please speed up the development of overgrowth.

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
bobtaco

please speed up the development of overgrowth.

Post by bobtaco » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:09 pm

please give us weekly updates.

Autious
Project Programmer

Re: please speed up the development of overgrowth.

Post by Autious » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:08 am

Some changes are occurring in the development process of Overgrowth right now.

I can't make any promises, but i believe that there will be an increase in the rate of communication throughout the next couple of months.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:30 am

I'm guessing you haven't taken the effort to find out why they stopped weekly updates in the first place.

Slycan

Post by Slycan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:01 am

EPR89 wrote:I'm guessing you haven't taken the effort to find out why they stopped weekly updates in the first place.
Why does there need to be any "effort" anyway, it'd be easy to just post what is happening rather than putting casual OG players through an witch hunt?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:45 am

That effort comment was directed at OP.

Also, Wolfire have been doing that in the Q&As and on twitter.

MetalMilitia623

Post by MetalMilitia623 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:52 am

Before I decided to buy this game I did plenty of research to figure out if it was "one of those games". You know the ones in development forever that never get finished. Based on what I was able to find about this game from these forums and youtube and twitter and elsewhere on the Internets seems to show this game will be seen to completion.

If you are trying to say the info is too hard to find then you are just too lazy to search the internet for like 30 seconds. It's not hard, it's available.

Also in the last OG weekly video didn't they say something about going on vacation for a bit? Isn't that why they've been quite quiet on things recently?

Banestorm

Post by Banestorm » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:17 pm

Comments on the Steam Store page got me worrying too (I couldn't check back till this summer so I do not have any info).They were complaining about the game being in alpha for 7 years.Is that really a problem?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:09 pm

Banestorm wrote:Comments on the Steam Store page got me worrying too (I couldn't check back till this summer so I do not have any info).They were complaining about the game being in alpha for 7 years.Is that really a problem?
To the Steam users, yes.
Buut it's the Steam forums. The game is really viewed way more negative over on Steam then anywhere else.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:51 am

Timbles wrote:
Banestorm wrote:Comments on the Steam Store page got me worrying too (I couldn't check back till this summer so I do not have any info).They were complaining about the game being in alpha for 7 years.Is that really a problem?
To the Steam users, yes.
Buut it's the Steam forums. The game is really viewed way more negative over on Steam then anywhere else.
Because a bunch of guys over there don't get what Early Access means. Plus, many of the most prominent complainers don't have the game and still insist on criticizing gameplay mechanics.

Blackavar

Post by Blackavar » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:05 pm

EPR89 wrote:That effort comment was directed at OP.

Also, Wolfire have been doing that in the Q&As and on twitter.
Give me the most recent example. The recent OGWeekly? That was a month ago. They've been silent ever since.

What we need are weekly (at least) blog posts that also appear on the Steam page that will appear in your feed. There are 18 comments on the recent OGWeekly post, a few of those mine, a few of those just random mindless stuff. The video itself has what, 4k views?

I'm willing to bet 99% of preorderers DON'T KNOW WE'RE GETTING A LUGARU PORT. Not many people want to watch a 30-60 minute video just to find out what bug fixes might be happening in the next update, and I'd be willing to bet that's all most people expect from those videos, nothing exciting like the Lugaru port. And David hasn't posted anything on the blog (or twitter afaik) about the Lugaru port. I've asked him why he is silent before and he responded that he did not want to announce anything that wasn't official, as if we were scared of creating hype.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:53 pm

The last Q&A session was so long ago because the hosts are on holiday/business trips, which has been announced well before it happened.

So much for effort and doing research.

I'm pretty sure many people know that we are getting a Lugaru pot because it gets posted every single time someone who didn't care to do his research decides to publicly complain about lack of communication and progress.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:13 pm

Am I the only person who loves Overgrowth for what it is now?
I mean seriously, the level editor! It's one of the best I've ever used in a game and everyone's still complaining!
I don't care what people say, I'm gonna be playing Overgrowth to the very end.