A recommendation on system requirements

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
RandomName

A recommendation on system requirements

Post by RandomName » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:26 pm

I've been playing OG for the past year, and it's been a great experience. However, I've been playing this amazing game on the absolute lowest settings in a 640x480 window on a 2011 Mac.

I finally decided it was enough and decided to build my own gaming build, whilst I'm deciding on parts I wondered what sort of parts I need to play at high settings at 1080p 60fps so I decided to ask on here, my current system requirements are as followed:
NOTE: I am still fairly new to the computer building scene, so correct me if these parts aren't the best.

CPU: Ryzen 1600X (OC to 4.1GHZ)
Mobo: MSI B350M
Memory: 8G
Storage: 1TB
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB (Will be upgraded to a GTX 1080 or Ti when prices drop)

Thanks a bunch, ~ RN.

merlyn

Re: A recommendation on system requirements

Post by merlyn » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:04 pm

This site has some good starting recommendations for hardware, at different budgets: logicalincrements.com

We're working on performance right now, so it's a moving target. We also don't have a hardware testing lab (since that's a ton of money and time), so we can't make any specific promises. Roughly speaking, we should be able to run decently with medium settings on computers that meet the minimum spec for modern games (like Battlefield One). We might not quite have hit that target yet, but we're working on it.

The spec you mentioned sounds like it should run things very well.

Be careful with overclocking, and make sure you test your overclock very aggressively. Our game is particularly sensitive to data errors that might be produced by hardware stability issues.

RandomName

Re: A recommendation on system requirements

Post by RandomName » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:52 am

Okay, thank you for the answer.
~ RN