Higher levels of Gladiator mode

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Groenendael72

Higher levels of Gladiator mode

Post by Groenendael72 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:29 pm

The Gladiator mode is a bit ridiculous. As soon as you get past about level 80 the bots are able to kill you in one hit, and move 2x as fast as you. It would be better if the bots had a higher skill, not just increased speed and strength.

Also, someone should turn down th buffness at about level 100. they start looking like the Terminator.

Or Worse....

Groenendael72

Re: Higher levels of Gladiator mode

Post by Groenendael72 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:40 pm

I would like some ideas if anyone has any.

I myself thought that the blocking skill could be turned up, along with a counter for the block/throw combo, so that it's not so hard to recover from, and so that your character doesn't glitch to standing at lightspeed.

Please post responses, as I have no idea how this could get better, and I want the Gladiator mode to be more balanced.

PoetRabbit

Post by PoetRabbit » Sun May 11, 2014 4:25 pm

It should start catering towards more weaker enemies instead of overly powered ones. I can jump and leg cannon someone into the ground/wall and have them get up and basically laugh it off. The terminator at least ran out of bullets. It's nice to get hundreds of fans even though i'm losing the fight though.

Corpsey

Post by Corpsey » Sun May 11, 2014 6:45 pm

I kinda liked 'leveling' up with them. I started each round by figuring out their stats and transferring the same stats to the playable character and it was actually a lot of fun. It pretty much turns into the exact same game but a looooot faster paced. I probably could've scripted it but I just wanted to run a quick test to see how much farther I'd progress. I mean even using the wolf there's a point where they still get the damage reduction and you're left getting 1-shotted because you have none.

Although I'm pretty disciplined.. like I wont use the jump attack because the AI doesn't. I've made it over rank 100 without the jump attack and without stat editing but after 100 it's insane... you kind of ALWAYS have to judo-throw them until they die of exhaustion... throwing an attack most of the time will get you killed. After 100 though they seem to hit straight through your reversal, so it's not even fun.

With that said, gladiator mode was practically just released within the last couple patches, so I'm sure they're going to tweak it eventually..

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Sun May 11, 2014 8:04 pm

There is already a thread on this topic, also I think the enemies should keep it getting better until a realistic level, and stop before they become giant black planets...

PoetRabbit

Post by PoetRabbit » Mon May 12, 2014 5:02 pm

I got sweepkicked once and sent across half the arena by someone that had almost 2 feet on my char... I went from combat 82 to 100-something and ended up facing that thing. Black planet is a good way of describing it... although throwing a sword into them still drops them.

RustyPage

Post by RustyPage » Tue May 13, 2014 1:21 pm

I agree 100%, higher skilled enemies should not be faster or stronger then the player they should just be better at capitalizing on a good situation and focusing on your weak points.Also predicting how you are going to attack them and so on.

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Wed May 14, 2014 3:06 am

Corpsey wrote:I kinda liked 'leveling' up with them. I started each round by figuring out their stats and transferring the same stats to the playable character and it was actually a lot of fun. It pretty much turns into the exact same game but a looooot faster paced. I probably could've scripted it but I just wanted to run a quick test to see how much farther I'd progress.
If I think there was a specific mod in development about this...

...but then it DIED.

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Wed May 14, 2014 1:26 pm

Sehiro wrote:
Corpsey wrote:I kinda liked 'leveling' up with them. I started each round by figuring out their stats and transferring the same stats to the playable character and it was actually a lot of fun. It pretty much turns into the exact same game but a looooot faster paced. I probably could've scripted it but I just wanted to run a quick test to see how much farther I'd progress.
If I think there was a specific mod in development about this...

...but then it DIED.
I want to play as a bunny planet…

Bunny Planet, he is our hero