How do I properly save and share my Maps

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Smith561

How do I properly save and share my Maps

Post by Smith561 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Hey Guys, I could really use some help. How do I properly save my custom maps so they don't save over an existing map or show up on the menu. also, how do I share my content on the SUM launcher?

AmorphousGamer

Re: How do I properly save and share my Maps

Post by AmorphousGamer » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Smith561 wrote:how do I share my content on the SUM launcher?
You don't. You post your map on the forums and it might get added to the SUMlauncher by . . . Anton, I believe.

Vespabros

Post by Vespabros » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:50 pm

AmorphousGamer wrote:You post your map on the forums and it might get added to the SUMlauncher by . . . Anton, I believe.
I wish there were more people with the power to do this...

Post by 6673764 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Smith561 wrote:Hey Guys, I could really use some help. How do I properly save my custom maps so they don't save over an existing map?
To make it so you don't save over another existing map, you should make a copy of the map you want to use so that you still have it to use other times. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your other question.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:06 am

I suggest you check out some threads in the modding section.
This tutorial for creating your first map is very detailed: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14869

Next, you should share your map in the modding section. People who frequent that area will be able to help you test your map, and refine it.

I check that section frequently, and add maps to SUMLauncher as I have the time. (I am sadly behind on this task, because of work related issues, but I have picked up adding maps again, so hoping to catch up at some point. You can see my list of maps to add here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17845 )
Vespabros wrote:
AmorphousGamer wrote:You post your map on the forums and it might get added to the SUMlauncher by . . . Anton, I believe.
I wish there were more people with the power to do this...
Unfortunately, this process hasn't been refined enough to let people do it themselves. I'm essentially editing a database directly to add maps into SUMLauncher. We have plans to allow people to upload files themselves, but to get that working, we have to create a website with logins and a whole UI, and sadly, the other SUM Developers are busy with school.