[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
samjb1992

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.4

Post by samjb1992 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:37 pm

Anton wrote:Hmm... both SUMLauncher and Overgrowth work for me on 10.9.
samjb1992 wrote:in 3.0.4 when it checks for alpha updates it says "error loading update info". i am running mac os x 10.9
I'm not getting this error, but it sounds to me like you were having issues connecting to the internet.
my sum launcher only works if i go into the hidden library , then application support, overgrowth, then open the sum.jar file. any idea how to fix this

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:38 pm

samjb1992 wrote:the sum logs say it has to do with a java issue, and overgrowth crashes on launch for me on 10.9, i have to launch it 3 or 4 times to make it work
Try updating/reinstalling Java.

As for Overgrowth crashing, did you happen to have any scripting mods installed when you updated? You might want to grab the original scripts for this version and make sure you don't have any conflicts.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Anton wrote:
samjb1992 wrote:the sum logs say it has to do with a java issue, and overgrowth crashes on launch for me on 10.9, i have to launch it 3 or 4 times to make it work

As for Overgrowth crashing, did you happen to have any scripting mods installed when you updated? You might want to grab the original scripts for this version and make sure you don't have any conflicts.
i downloaded a fresh install of og and it still crashes.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:56 pm

samjb1992 wrote:
Anton wrote:

i downloaded a fresh install of og and it still crashes.
Did you clear the Overgrowth cache? That would remain in place, even with a fresh install.

Other than that, it might be some other conflict on your system, as it is running just fine for me. (Both in 10.8 and 10.9)

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:33 am

Anton wrote: Did you clear the Overgrowth cache? That would remain in place, even with a fresh install.

Other than that, it might be some other conflict on your system, as it is running just fine for me. (Both in 10.8 and 10.9)

my go was messed up, i have every thing working now.

Bandersaur

Post by Bandersaur » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:49 am

samjb1992 wrote:my sum launcher only works if i go into the hidden library , then application support, overgrowth, then open the sum.jar file.
On further testing, this is true for me too. Perhaps it's a 10.9 thing.

vista_narvas

Post by vista_narvas » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:59 am

if i launch the SUMLauncher it asks me if i want to change ownership of a directory when i press yes it says it can't resolve the terminal name
iv installed the gnome-terminal and now it uses that but it still doesn't do anything and doesn't change the ownership
iv tried to use chmod 777 on the directory but that dint make any difference
the game works fine but i cant update it because of this ;_;7
google and searching this form dint help
im using arch linux and i dont have a DE installed
i hope someone knows how to resolve this

--EDIT--
i dont know if this helps but my SUMLog is full with

*Error!*
SUMLauncher version 3.0.4 (build 28)
Linux
2013-11-11 12:54:58.112
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/vista/Games/Overgrowth/Overgrowth/Data/UI/spawner/spawner.html.tmp (Permission denied)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:221)
at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.c.c.e(Unknown Source)
at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.c.c.a(Unknown Source)
at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.SUM.updateFile(Unknown Source)
at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.SUM$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

vista_narvas

Post by vista_narvas » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:09 am

vista_narvas wrote:if i launch the SUMLauncher it asks me if i want to change ownership of a directory when i press yes it says it can't resolve the terminal name
iv installed the gnome-terminal and now it uses that but it still doesn't do anything and doesn't change the ownership
iv tried to use chmod 777 on the directory but that dint make any difference
the game works fine but i cant update it because of this ;_;7
google and searching this form dint help
im using arch linux and i dont have a DE installed
i hope someone knows how to resolve this

--EDIT--
i dont know if this helps but my SUMLog is full with

*Error!*
Linux
2013-11-11 12:54:58.112
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/vista/Games/Overgrowth/Overgrowth/Data/UI/spawner/spawner.html.tmp (Permission denied)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:221)
at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.c.c.e(Unknown Source)
at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.c.c.a(Unknown Source)
at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.SUM.updateFile(Unknown Source)
at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.SUM$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
SOLVED ;_;7
needed to run "chown -R [user-name-here] Overgrowth" as root
i tryed to change ownership with pcmanfm (a filemaneger)but it dint work
anyway now other people on linux know how to do it
thanks for reading :P
also possible bug report
sunlauncher still downloads the game although it cant save if or some thing maybe give a error before downloading so you know you need to change ownership

elfprince13

Post by elfprince13 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:13 am

Since updating to OS X 10.9 I get the following in my SUMLog, unless I launch the jar file by hand from within the package:

