[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Timo 6

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.0

Post by Timo 6 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:53 am

Aaron wrote:This is the same issue as mentioned above; unfortunately I have no control over it (as far as I know), as it is an Apple Java bug :(
It's been fixed now - http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/24/apple-sto ... er-issues/

EDIT: sorry, I meant http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/24/bug-in-ap ... t-version/
Last edited by Timo 6 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:44 am

Timo 6 wrote:
Aaron wrote:This is the same issue as mentioned above; unfortunately I have no control over it (as far as I know), as it is an Apple Java bug :(
How is this even remotely relevant?

DarkCloud14

Post by DarkCloud14 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:07 am

moomoohk wrote:
Timo 6 wrote:
How is this even remotely relevant?
Don't know what the apple store has to do with the problem but Apple also released an updated Java runtime today as the previous had problems not only with SUMLauncher: Lion/Mountain Lion Snow Leopard.

You can check if you've a bad version by executing the following on Terminal

Code: Select all

/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.6 -exec java -version
Th version string of the bad version ends with xM4508 the good version ends with xM4509. If you don't get the update via App Store download the appropriate DMG for your OS and install it.

Dr_Happy_Foot

Post by Dr_Happy_Foot » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:02 am

My thing keeps telling me to authenticate, however all it does is it shows a blank square with the message above saying authenticate so i try typing something in. Doesn't work i try to paste something in still doesn't work please help me with the problem

DarkCloud14

Post by DarkCloud14 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:48 am

Dr_Happy_Foot wrote:My thing keeps telling me to authenticate, however all it does is it shows a blank square with the message above saying authenticate so i try typing something in. Doesn't work i try to paste something in still doesn't work please help me with the problem
Which operating system do you use? Do you use OSX? If so did you download and install the Java update mentioned above?

ANUSTART666

Post by ANUSTART666 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:17 pm

I'm running it on a mac and when I open SUMLauncher it just bounces up and down on my dock. if i click it, it disappears. this happens even I drag it into applications first and click it in there! what do I do?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:50 pm

ANUSTART666 wrote:I'm running it on a mac and when I open SUMLauncher it just bounces up and down on my dock. if i click it, it disappears. this happens even I drag it into applications first and click it in there! what do I do?
See DarkCloud14's post above.

Aaron

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.1

Post by Aaron » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:39 pm

SUMLauncher 3.0.1 is now available:

• Added Java runtime info to About dialog.
• Updated Overgrowth installer to handle new Windows builds.
• Added SHA-1 hash checking to community content downloads.
• Added gzip compression to content browser queries.
• Added bug report link to Help menu.
• Minor bug fixes.
You can grab the new version by running SUMLauncher and choosing to update when prompted (new users can find downloads in the first post).

The Swift

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.1 "Authentication Troub

Post by The Swift » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:19 am

Got some trouble authenticating on Macbook. I get the "Authenticate" window but it stays blank and I cant interact. Could my antivirus be messing with it? I really have no clue. If it helps, I am using Avast! antivirus.

-EDIT- *Just saw the similar post, Im still working my way around the forum*

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Aaron, just here to say that the 3.0.2 version can actually download and install add-ons and maps perfectly! Thanks for taking care of that issue!

BigHornDragon

Post by BigHornDragon » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:17 am

Hello SUM Developer(s),
I am here to ask if you please, bring a feature to your mod launcher. I notice you don't have support for gamemodes or game scripts (ex. flying mod). Can you please have like a script container so I don't need to edit the game's .as files to add other gamemodes or gamescripts. It would be nice to have a script container where you can have priority assignation for scripts that uses the same object (that way it would fix some mods using the same object by overwriting lower priority mods using the same object), hope I can get an answer for this post.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:31 am

BigHornDragon wrote:Hello SUM Developer(s),
I am here to ask if you please, bring a feature to your mod launcher. I notice you don't have support for gamemodes or game scripts (ex. flying mod). Can you please have like a script container so I don't need to edit the game's .as files to add other gamemodes or gamescripts. It would be nice to have a script container where you can have priority assignation for scripts that uses the same object (that way it would fix some mods using the same object by overwriting lower priority mods using the same object), hope I can get an answer for this post.
We have been talking about how to address the issues with script mods, or any other mod that replaces files from the original game. We have a few ideas in mind, but the biggest problem right now is how often the devs update the actual game, and how that affects the ways the scripts work inside the game. Unfortunately, they still move script files around a lot, and completely rewrite some of them, making it hard for us to guarantee that scripts will work from alpha to alpha. We will keep your idea in mind as well, but it may be something the devs have to do more than us.

KarmaKanadian

Post by KarmaKanadian » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:02 pm

I am trying to use SUM Launcher to set up Overgrowth. I've tried both Downloading it with SUM Launcher, and selecting a preinstalled executable. As soon as the file explorer pops up, the whole application stops responding.

ronji

Post by ronji » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:31 am

DarkCloud14 wrote: Don't know what the apple store has to do with the problem but Apple also released an updated Java runtime today as the previous had problems not only with SUMLauncher: Lion/Mountain Lion Snow Leopard.

You can check if you've a bad version by executing the following on Terminal

/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.6 -exec java -version
Th version string of the bad version ends with xM4508 the good version ends with xM4509. If you don't get the update via App Store download the appropriate DMG for your OS and install it.
I'm quoting this as it was the solution to my problem, but I searched about 4 or 5 times and didn't find anything until I searched for "blank authenticate window". well what I was searching for before was some combo of
sum launcher mac osx crash freeze empty blank broken
to really describe it further, at first I would get an update window with just a " . " visible in a bunch of blank gray space, and I couldn't quit the app without using force quit. then I deleted all of my overgrowth data and downloaded a fresh new sumlauncher and got the blank authentication window. I eventually gave up and just downloaded the latest overgrowth alpha 199 cuz I could not wait any longer (than it would take to download the 2.4GB) to play a little.

aeronshaw

Post by aeronshaw » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:18 pm

I pre-ordered back in 2011. I'm having a really hard time finding my alpha key so I can activate the SUM launcher. Please help me. I've tried getting it re-sent but I don't think it's working because it was way before you guys did the humble bundle thing.

I don't understand how to follow these instructions either,
"If you preordered before the Humble Store integration, you can find your secret alpha key in the link to your preorder panel link and on the preorder panel itself. It's the 8 characters circled in red:"
How do I even find my pre-order panel?