a mac-only version? I'm on win7 and I don't have that cool community content browser.
Does this only mean that all that stuff is already in my OG (I have the menu mod installed), or am I missing out on something?
Last edited by atomtengeralattjaro on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:35 am

atomtengeralattjaro wrote:I'm just watching the wolfire meetup video (this one), and my SUMlauncher doesn't look like that! Is that a mac-only version? I'm on win7 and I don't have that cool community content browser.
Does this only mean that all that stuff is already in my OG (I have the menu mod installed), or am I missing out on something?
Soon™

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:01 am

kbudden wrote:"Please verify you are connected to the internet and that your firewall is not blocking the SUMlauncher would you like to try again"
I have disabled my firewall and yet it still says this..i am not sure what the problem is ..i have seen a couple of others with the same problem but i haven't seen anyone address it yet.. thanks in advance.
Please check the first post if this thread in the troubleshooting section. This can potentially be caused by your antivirus software as well.

last

Post by last » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:59 am

atomtengeralattjaro wrote:I'm just watching the wolfire meetup video (this one, at 2:46), and my SUMlauncher doesn't look like that! Is that a mac-only version? I'm on win7 and I don't have that cool community content browser.
You are probably read about SUM utilities and SUM launcher is part of this project. I believe that this version you see in that video is just a test of new SUM launcher v3.0 that will be released soon.

kbudden

Post by kbudden » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:32 am

Anton wrote:
kbudden wrote:"Please verify you are connected to the internet and that your firewall is not blocking the SUMlauncher would you like to try again"
Please check the first post if this thread in the troubleshooting section. This can potentially be caused by your antivirus software as well.
Well yes i saw that but i do not have any antivirus software at the moment, the only real thing i have is malwarebytes and i have disabled that completely before i try to launch the sumlauncher. I have no idea what could be blocking it, i run it as a admin, I've gave it a exception to my firewall even though its turned off anyways. Haha its quite frustrating.
*I am unable to find what exactly is blocking it.. i temporarily uninstalled malwarebytes.. still blocked
i tried it on another computer in my house and annoyingly it actually wasn't blocked on that computer and i actually have a virus protection on that one. If that computer wasn't crap i would just play on that one..but oh well.. so if anyone has any guesses on what might be blocking it, it would be much appreciated.

Aaron

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.0

Post by Aaron » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:56 am

SUMLauncher 3.0.0 is now available:

Code: Select all

• Added Community Content Browser.
• Removed Menu Mod Installer.
• Added support for SHA-1 hash checking.
• Multiple bug fixes / minor feature changes.
You can grab the new version by running SUMLauncher and choosing to update when prompted (new users can find downloads in the first post).

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:53 am

Dat update *3*

kastla

Post by kastla » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Ahh It keeps saying:

Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile :cry:

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:49 pm

So, in the future are we going to be able to upload our mods and stuff from the SUMlauncher for others to download, or will we still have to upload to the forums then you guys put them in?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:53 pm

akazi wrote:So, in the future are we going to be able to upload our mods and stuff from the SUMlauncher for others to download, or will we still have to upload to the forums then you guys put them in?
The plan is to eventually have a website where you will be able to submit content, but that needs to be made first ;)
kastla wrote:Ahh It keeps saying:

Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile :cry:
Your download probably became corrupt somehow - in the future I'll probably do a hash check to prevent this from happening.

For now, the easiest solution is to delete the corrupt file, and let SUMLauncher redownload it. If you are on Windows, the file you need to delete is located at Documents/Wolfire/Overgrowth/SUM OG Utilities/SUM.jar , if you're running OS X it is located at ~/Application Support/Overgrowth/SUM OG Utilities/SUM.jar

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Aaron wrote:
akazi wrote:So, in the future are we going to be able to upload our mods and stuff from the SUMlauncher for others to download, or will we still have to upload to the forums then you guys put them in?
The plan is to eventually have a website where you will be able to submit content, but that needs to be made first ;)
The main reason for this is the need for accounts to keep everything separate. We will also need some kind of approval system to make sure that content is being uploaded in a way that actually works.

toto

Post by toto » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:18 pm

in the beginning, the game was good but the game stopped after 10 minute.

DumbLemon

Post by DumbLemon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:02 am

Wow this new updated version is much better from the last. Sometimes when i go on a map i need to download a character or something but i don't know how to do that but then SUMLAUNCHER comes to save the day. This literraly amazing.

banholio

Post by banholio » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:10 am

What an amazing tool. Contratz for you!