Code: Select all

*Error!*
Mac OS X
2013-11-14 01:01:37.593
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:190)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1747)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1708)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.handleException(SSLSocketImpl.java:1691)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1222)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1199)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:434)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:166)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.connect(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:133)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.SUM.loadServerContent(Unknown Source)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.d.g.d(Unknown Source)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.b.x.e(Unknown Source)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.b.x.a(Unknown Source)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.SUM.displaySplashWindow(Unknown Source)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.SUM.start(Unknown Source)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.SUM.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
	at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.<init>(PKIXValidator.java:57)
	at sun.security.validator.Validator.getInstance(Validator.java:161)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.getValidator(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:108)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:204)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:249)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1188)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:135)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:593)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:529)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:943)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1188)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1215)
	... 11 more
Caused by: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
	at java.security.cert.PKIXParameters.setTrustAnchors(PKIXParameters.java:183)
	at java.security.cert.PKIXParameters.<init>(PKIXParameters.java:103)
	at java.security.cert.PKIXBuilderParameters.<init>(PKIXBuilderParameters.java:87)
	at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.<init>(PKIXValidator.java:55)
	... 22 more

keeanbuscus

Post by keeanbuscus » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:09 am

When i download Sumlauncher and try to open it, it says it is damaged and moves it to my trash folder. I cannot open it or use it at all, ive tried redownloading it many times and nothing works. Please help, ide love to play custom maps. i use a max OS X, and i need someone to help cuz this is a pain in the ass. Also, since i cant use SUMlauncher, i dont think im getting updats :cry:

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:09 am

keeanbuscus wrote:When i download Sumlauncher and try to open it, it says it is damaged and moves it to my trash folder. I cannot open it or use it at all, ive tried redownloading it many times and nothing works. Please help, ide love to play custom maps. i use a max OS X, and i need someone to help cuz this is a pain in the ass. Also, since i cant use SUMlauncher, i dont think im getting updats :cry:
This is an issue with Mac OS X's gatekeeper function. On the first page of this thread, please read the Mac troubleshooting section for how to bypass the issue.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:36 pm

elfprince13 wrote:Since updating to OS X 10.9 I get the following in my SUMLog, unless I launch the jar file by hand from within the package:

Code: Select all

*Error!*
Mac OS X
2013-11-14 01:01:37.593
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:190)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1747)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:1708)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.handleException(SSLSocketImpl.java:1691)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1222)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1199)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:434)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:166)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.connect(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:133)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.SUM.loadServerContent(Unknown Source)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.d.g.d(Unknown Source)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.b.x.e(Unknown Source)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.b.x.a(Unknown Source)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.SUM.displaySplashWindow(Unknown Source)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.SUM.start(Unknown Source)
	at com.antonriehl.ogmods.sum.SUM.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected error: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
	at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.<init>(PKIXValidator.java:57)
	at sun.security.validator.Validator.getInstance(Validator.java:161)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.getValidator(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:108)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:204)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:249)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1188)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:135)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:593)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:529)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:943)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1188)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1215)
	... 11 more
Caused by: java.security.InvalidAlgorithmParameterException: the trustAnchors parameter must be non-empty
	at java.security.cert.PKIXParameters.setTrustAnchors(PKIXParameters.java:183)
	at java.security.cert.PKIXParameters.<init>(PKIXParameters.java:103)
	at java.security.cert.PKIXBuilderParameters.<init>(PKIXBuilderParameters.java:87)
	at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.<init>(PKIXValidator.java:55)
	... 22 more
this happens to me as well

HIbred

Post by HIbred » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:53 am

Having trouble...i run the launcher and it asks to select executable file ,then i get invalid executable message ..i pre ordered legit.. this is on windows

Dark_Panzer_4

Post by Dark_Panzer_4 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:43 am

I downloaded the SUMLauncher. When I went to open it, my computer told me that its firewall was keeping it from working. I went to the firewall settings and told my computer to let it work but when I tried to open the updater, it still wouldn't run. Could I have some help? This is on Windows.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:58 pm

HIbred wrote:Having trouble...i run the launcher and it asks to select executable file ,then i get invalid executable message ..i pre ordered legit.. this is on windows
Make sure you are selecting the proper executable file - on Windows this is Overgrowth.exe (not the installer, and not the folder that holds the executable).
Dark_Panzer_4 wrote:I downloaded the SUMLauncher. When I went to open it, my computer told me that its firewall was keeping it from working. I went to the firewall settings and told my computer to let it work but when I tried to open the updater, it still wouldn't run. Could I have some help? This is on Windows.
Please read the Troubleshooting section of the first post, there are instructions to help you out.