Possible mods for animation?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
waverun

Possible mods for animation?

Post by waverun » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:12 am

Hey, love Overgrowth, but I just want to ask if there are any mods that allow for custom animations to be created.

If not, how am I able to create custom animations for attacks, and assign them to keys?

merlyn

Re: Possible mods for animation?

Post by merlyn » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:41 am

The engine lets you make custom animations. You need to use Blender to make them.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24827
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11227

Animations alone won't let you make truly novel attacks, without doing some additional script programming, I believe. But you can fairly easily replace the existing attack animation itself via the character XML file.

waverun

Post by waverun » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:58 am

merlyn wrote:The engine lets yomake custom animations. You need to use Blender to make them.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11227

Animations alone won't let you make truly novel attacks, without doing some additional script programming, I believe. But you can fairly easily replace the existing attack animation itself via the character XML file.
Thank you. How do I put the default model files into blender for animation?

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:26 am

all animation files are in the game data in a folder called blendfiles as a .blend filetype, rabbitrig is the main rig and contains every animation. Once you have made an animation, you will have to export it as a .anm, you can use the blender set up with plugins that Markuss set up on his character reference guide by clicking the blender download link at the top

This version of blender has the plugins set up and will let you export whatever animations you've made into .anm files as well as .phxbn for skeletons.