Unofficial Overgrowth a198 build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
TheMonolith

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a198 build

Post by TheMonolith » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:17 pm

I'm experiencing a bug. Everytime I win or lose in arena mode, then try to proceed to the next level, the game crashes. I did edit the arena map, but it was working yesterday. Now, after changing nothing else, it crashes. Any help?
Attachments
screenshot if it helps
screenshot if it helps

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:35 pm

TheMonolith wrote:I'm experiencing a bug. Everytime I win or lose in arena mode, then try to proceed to the next level, the game crashes. I did edit the arena map, but it was working yesterday. Now, after changing nothing else, it crashes. Any help?
I have no idea how to fix this, but it fixes itself after a while from now.

lamp-post

Post by lamp-post » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:26 pm

I can't lauch Overgrowth at all. Using Ubuntu 12.04 64bit. When I find it in the dash, clicking on it does nothing. Doesn't even close the dash. When I try to launch OG from SUMLauncher, it just closes. Tried to lauch it in the terminal and got this

Code: Select all

'/usr/local/games/Overgrowth/Overgrowth.bin.x86_64' 
/usr/local/games/Overgrowth/Overgrowth.bin.x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libfreeimage.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Anyone know a fix?

Ubuntu 12.04 64bit
Memory: 8 GiB
Intel® Core™ i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz × 4
Intel HD 3000
Space: 500GiB

Surak

Post by Surak » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:24 am

lamp-post wrote:I can't lauch Overgrowth at all. Using Ubuntu 12.04 64bit. When I find it in the dash, clicking on it does nothing. Doesn't even close the dash. When I try to launch OG from SUMLauncher, it just closes. Tried to lauch it in the terminal and got this

Code: Select all

'/usr/local/games/Overgrowth/Overgrowth.bin.x86_64' 
/usr/local/games/Overgrowth/Overgrowth.bin.x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libfreeimage.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Anyone know a fix?

Ubuntu 12.04 64bit
Memory: 8 GiB
Intel® Core™ i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz × 4
Intel HD 3000
Space: 500GiB
http://wiki.wolfire.com/index.php/Linux#Debian

lamp-post

Post by lamp-post » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Thanks. It launches now. Still not playable but it's progress.

Madd the Sane

Post by Madd the Sane » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:29 pm

There seems to be some files missing: I can't load the Impressive Mountains (plain) any more: it keeps complaining about missing files.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Madd the Sane wrote:There seems to be some files missing: I can't load the Impressive Mountains (plain) any more: it keeps complaining about missing files.
Can you be specific about which files are missing? I can get you what you need. (Also, SUMLauncher now has some "fixes" that just take care of these kinds of problems)

Madd the Sane

Post by Madd the Sane » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:40 pm

Odd, Overgrowth did not complain when I loaded the Impressive Mountains straight from the get-go. It also complained about the files when I tried to load Impressive Mountains Crete after closing another map and trying to load it. IIRC, the old map did have snow in it.

Specifically, it says that it failed to buffer data, then it lists the file.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Madd the Sane wrote:Odd, Overgrowth did not complain when I loaded the Impressive Mountains straight from the get-go. It also complained about the files when I tried to load Impressive Mountains Crete after closing another map and trying to load it. IIRC, the old map did have snow in it.

Specifically, it says that it failed to buffer data, then it lists the file.
Oh, buffering data is not the same as a missing file. I find that happens to me sometimes if I switch maps too often without restarting the game. (Or just on some maps in general...)

RogueGamer

Post by RogueGamer » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Is anyone else experiencing this problem where the player and/or AI all freeze until you ragdoll everyone with one of the debugging keys? It's quite irritating and seems to happen when there are a lot of controls being pressed at once or in rapid sequence (but that's just the nature of the game anyway; might not be linked at all).

It's a freshly downloaded alpha, no modification. Only thing I've done is reconfigure Crouch to left control.

LuckeyHaskens

Post by LuckeyHaskens » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:08 pm

There are an enormous amount of files that say they can't be opened for writing, and when I do it in SUMLauncher it gives me an access denied message. It wastes all my time downloading it, and then can't open properly.When I redownloaded the current alpha (189) it said it had an error downloading the zipped file or something along those lines. It seems as though there is always one 'bad' file. As such I can't go past 189, which is full of glitches and bugs that don't seem to be affecting anyone else. What am I doing wrong? If you need more info to solve the problem, just ask. I love the game and I'd like to try the new alpha. (I'm updating from 189)
Last edited by LuckeyHaskens on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:11 pm

LuckeyHaskens wrote:There are an enormous amount of files that say they can't be opened for writing, and when I do it in SUMLauncher it gives me an access denied message. It wastes all my time downloading it, and then can't open properly. What am I doing wrong? If you need more info to solve the problem, just ask. I love the game and I'd like to try the new alpha. (I'm updating from 189)
Are you updating using SUMLauncher? And if so, are you opening the .exe file? If you try to run it using the .jar you could be getting these kinds of errors.

LuckeyHaskens

Post by LuckeyHaskens » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 am

Anton wrote:
LuckeyHaskens wrote:There are an enormous amount of files that say they can't be opened for writing, and when I do it in SUMLauncher it gives me an access denied message. It wastes all my time downloading it, and then can't open properly. What am I doing wrong? If you need more info to solve the problem, just ask. I love the game and I'd like to try the new alpha. (I'm updating from 189)
Are you updating using SUMLauncher? And if so, are you opening the .exe file? If you try to run it using the .jar you could be getting these kinds of errors.
I don't know a ton about computers, so bear with me. I first tried it using the SUMLauncher. Then I tried it right from the site, where it says try the new alpha. When that was downloading, it had .exe next to it. Afterwords, it gave me a seemingly infinite amount of files it wasn't able to open properly.
If it helps, the exact first error message when I do it from the SUMLauncher is
Error extracting zip file.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Levels\challenge\tree_canyon_winter.xml (Access is denied)
Thanks for the help :)

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:48 pm

LuckeyHaskens wrote:I don't know a ton about computers, so bear with me. I first tried it using the SUMLauncher. Then I tried it right from the site, where it says try the new alpha. When that was downloading, it had .exe next to it. Afterwords, it gave me a seemingly infinite amount of files it wasn't able to open properly.
If it helps, the exact first error message when I do it from the SUMLauncher is
Error extracting zip file.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Levels\challenge\tree_canyon_winter.xml (Access is denied)
Thanks for the help :)
This is simply a permissions issue - like Anton said, when you run SUMLauncher, make sure you are running the SUMLauncher.exe file. SUMLauncher should display a popup when you run it asking for administrative permissions.

LuckeyHaskens

Post by LuckeyHaskens » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Aaron wrote:
This is simply a permissions issue - like Anton said, when you run SUMLauncher, make sure you are running the SUMLauncher.exe file. SUMLauncher should display a popup when you run it asking for administrative permissions.
Well, I found the .jar and the .exe. There are errors in both, but more errors on the .jar. For some reason the .exe file is giving me a hard time... Sorry, I'm trying to be as descriptive as I can. Oh, and there is no administrative permissions popup.