lag spikes on a capable pc in arena

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
suxel33

lag spikes on a capable pc in arena

Post by suxel33 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:07 am

this happens even when i go to very low, and i usually play at high, NEED SOME HELP, and i know its in alpha, so please dont gimme that as your answer

EPR89

Re: lag spikes on a capable pc in arena

Post by EPR89 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:03 am

But it's most likely the only answer available.
The arena features a lot of characters in a small area, many ragdolls, a lot of blood, in a game that is not yet fully optimised... If this game is going to stutter somewhere, it's there.
Try disabling the blood and see if that improves things.

Also, how do you expect anyone to help you if you don't tell us your system specs? Not saying that it's going to help much since the game potentially runs differently on specific systems, even if they are high end, but you don't really give people anything to work with.

Denhonator

Post by Denhonator » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:19 am

Related to this, I noticed that the sword fights are very laggy for me, everything else works smoothly.

last

Post by last » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Denhonator wrote:Related to this, I noticed that the sword fights are very laggy for me, everything else works smoothly.
EPR89 wrote:Try disabling the blood and see if that improves things.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:20 pm

Funny thing is, I have a "capable" pc and the game doesn't get lag spikes by normal gameplay. Hell even my old 2006 AMD processor only lagged with 6 ragdolls or more. (There are no more than 4 ragdolls in arena mode)
So your computer isn't as good as you think.

Amazinglagann

Post by Amazinglagann » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:12 pm

EPR89 wrote:But it's most likely the only answer available.
The arena features a lot of characters in a small area, many ragdolls, a lot of blood, in a game that is not yet fully optimised... If this game is going to stutter somewhere, it's there.

Also, how do you expect anyone to help you if you don't tell us your system specs? Not saying that it's going to help much since the game potentially runs differently on specific systems, even if they are high end, but you don't really give people anything to work with.
I have this problem, how do I disable blood?

Post by 6673764 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:24 am

Amazinglagann wrote:
EPR89 wrote:But it's most likely the only answer available.

I have this problem, how do I disable blood?
It's easier with SumLauncher. If you have it, just open it and go into the Overgrowth Config tab. In the Graphical Settings section there should be 3 options for blood. Just choose off. If you don't have SumLauncher, go into the config.txt file and look for the line that says blood: 2 (or any other number). Change the number to 0. That should turn blood off.