What would you like to see added to overgrowth

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
TheRabbidPixel

Re: What would you like to see added to overgrowth

Post by TheRabbidPixel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:44 am

I'd like to see weapon combat get some tinkering, like grabbing a weapon off someone during combat and have different fighting styles according to what weapon your facing up against.

I'd also like to see the game not be so much like Lugaru's level by level format and see it more like a sandbox, kind of like Assassin Creed 3's sandbox. Having cities to explore but also being able to venture the wilderness. Like everyone and their mother is making low-budget indie games these days and I like to think it wouldn't be too hard to make the game like this as it would add a lot to immersion.

And lastly, gore, more gore. Dismemberment and bruises are two easy ones to throw out their, I'd also like more than just 3 states of health status; alive and kicking, in death animation, and dead. Like being cripple (as mention earlier).

EDIT: Fuck me, I just realized how much of a necro that was. There's even a post of me talking about primary school! HA!

elegaro

Post by elegaro » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:48 pm

I would love to see Npc hunting you, climbing and jumping\wall jumping and parkouring trying to catch you..that would add a whole new kind of gameplay.

DrHammer

Post by DrHammer » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:42 am

Aw man, I was looking for a thread like this. If only I'd known about it a week ago, would have saved me the effort of my own shoddy attempt.

Has there been any discussion on a slide attack? Because I think having a few options for a running attack might be useful, seeing as the current on can be easily predicted and countered with a leg sweep, and while I believe tackles will eventually be a thing, I think there aught to be a middle-ground in terms of commitment. Holding attack and pressing shift while running could activate the slide, which could also be incorporated into the parkour (of course), and balanced against the roll by dropping speed relative to the player's inertia and direction, but allowing for maintained or elongated speed down slopes or across certain surfaces, like ice. I recall David mentioning having a kind of progressive-sprinting system (where the player's speed increases the longer they're running) and I think a slide would compliment that quite nicely.

I am almost certain this idea has to have been suggested before, as it seems to be rather "low-hanging fruit", but I can't seem to find any discussion on it. Could someone recap the conclusion on that, if there was one?

I'd also like to be able to use hotspots to trigger NPC movement scripts and change behaviors so I could set up ambushes and such, but that sounds like something that is probably already in the game and I've just yet to figure it out.

Hansuki

Post by Hansuki » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:10 am

My two biggest pet peeves so far are:

No attack cancel - mostly for arena, since hitting your opponent after the match is over disqualifies you, but sometimes fast weapons are hard to stop. Being disqualified ranks your down even though you won the match which sucks (strangely, the audience loves to see you beat on the corpse of your fallen enemies)

Having to type .xml into the load map part. All the maps I could possibly load are xml files, so when loading the map name, you should really only have to type the name, not the full thing. The game crashes to desktop when you forget the .xml part, when it should just add ".xml" to the end. I'm sure its a small code thing

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:09 pm

Hansuki wrote:No attack cancel - mostly for arena, since hitting your opponent after the match is over disqualifies you, but sometimes fast weapons are hard to stop. Being disqualified ranks your down even though you won the match which sucks (strangely, the audience loves to see you beat on the corpse of your fallen enemies)
Right clicking early in the attack animation will cancel the attack.
It's actually a feint that will eventually be useful in combat.

Also, a208 increased the time until the round or match is actually considered over. Unless you just keep pressing attack after the kill you will not get disqualified. I think the time tolerance is about one and a half seconds.

TheRabbidPixel

Post by TheRabbidPixel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:57 pm

I'd like to see it, instead of crashing when you load an object with a missing texture or something, to just abort the process and save you the hassle of being 30 minutes into a map making project just to crash because you forgot so many objects are missing textures.

Confused Gherkin

Post by Confused Gherkin » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:00 pm

I would love to see a different single-player campaign for each race, so that you get a completely different feel and gameplay style for each one.

Also, I'd like to see a game-mode where you have say, a house and a family, and you have to go out on assassination jobs (or whatever) to raise money and keep your family going.

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:34 pm

I'd would like to have the option of separate buttons for picking up and throwing weapons. Clean throw kills often rely on surprise, which is difficult if you keep trying to pick up another weapon while trying to throw your current one. Also, the return of manual weapon switching hands.

jcbJCB2000

Post by jcbJCB2000 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:44 am

Personally I would like two see a long,short and cross bowadded to the game although I do understand that these would be somewhat's over powered UN less they were manual aim witch would be difficult to implement

I apologise for the poor grammar as I'm typing this on a phone in a rush so sorry

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:25 am

even tough this
I apologise for the poor grammar as I'm typing this on a phone in a rush so sorry
this was still funny
jcbJCB2000 wrote:witch

OleBone

Re: What would you like to see addeds to overgrowth

Post by OleBone » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:28 am

I'd like to see these things return from Lugaru
1.) Bunny Run & Tackle
2.) Spinal Crusher stealth attack( sneak up behind em, if you have no weapon & put em in a choke and press attack...bam!! spinal crusher...bring it back!!!)
3.) Camouflage bunny pants 8)
4.) Double Punch
5.)Kicking fallen enemies at other enemies

Also
grapple(attacks) & dismemberment
Tigers
Panthers
Goats

RylanLego

Post by RylanLego » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:00 am

Don't know if anyone said yet, but I would like to have another slider in the character parameters: jump height. Sometimes I just want wolves or cats or any of the other animals to jump as high as I want. It could also make some towering parkour levels! Also can we have some of those body part parameters from Lugaru? You could make the head, torso, arms and legs etc as big or small as you want! It could bring in a lot of creative characters. A lot of creative and ugly characters. :wink:

perspectivedesigns

Post by perspectivedesigns » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:29 pm

I'd like to see better throwing mechanisms and npc's throwing objects (at least spears) at you. Right now it feels overpowered when the npc can't see me, and underpowered when the npc can see me. I'm not exactly sure what changes would help, so maybe somebody else has a suggestion. Perhaps the player could aim it themselves?

Dammasta
Location: Somewhere under the rainbow, face down in the dirt.

Post by Dammasta » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:25 am

jcbJCB2000 wrote:Personally I would like two see a long,short and cross bowadded to the game although I do understand that these would be somewhat's over powered UN less they were manual aim witch would be difficult to implement

Overgrowth is about hand-to-hand combat, not picking off your enemies from 300 yards away. Get in close and fight your enemies like a real man (or bunny).

zpp policeman33

Post by zpp policeman33 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:30 pm

I would like to see some humans which have much more technology than the other animals. (because we are the smartest) More weapons. I would also like ferrets and weasels. Not to mention a gun mod.