What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
underthedeep

Re: What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

Post by underthedeep » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:50 pm

ShakerGER wrote: Ranged weaponry.
Throw what is in your hand.

Tain

Post by Tain » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:11 pm

armor, relaxed tail physics, better dialog/AI

goldroman22

Post by goldroman22 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:18 pm

no pink glow!!

ShakerGER

Post by ShakerGER » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:31 pm

underthedeep wrote:
I mean like a bow. Maybe a belt where you can put several daggers. BEcause if i trow my weapon i don't have one left you know? :)

last

Post by last » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:25 pm

ShakerGER wrote:
underthedeep wrote:
I mean like a bow. Maybe a belt where you can put several daggers. BEcause if i throw my weapon i don't have one left you know? :)
This is called balanced game. You can throw but when you do this there is a chance that you miss, he catches it, or even better you make successful throw and kill or weaken your enemy.
Now when he catches it or your throw missed him he has a chance to pick this weapon up and use it against you. This thing can not be achieved with arrows and bows. Think about this and you will see how unbalanced bows and arrows can be.

Murph

Post by Murph » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:06 pm

ShakerGER wrote:
underthedeep wrote:
I mean like a bow. Maybe a belt where you can put several daggers. BEcause if i trow my weapon i don't have one left you know? :)
This would be the death of hand-to-hand combat in this game. You could just range all of your enemies and never get in an actual fight. Kind of defeats the purpose of the developer putting all that time into a complex fighting system, doesn't it?

Sehiro

Post by Sehiro » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:02 am

The sliding on ice effect should be added also to ragdolls. Right now it seems to affect alive people only.

Etidorhpa

Post by Etidorhpa » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:39 pm

What next build? This game is still being "worked on"? :roll:

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:06 am

Etidorhpa wrote:What next build? This game is still being "worked on"? :roll:

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Etidorhpa wrote:What next build? This game is still being "worked on"? :roll:
Incase you haven't noticed, Wolfire has been working very hard to bring you a good game. Apologies that two people do not have the super human ability to work 24/7 non-stop to bring you what you want when you want it.

Zawoka

Post by Zawoka » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:22 pm

I'd like to see some stuff about lights like lanterns, fire, etc. For night/stealth levels it would be awesome ! (and kill the framerate, can't wait !) Also I read someone talk about cloth physics ... it would look nice to have flags or tinsels like himalayan ones. Or a big coat in a snowy level, but I guess characters already have fur :) .

Also water is missing. How hard would it be to script a "water hotspot" where the characters/physics acts like in water, and if the camera is inside it gets an underwater effect ? Or it's dumb maybe ? I'm not necesseralily talking about swimming mechanics but just cosmetic stuff (but a swimming rabbit sneaking silently into a harbor by night, avoiding lanterns and hiding behind curtains would be very very cool and still "overgrowth" in my opinion).

And ranged weapon. Everyone is saying that it would be OP, or not in the spirit, but it could be an attack restrained to a special type of ennemy only. Or carrying bow and arrows could restrain movement and speed in a way that you could use them only in certain spots of a level (a bit like carrying a longsword currently forbid you to grab ledges). Also an arrow could be efficient against a rabbit but they're fast and hard to hit, and not so good against an heavily armored dog.
What I want to say is that there are ways to make balanced combat with ranged weapon I guess, and it would add some variety to the game (but I know it's a lot of work for a feature that is not the core of the gameplay).

And after that ... optimization, better AI, optimization, more levels and more models, and ... well, it's an alpha, and it's already a great sandbox, so regular alpha implementations :D

And I'm aware that all of this isn't possible in one build ; I just feel like some of these features lack in levels...

Sykotikpro

Post by Sykotikpro » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:41 am

I want Combos!

For instance, crouch and sweep your leg, keep your momentum and roundhouse kick them! it would deal massive damage.

Of course, it could be dodge-able, only by ducking, starter attacks, such as the jab and hooks, and even the sweep, can be easily dodged, but once a combo is started and a hit slips in, it takes specific movements depending on the attack to dodge. The only penalty for failing to dodge is getting hit (unless you throw yourself into, then the force is multiplied, and that would hurt.)

Kinghillard

Post by Kinghillard » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:38 am

Sykotikpro wrote:I want Combos!

For instance, crouch and sweep your leg, keep your momentum and roundhouse kick them! it would deal massive damage.

)
Word.

Besides combos, i also want blunt weapons, like hammers and sticks.

Something that might not be possible to get done in the next build but should defenitely be in the final product is limb injury, like bone fractions, enough force applied can already break a neck, we should be able to put arms and legs ouy of working order as well, that would be cool, limb severing might also be a thing but i'm not sure it's completely realistic or necessary.

Mowse

Post by Mowse » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:55 pm

ScopeTCR wrote:
Zelron wrote:
ScopeTCR wrote:[The ability] to snap their neck instantly rather than waiting for them to suffocate, slamming their head into the ground like in Arkham City
They make it look in movies and games that you might accidentally snap your own neck by turning you head too quickly, but really snaping someone's neck isn't easy. It's quite frankly unreliable. And smashing someone's head against the floor is just going to disorient them (and give you a wicked headache).
The "sleeper hold" is actually the most reliable, effecient, and quickest way to silently incapacitate someone.
These are highly trained professional Rabbits we are talking about here. It wouldn't take from the realism at all, because your claim is not 100% true. In movies, they are generally acting as if the person's neck is completely loose, or at ease. That would be the only reason why it would kill them, but obviously they would be struggling and tense. This just proves your claim even more, HOWEVER, if done the proper way, which these animals seem to be Martial Art and Aikido masters, and it wouldn't be so unfathomable to just add the feature. And about the slamming their head into the ground, I was just giving more examples of what could be added.
I agree, its a game, these are ninja rabbits for crying out loud. A Neck Snap would be very helpful in many scenarios. For example if there are two enemies walking on the same path around an object and you put on in a sleeper hold, the other one will see you before you can kill the first, and if they have an angle, they can kill you while you are still trying to kill the first one. Also, it would be pretty freaking cool.

Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Better dual wielding

More gore (Being able to cut off limbs would be oh so nice)

Ability to add your own voice acting as dialogue in addition to the current dialogue system

AI having the ability to throw weapons

Checkpoints for those goddamned enormous levels

More music?

Attacking enemies while wall-running/ wall running special attack thingy

Ability to break arms/legs, crippling a character accordingly but not necessarily killing them

Special attacks that specifically target the neck/spine for more damage (should be difficult to pull off)

Bite and claw attacks.