Bad Frame Rate on Windows

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
DECLAN FARRELL

Bad Frame Rate on Windows

Post by DECLAN FARRELL » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:57 am

GTX 970
fx - 8320 Overclocked @ 4Ghz
8GB

Hi I still find it hard to run Overgrowth smoothly after the beta, even on low graphics I get poor frame rate which is unusual because I could play it fine before a few updates ago. I'll do a fresh install of the game but in the mean time any help or suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

Silverfish

Re: Bad Frame Rate on Windows

Post by Silverfish » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:04 am

Here are a few things you should do to make sure you're getting the highest frame rate in the game:

Update your GPU driver software. Turn off all programs running in the background (absolutely everything), and disable antivirus. Turn down and turn off all the graphical options (set it to 1/8 textures, no anti-aliasing, turn on simple shadows, turn off tet mesh lighting and ambient light volumes, turn off GPU skinning, turn off detail objects, turn off vsync).

Let us know if you still have poor performance after trying all the above.

Xeleptius

Post by Xeleptius » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:53 pm

Silverfish wrote:Here are a few things you should do to make sure you're getting the highest frame rate in the game:

Update your GPU driver software. Turn off all programs running in the background (absolutely everything), and disable antivirus. Turn down and turn off all the graphical options (set it to 1/8 textures, no anti-aliasing, turn on simple shadows, turn off tet mesh lighting and ambient light volumes, turn off GPU skinning, turn off detail objects, turn off vsync).

Let us know if you still have poor performance after trying all the above.
Thank you for this, is there anything else you would reccomend? :D

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:36 pm

Xeleptius wrote:Thank you for this, is there anything else you would reccomend? :D
I wrote a fairly detailed guide on this topic, if you want to check it out: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =940734324

WynterFoxx

Post by WynterFoxx » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Does this game just run badly for us using GTX 970s and FX-83**? :P

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:19 pm

WynterFoxx wrote:Does this game just run badly for us using GTX 970s and FX-83**? :P
This is possible, but we haven't heard extensive reports of this. 970s are the most popular video card right now, pretty much across the board, so we probably would have heard widespread reports by now if it were a common problem specifically on this card.

The game underwent another optimization pass after Beta 3, and those are present in advanced_testing and internal_testing. Beta 4 is going to be out very soon, and some of this optimization should be present.