Unofficial Overgrowth a224 build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a224 build

Post by halzoid » Mon May 30, 2016 8:00 am

ZeScratch wrote: EDIT: Having added "bool allow_rolling;" myself, it progressed as normal and then spat out the PreDraw() error again.
I cant even get it to register me changing the code to allow rolling... Though it's likely I'm editing it incorrectly...

I've also noticed that every update has told me a different location that's missing the "allow rolling" function.
First time I tried it was missing from aschar.as, then I uploaded a gif and it was missing from enemycontrol.as and now I'm getting the error from playercontrol.as... :?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon May 30, 2016 2:33 pm

I'm on internal_testing branch and right now I still get the AllowRolling error, this time from enemycontrol.as

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:23 am

Thanks for testing, we'll look at ways to fix this bug, many thanks for letting us know about it!

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:01 am

I've pushed potential patch for the allow rolling crash to internal_testing, would love it if someone could verify if it works.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:48 am

Allow_Rolling: Fixed! :D
Void PreDraw() in Playercontrol.as: still present :roll:

(also, noticed Lugaru's now on the Main Menu, Seems like its getting somewhere close to completion)
Last edited by halzoid on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:33 am

That's up next then =)

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:36 am

Looking forwards to fancy motion blur.
I've been noticing a bug with group objects and overbrights: I'm going to see if I can repro it.

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:40 pm

So i've been trying to debug the PreDraw bug, but haven't figured how it works. To get some more information i'd like to recruit the help of someone who experiences the crash bug.

What i need you to do is the following:

make sure you are running internal_testing on steam (Note that the build won't be on steam until 40 mins after this is posted)

start the game once, then shut it down.
in your config.txt file find the line

dump_include_scripts: false

and change it to

dump_include_scripts: true

Then start the game, and load a level and have it fail with the PreDraw missing error.

After doing that, go into your write directory, under the folder Data there should now be a ScriptDebug folder.

Archive the ScriptDebug folder and upload here.

This will only be helpful to me if your game has the "PreDraw missing" error. If it doesn't it's likely this output will be identical to the one i get on my machine.

Thanks in advance! You're the best community.

/Max

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:43 pm

I'll get on this as soon as I get home.

EDIT:

I updated to a224 on Steam, then to internal_testing; the main menu reads a226.dev, so I'm sure I'm fine.
Would've been nice to know Wolfire had a time machine.

I can't find dump_include_scripts anywhere in the config. I tried adding it to the config in a new line, and that didn't work either.

Something noteworthy to mention about the PreDraw error; it doesn't actually stop the game.
It just throws up the error with "Try Again", "Cancel" and "Continue" buttons; pressing Continue just advances the game to the next frame, but throws up the same error again. Try Again does nothing but pop up the same error again. Cancel just closes the game.

After I pressed Cancel, the game closed and I found a ScriptDebug folder in the game's cache.
ScriptDebug.zip
(302.81 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
So if anyone doesn't find a dump_include_scripts: false in their config, just add it as a new line.

Letters bolded for other people who want to help fix this bug.

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:49 am

Hey timbles!

So, based on your dump, it seems like you have OGMP installed in some fashion, if this is via the mod directory or dump on top of your game i don't know. I'd need your logfile.txt to be sure.

Try and look up where ogmp_aschar.as is placed, and additionally try and clear aschar.as from that same directory.

I've been having some ideas for making modding safer and clearer, so we can debug these kinds of issues faster. I'm going to open a dialogue internally to spend some time on these systems.

/Max

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:15 am

I have an old version of it on the mod menu, but it isn't enabled. I'll clear everything OGMP off my computer and see if things work.

Smegolas

Post by Smegolas » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:11 pm

I've been trying to download some mods and maps through the SUMLauncher but whenever I try and play a new map in game, I get an error message that reads

Function: void PreDraw() not found in file: "Data/Scripts/playercontrol.as".

Does anyone know what the cause of this is or how I can resolve this? If it's important, it's a steam download version but I've pointed the SUMLauncher at the .exe file.

halzoid

Post by halzoid » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:58 am

Autious wrote:Try and look up where ogmp_aschar.as is placed, and additionally try and clear aschar.as from that same directory.
I deleted all OGMP script files, game is now working fine! no more errors

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:12 pm

halzoid wrote:I deleted all OGMP script files, game is now working fine! no more errors
Huh, I did this too and it's working perfect...
OGMP was disabled, too.
Odd.

EDIT: Holy crap, that's a big drop in FPS.
With motion blur disabled, I got 30 FPS in a level that got me 90 FPS on a223.

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:48 pm

That's interesting Timbles, indicates a bug with the mod loading, i'll have to look into that.