[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
wyattgeorge

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.5

Post by wyattgeorge » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Wow That actually appears to have worked i can finally get back to overgrowth :D

Aaron

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.6

Post by Aaron » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:52 pm

SUMLauncher 3.0.6 is now available:

Code: Select all

• Fixed hang when only a Steam install is detected on Windows.
You can grab the new version by running SUMLauncher and choosing to update when prompted (new users can find downloads in the first post).

Thanks to Fleppensteyn for doing some detective work!

PersianImm0rtal

Post by PersianImm0rtal » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Aaron wrote:SUMLauncher 3.0.6 is now available:

You can grab the new version by running SUMLauncher and choosing to update when prompted (new users can find downloads in the first post).

The original post is still downloading the old version...

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:40 pm

PersianImm0rtal wrote:

Unfortunately, if you downloaded the version that was causing this issue, you need to manually delete the old version from your computer.
Go to My Documents/Wolfire/Overgrowth/SUM OG Utilities/ and delete SUM.jar - Then you can just run SUMLauncher again, and it should work for you.

Nasuki3

Post by Nasuki3 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:34 pm

jaggerlink wrote:
Nasuki3 wrote:So... It turns out that it was not the software I downloaded at her school. I even uninstalled it. Still nothing. sad face
I'm sorry that it isn't working for you... :( I am trying to think of what else it could be. Because the SUMLauncher is written in Java it sometimes gets blocked by programs that block anything written in Java from connecting to the Internet. Have you messed with your Java settings at all in the past?
Uhm, if I've messed with my java at all, it was prior to my C drive being reset, but I don't recall ever really touching it. I can go looking and try to find out though. And I will try the 3.0.6 update and see what happens. I mean I get it's still in alpha, so it doesn't bother me much, especially because I play a variety of games so I don't spend excessive time (usually) on any one. If things start to work though I'll respond

PersianImm0rtal

Post by PersianImm0rtal » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:52 pm

Anton wrote:
PersianImm0rtal wrote:

Unfortunately, if you downloaded the version that was causing this issue, you need to manually delete the old version from your computer.
Go to My Documents/Wolfire/Overgrowth/SUM OG Utilities/ and delete SUM.jar - Then you can just run SUMLauncher again, and it should work for you.
Thank I think this fixed it, you may want to add the to the original post.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:54 pm

PersianImm0rtal wrote:Thank I think this fixed it, you may want to add the to the original post.
This only applies to the small handful of people that bought through the Wolfire's website but only redeemed through Steam on the first day. I think we can take care of them without too much change to the first post. Luckily we caught this before people who bought through steam were able to access the forums.

jaggerlink

Post by jaggerlink » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:28 am

Nasuki3 wrote:Uhm, if I've messed with my java at all, it was prior to my C drive being reset, but I don't recall ever really touching it. I can go looking and try to find out though. And I will try the 3.0.6 update and see what happens. I mean I get it's still in alpha, so it doesn't bother me much, especially because I play a variety of games so I don't spend excessive time (usually) on any one. If things start to work though I'll respond
Well you don't need SUMLauncher to enjoy the game, though it makes it much easier to play with community content. I'm sorry that I've been unable to help you get it working. All I can say at this point is that something is blocking SUMLauncher (and probably all other Java programs) from connecting to the Internet on your machine...

Dreamstorm

Post by Dreamstorm » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Do I need SUM launcher for the Steam version, and if so, what for and what not for?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:36 pm

Dreamstorm wrote:Do I need SUM launcher for the Steam version, and if so, what for and what not for?
SUMLauncher is compatible with the Steam version of the game. Steam will update the game instead of using SUMLauncher, but SUMLauncher can install custom maps and objects, as well as adjust the settings for you.

Lumarious

Post by Lumarious » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:22 pm

"The main menu was replaced in a recent alpha update." THIS SUCKS! How do I fix this? :cry: This only happens after installing OG and then running SUM. I have to uninstall and reinstall OG without ever using SUM to play any custom maps, but I can't get other peoples maps without SUM! grrr.. please advise! :!:

Nasuki3

Post by Nasuki3 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:16 pm

Well you don't need SUMLauncher to enjoy the game, though it makes it much easier to play with community content. I'm sorry that I've been unable to help you get it working. All I can say at this point is that something is blocking SUMLauncher (and probably all other Java programs) from connecting to the Internet on your machine...[/quote]

I agree entirely. I do enjoy the game as is, I just don't know how to access community created content without SUMLauncher. But I will look into that next since, for the time being, I'm going to stop worrying about SUMLauncher. I do agree that something is blocking it, but it appears to be only it. I've not found any problems with any of my other programs at all. C'est la vie.

Figured out how to do it without SUMLauncher. For some reason I was expecting it to be a lot harder... Don't know why I was expecting anything different, especially with how much I've modding most games on my pc... Kind of one of those, wow I'm stupid moments

rory1066

Post by rory1066 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

says failed to open the script file: Data/Scripts/aschar.aux.as
no such file directory
the game works if i load up through steam but not sumlauncher,
Can some one help me, please
Thanks rory1066 :D

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:41 pm

I wanted to clarify something, this will work even if you skip a few alphas, but will it only add the new updates or will it also add everything you missed in the alphas between?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Peruraptor wrote:I wanted to clarify something, this will work even if you skip a few alphas, but will it only add the new updates or will it also add everything you missed in the alphas between?
It will update to the latest version, but in order to do that, it has to progressively update everything I between.