Unofficial Overgrowth B3 build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
merlyn

Unofficial Overgrowth B3 build

Post by merlyn » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:24 pm

The latest Overgrowth beta 3 early access build is here! You can get it DRM-free from your Humble Bundle account, or you can update the game through your Steam account.

(watch in hd)

Changelog:
The points listed here are just a summary of all the changes. You can find the full change log here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qxZ ... sp=sharing

Modding

- Added Steam Workshop support (initially invite only - See: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=40763)
- Added new campaign/level/item pack mods types so modders no longer have to hack menus to make it easy for players to use them

Gameplay

- Added back the Arena, Versus, and Project 60 prototypes as mods. You can enable them in the mods menu
- Made water slow down characters and drown the player if head is under water too long
- Updated walk and run animations, and gave distinct voices for non-rabbit species
- Added ability to skip dialog by hitting enter
- Made it easier to set enemies on fire
- Made enemies in groups less likely to catch knives
- Made spear always stick into target when thrown
- Made dogs now throw weapons
- Added options for changing game speed and enemy difficulty (experimental)

Editor

- Added an experimental collision painting option (old collision preserved if you don’t use it)
- Added "frame selected" feature to editor ("F" key), to focus on selected objects
- Added “teleport to selected” feature to editor (Shift + “F” key)
- Added editor/player camera FOV controls when in editor mode (+, -, and 0 keys)
- Improved freeze button so that you can move the camera while game is frozen and moved freeze button to its own key (`)
- Improved object selection when using object groups

Graphics

- Visual overhaul for main menu, pause menu, settings menu, and mods menu
- Added splash effects and screen space reflections support to water
- Added heat distortion and lighting shader effects to magma arena, and fixed obvious tiling of lava
- Added back terrain edge fade effect

Performance

- Improved performance when full shadows are enabled (when “simple shadows” is not enabled)
- Improvements to level loading performance

Bugfixes

- Fixed “Error 0:71: ';' : syntax error” crash on some "Intel HD Graphics" GPUs
- Fixed vignette effect when simple shadows are enabled
- Fixed problem where enemies sometimes fell out of arena levels causing the level to be unbeatable
- Fixed some causes of sound/music not working after a while
- And many more...

If you find any bugs, please email a full description, full steps to reproduce, and your system specs to [email protected].

To download the beta, use Steam or log into your Humble Bundle account.

Just want the changes from the last beta to b3? http://cdn.wolfire.com/alpha/diffs/overgrowth-b3-8.zip

ScarXL

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth B3 build

Post by ScarXL » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:33 pm

Am I not able to download this DRM-Free from a direct link? Humble Bundle removed Overgrowth from my library. I still don't know why.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:08 pm

ScarXL wrote:Humble Bundle removed Overgrowth from my library. I still don't know why.
Please contact Humble Support at https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us to resolve this issue with your Humble Bundle account.

Lime_x

Post by Lime_x » Sun May 07, 2017 11:11 am

I'm wondering, since the two previous beta threads have been stickied, should not this thread be stickied aswell?

Edit: By stickied, I mean a thread that stays on the top of the page, even if newer threads are created.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Mon May 08, 2017 6:18 pm

Lime_x wrote:I'm wondering, since the two previous beta threads have been stickied, should not this thread be stickied aswell?

Edit: By stickied, I mean a thread that stays on the top of the page, even if newer threads are created.
Yeah I forgot to do that. Thanks!

Thim

Post by Thim » Sat May 27, 2017 9:23 pm

Hey, first time commenting after a long while.

So, I've actually pre-ordered Overgrowth a looooong time ago, back when we would be issued a preorder Key. Therefore, I don't have it on Steam or on Humble Bundle. Is there any way I could activate it on steam with my old preorder key?

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Tue May 30, 2017 2:06 pm

Thim wrote:Hey, first time commenting after a long while.

So, I've actually pre-ordered Overgrowth a looooong time ago, back when we would be issued a preorder Key. Therefore, I don't have it on Steam or on Humble Bundle. Is there any way I could activate it on steam with my old preorder key?
If you email [email protected] with your relevant details, you should be able to get this resolved for you.

i33t

Post by i33t » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:34 am

If you email [email protected] with your relevant details, you should be able to get this resolved for you.
Hello there,I have similar issue.lost my text file with all the details and got it now after so many years.ordered it through humble-bundle but I too dont have it on humble-bundle/steam.I redeemed secret alpha key and bind my forum username with that key page to access-in here.what details I need to provide to get steam key.please guide me thank you.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:52 pm

i33t wrote:

Hello there,I have similar issue.lost my text file with all the details and got it now after so many years.ordered it through humble-bundle but I too dont have it on humble-bundle/steam.I redeemed secret alpha key and bind my forum username with that key page to access-in here.what details I need to provide to get steam key.please guide me thank you.
Please email the address I mentioned above.

i33t

Post by i33t » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:36 am

Been so many days and nobody is bothered to reply it seems.I got no email reply from your side being a customer of preorder game,how I can get steam key for this game.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:34 pm

i33t wrote:Been so many days and nobody is bothered to reply it seems.I got no email reply from your side being a customer of preorder game,how I can get steam key for this game.
I have poked them. They should respond some time soon.

Shawgydog

Post by Shawgydog » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:32 pm

I don't know how many people know this but Overgrowth has 4 player split-screen... WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?! I've waited so long for it but I never read or saw anything about it until about two days ago.