question about sumlauncher

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Obra Vastia

question about sumlauncher

Post by Obra Vastia » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:47 am

This is my first time posting in the forum so sorry if this should of been posted somewhere else but..

So I downloaded sumlauncher and downloaded some mods, mainly the lightsabers and tengu character. After playing around a bit I figured out that I had to load them manually, but the problem is, in the videos I've seen people load them from the "community" tab in Load Items, which doesn't appear for me at all. Did I do something wrong ? Sorry if this is a nub question.

nboy

Re: question about sumlauncher

Post by nboy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:04 pm

did u download all the dependencies that those mods may have? if there are dependencies i'm pretty sure the SUM launcher forces you to download them, but i'm not totally sure

sandwichpolice

Post by sandwichpolice » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:39 pm

This sometimes happens, it just disappears or doesn't exist in the first place. I'm not quite sure what causes it, but it seems to come back and disappear whenever it feels like it.

Obra Vastia

Post by Obra Vastia » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:34 am

Well I fixed that after playing around with it and trying everything :) only problem I have now is that, when I save a character edited to my liking, when I load it, it spawns as the first character xc (map started with charter dog, changed him to hooded bunny and saved after edits. Loaded him and still spawned as dog) any solutions ? :S

nboy

Post by nboy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:34 am

Obra Vastia wrote:Well I fixed that after playing around with it and trying everything :) only problem I have now is that, when I save a character edited to my liking, when I load it, it spawns as the first character xc (map started with charter dog, changed him to hooded bunny and saved after edits. Loaded him and still spawned as dog) any solutions ? :S
i have this problem too. i dont know how to fix it, but at least u know ur not alone :(

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:34 pm

Obra Vastia wrote:Well I fixed that after playing around with it and trying everything :) only problem I have now is that, when I save a character edited to my liking, when I load it, it spawns as the first character xc (map started with charter dog, changed him to hooded bunny and saved after edits. Loaded him and still spawned as dog) any solutions ? :S
are you playing as the dog and using the number keys to change to the rabbit? because that does not register the character change in the level XML

Obra Vastia

Post by Obra Vastia » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:46 am

samjb1992 wrote:
are you playing as the dog and using the number keys to change to the rabbit? because that does not register the character change in the level XML

Yeah xc how do I do it right ? The same happens with bunny... I press 1 until I get the hooded rabbit but it just spawns as a normal brown rabbit after I save :c

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:49 pm

Obra Vastia wrote: Yeah xc how do I do it right ? The same happens with bunny... I press 1 until I get the hooded rabbit but it just spawns as a normal brown rabbit after I save :c
you have to either spawn a raider rabbit from the object menu by hitting the folder icon and then loading the actor XML or you can hit the 1 button and then go to editor mode and save the character as an item the delete the character and load it back from the objects folder using that XML file you just saved.

Obra Vastia

Post by Obra Vastia » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:05 am

samjb1992 wrote:
Obra Vastia wrote: Yeah xc how do I do it right ? The same happens with bunny... I press 1 until I get the hooded rabbit but it just spawns as a normal brown rabbit after I save :c
you have to either spawn a raider rabbit from the object menu by hitting the folder icon and then loading the actor XML or you can hit the 1 button and then go to editor mode and save the character as an item the delete the character and load it back from the objects folder using that XML file you just saved.

Sorry I am a bit slow... where is the actor XML ? I looked thru the folders in game and I didn't see any hooded rabbit. And I didn't understand the second way to do it haha sorry this is just complicated for me

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:14 pm

Obra Vastia wrote: Sorry I am a bit slow... where is the actor XML ? I looked thru the folders in game and I didn't see any hooded rabbit. And I didn't understand the second way to do it haha sorry this is just complicated for me
sorry I did not explain that very well :(

for option 1: when you start a map and it loads you need
1.to go to editor mode,
do that by hitting ESC key (by default)

2.hit the load objects option to bring up object browser.

3.from the browser hit the button with a folder as an icon.

4.after you hit the folder button and the game opens up the new window,
you need to be in the folder named "objects" (should open by default) and look in a folder called "characters" or "igfcharacters" and look for a file with the name of the character you want and load the file with "actor" at the end of it.

then done.

option 2:
1.same as option 1.

2.select your character/player (highlighted green box) and instead of load object select "save item" from the options in editor mode.

3. name it what ever you want and save.

4. now open the objects browser in game again and choose the folder button like in option 1.

5. instead of going to characters folder look for the file you saved in the previous step instead.

6. load the file from step 5 and then select it in game after it loads.

7. with it selected press I think (cmnd/shift/p) for Mac and (control/shift/p) for windows to turn the characters box green (if green when loaded skip this step).

8.save map and done.

hoped this helps

Obra Vastia

Post by Obra Vastia » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:22 am

samjb1992 wrote:
Obra Vastia wrote: Sorry I am a bit slow... where is the actor XML ? I looked thru the folders in game and I didn't see any hooded rabbit. And I didn't understand the second way to do it haha sorry this is just complicated for me
sorry I did not explain that very well :(

for option 1: when you start a map and it loads you need
1.to go to editor mode,
do that by hitting ESC key (by default)

2.hit the load objects option to bring up object browser.

3.from the browser hit the button with a folder as an icon.

4.after you hit the folder button and the game opens up the new window,
you need to be in the folder named "objects" (should open by default) and look in a folder called "characters" or "igfcharacters" and look for a file with the name of the character you want and load the file with "actor" at the end of it.

then done.

option 2:
1.same as option 1.

2.select your character/player (highlighted green box) and instead of load object select "save item" from the options in editor mode.

3. name it what ever you want and save.

4. now open the objects browser in game again and choose the folder button like in option 1.

5. instead of going to characters folder look for the file you saved in the previous step instead.

6. load the file from step 5 and then select it in game after it loads.

7. with it selected press I think (cmnd/shift/p) for Mac and (control/shift/p) for windows to turn the characters box green (if green when loaded skip this step).

8.save map and done.

hoped this helps

thanks for the help but i still can't get it to work :/ it just loads a brown normal rabbit, not a hooded rabbit... I don't know how to do it :/