BIG ISSUE

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Chizmad

BIG ISSUE

Post by Chizmad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:36 pm

I used the torrent links from the pre purchase to obtain overgrowth, as well as low light combat (and I downloaded desperate gods from the forum)
it wont let me extract the .exe files.
none of them, it says no files to extract when I try to extract them manually.
and without these I cant play the game.
is it possible that this is my WinRAR doing this?
I disabled my antivirus and it still wont let me extract....
I cant play any of these...
*Edit*
upon further investigation, and solutions, it appears that using 7zip works to extract the files. and that WinRAR may occasionally not allow a .exe file to be extracted....

Chizmad

Re: BIG ISSUE

Post by Chizmad » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:59 pm

my issue now is that I cant figure out how to attack....
ive seen people play this on youtube, but I haven't figured out how to attack,
go into full screen, or play the game in a window the size of my native resolution without the game crashing...

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:21 pm

Chizmad wrote:my issue now is that I cant figure out how to attack....
go into full screen, or play the game in a window the size of my native resolution without the game crashing...
How you attack is fully based on the situation you're in. If you're in combat, and you tap left mouse button, you will do a more quick attack. Doing it while moving will result in a different attack. Stuff like that.
To go into fullscreen . . . well, I don't know, honestly.
And as far as crashing when making the window a certain size, I'd guess that's natural crashing for some strange reason we'll never understand, and you'll have to wait till the game is more optimized for that sort of thing to be fixed.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:40 pm

Chizmad wrote:my issue now is that I cant figure out how to attack....
You attack with the left mouse button. The right one performs an active block (i.e. you have to time it right.
You can only perform combat moves when an enemy is in range. When there is no enemy nearby, you will notice the character raising his hands. This is just visual feedback, though.
Here's a very good tutorial.

go into full screen
The easiest way is to use the SUMLauncher. You can also edit the config directly (in the Wolfire folder in your Documents and there in the Data folder) by setting it to "true" there.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:14 am

Chizmad wrote:play the game in a window the size of my native resolution without the game crashing...
This sounds like a bug. Could you list your screen size, and the screen resolution you set Overgrowth to?

Since OG is windowed, perhaps the edges of the window would be slightly outside your actual screen, and that is causing the crash. You can resize the window by hovering over the edge and dragging when it turns into the size changing icon. if you haven't done that yet, try making it fit your screen and see if it works then.

Chizmad

Post by Chizmad » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:09 am

my screen size is 1920 x 1080
I just clicked and dragged the edges of the window the furthest I could
also I didn't change the ingame resolution, as all that would come up were options listed as: Meep #2 in my graphical menu for the games options...
also the game takes A long time to load, and I got a good hardrive, so idk why it would take so long...
also selecting full screen mode does nothing...
AND for the small screen that it is my GFX card is running at 124 F, 63 C.....
that's not the hottest it has gotten playing a game, but for the size, and it being only a gtx660 SC, that kinda scares me......
also this might be a bit much to ask, but is there a tutorial I could download and or playthrough?

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:32 am

Chizmad wrote:my screen size is 1920 x 1080
I just clicked and dragged the edges of the window the furthest I could
also I didn't change the ingame resolution, as all that would come up were options listed as: Meep #2 in my graphical menu for the games options...
also the game takes A long time to load, and I got a good hardrive, so idk why it would take so long...
also selecting full screen mode does nothing...
AND for the small screen that it is my GFX card is running at 124 F, 63 C.....
that's not the hottest it has gotten playing a game, but for the size, and it being only a gtx660 SC, that kinda scares me......
also this might be a bit much to ask, but is there a tutorial I could download and or playthrough?
Your problem is that you're pressing buttons that don't do anything. The in-game options menu is just an interface for now. The buttons don't work yet.
I would highly suggest installing SUMlauncher and using that for settings, then come back and tell us if you're having issues there.

last

Post by last » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:16 am

Youtube and google are your friends when you want to learn something.