how is this compared to Lugaru?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Chizmad

how is this compared to Lugaru?

Post by Chizmad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:36 pm

I have the original and sadly couldn't finish it, as it was Uber difficult and the area where you fight 3 wolves always got me when I was down to the last wolf....
so is this as difficult?
and I haven't looked much into it, but does this game have controller support?

EPR89

Re: how is this compared to Lugaru?

Post by EPR89 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Chizmad wrote:I have the original and sadly couldn't finish it, as it was Uber difficult and the area where you fight 3 wolves always got me when I was down to the last wolf....
so is this as difficult?
You are a preorderer, so why don't you try it out for yourself?
Personally, I have played the demo of Lugaru for a while and never got into the combat there. I find it much more intuitive in Overgrowth. That being said, it's not easy. Three standard wolves would be pretty challenging. Fighting against multiple opponents always is. The key to fighting them is to keep moving to single out opponents and then use quick attacks to hit and run. For Turner that would be the jab and the knee strike, so you have to move in.
and I haven't looked much into it, but does this game have controller support?
XBox 360 controllers should work without any problems. Anything else might require some more work, but usually you just need the latest drivers and you're good to go.
Connect the controller before you start the game, though. Otherwise it might not be recognised.

Chizmad

Post by Chizmad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:44 pm

at the time, the game was still downloading.

so anything with X Input (like a Logitech F310) would work? sweet!

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Chizmad wrote:at the time, the game was still downloading.

so anything with X Input (like a Logitech F310) would work? sweet!
Yes that would work, though you might need something to help keybind everything. I haven't used Logitech gamepads before so I don't know what will work for it. If you have a PS3 gamepad you can download motioninjoy and set it to emulate an Xbox 360 controller.(That's what I do)

Chizmad

Post by Chizmad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:30 pm

if the game supports an Xbox controller, then it will support X input, the only way id have to bind the keys is if I set the controller to direct imput or D input.
it reads as an xbox 360 controller...
Tho with both the controller, nor the keyboard, can I attack...