Steam "Early Access"

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
DarkDark

Re: Steam "Early Access"

Post by DarkDark » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:18 pm

RagdollZombie wrote:The steam workshop would be perfect for Overgrowth :D It would be amazing

Thats what I was thinking! :D

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:52 pm

DarkDark wrote:
RagdollZombie wrote:The steam workshop would be perfect for Overgrowth :D It would be amazing

Thats what I was thinking! :D
Judging from my experiences with Skyrim, the Steam Workshop more than anything else is limited. I quickly changed to the Skyrim Nexus, because it had practically non of the limitations of the Steam Workshop. It was a bit more complicated, but if you managed to get Overgrowth and install mods from here a similar concept for Overgrowth would be child's play for you.

Jaqarll

Post by Jaqarll » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:10 am

I use both. The Workshop still is much more convenient than Nexus. All the mods that are on the Workshop are used through it, everything else I get from the Nexus, but the majority is on the Workshop especially when you're not looking for nude mods for example. ;)

I see no reason *not* to use the workshop, it gets more attention, is free for the dev and will suit most players, those who seek more will always find more elsewhere.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Jaqarll wrote:I use both. The Workshop still is much more convenient than Nexus. All the mods that are on the Workshop are used through it, everything else I get from the Nexus, but the majority is on the Workshop especially when you're not looking for nude mods for example. ;)

I see no reason *not* to use the workshop, it gets more attention, is free for the dev and will suit most players, those who seek more will always find more elsewhere.
I use both too :D sometimes the workshop can be better than nexus for some mods, but nexus has some epic stuff that the workshop doesn't have

droog

Post by droog » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:06 pm

Early Access is a great idea. The game would become noted from a bigger audience and so they could support the devolopment with more pre-orders. :) Do it :mrgreen:

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:22 am

I think he mentioned on twitter that steam early access would come after Arena mode was done