[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Groenendael72

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.4

Post by Groenendael72 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:00 pm

I'm trying to download overgrowth through this, but it just says "Obtaining download link" forever

How do I fix it?

Nasuki3

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.4

Post by Nasuki3 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:30 pm

Okay, so, I've disabled my firewall, disabled Microsoft Security Essentials, but the file in the folder with overgrowth, and I am still getting the message "please verify you are connected to the internet and that your firewall is not blocking the SUMLauncher. Would you like to try again?" I've done everything in the troubleshooting section and I still can't get it to work..

Aaron

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.5

Post by Aaron » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:27 pm

SUMLauncher 3.0.5 is now available:

Code: Select all

• Added support for transparent_screenshot Overgrowth config item.
You can grab the new version by running SUMLauncher and choosing to update when prompted (new users can find downloads in the first post).

Nasuki3

Post by Nasuki3 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Tried everything again with the 3.0.5 update and a fresh download, and still nothing working sadly

last

Post by last » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:36 pm

You never mentioned what antivirus program you are using. When it is AVG Antivirus then this is a known bug and there is solutions in the first post, under troubleshooting paragraph.

Bronxsta

Post by Bronxsta » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Is there a way to return to the launcher while in the game, without exiting and then relaunching the launcher?

jaggerlink

Post by jaggerlink » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:14 am

Bronxsta wrote:Is there a way to return to the launcher while in the game, without exiting and then relaunching the launcher?
You shouldn't run the SUMLauncher while in-game. You have to re-run it each time.

Nasuki3

Post by Nasuki3 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:08 am

last wrote:You never mentioned what antivirus program you are using. When it is AVG Antivirus then this is a known bug and there is solutions in the first post, under troubleshooting paragraph.

I thought I did in my first post, but I very well may not have, sorry for the inconvenience. All I have for an antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials (Yes I know I should have an antivirus program, but as I don't often tread in murky waters so to say, I feel perfectly fine running without one)

last

Post by last » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Edit Anton already fixed this. Just run SUM launcher and it will update automatically.
[+] Fixed SUM launcher bug
SUM launcher has a bug where it don't update Spawner.html again. So it don't display O2 tab correctly and community tab don't show up at all.
Here is a fix that you can install manually when you have this problem.

ariondivine

Post by ariondivine » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Just did a fresh download, but i keep getting the error: invalid or corrupt .jar file. and help with this? dont have AVG by the way.

askteam

Post by askteam » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Woop! this mod is so cool! :D

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:53 pm

ariondivine wrote:Just did a fresh download, but i keep getting the error: invalid or corrupt .jar file. and help with this? dont have AVG by the way.
This is something I really should develop a proper fix for (maybe once finals are over).

For now, go to your 'Documents' folder, then Wolfire/Overgrowth/SUM OG Utilities/, and delete the 'SUM.jar' file. After that, try running SUMLauncher again and see if the problem is fixed.

ariondivine

Post by ariondivine » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Aaron wrote:
ariondivine wrote:Just did a fresh download, but i keep getting the error: invalid or corrupt .jar file. and help with this? dont have AVG by the way.
This is something I really should develop a proper fix for (maybe once finals are over).

For now, go to you 'Documents' folder, then Wolfire/Overgrowth/SUM OG Utilities/, and delete the 'SUM.jar' file. After that, try running SUMLauncher again and see if the problem is fixed.
Yes! the problem appears to be fixed and SUMLauncher is once again working. thank you for the help, it is much appreciated!

Nasuki3

Post by Nasuki3 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 am

Soo, I tried again after downloading another fresh copy, and no luck at all still.. Any clue at all as to what I can do guys?

jaggerlink

Post by jaggerlink » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Nasuki3 wrote:Soo, I tried again after downloading another fresh copy, and no luck at all still.. Any clue at all as to what I can do guys?

I'm running the SUMLauncher just fine with Microsoft Security Essentials, so I don't know what the problem could be on your end as your Internet connection is pretty clearly working otherwise... You're the first person I've encountered with this problem that isn't running AVG.