[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

Post by Anton » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:49 pm

Waines wrote:Hey it says that the SUMLauncher application is damaged and can't run.

It worked on my windows, but I am doing it on my iMac because it has a far better graphics card. Am trying to get Xbox 360 controller to work; it gets identified through my settings but it doesn't actually work in Overgrowth. Love the game btw!!!

Thanks
There are directions in the first post about the "damaged" file. Just look for Troubleshooting, and then the Mac section.

Good luck getting your controller working! Hope this helps!
(Not sure how useful this will be, but this was what I did to get the controller working on my computer... although it's very possible things have been updated since I made this post: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12631 )

Waines

Post by Waines » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Anton wrote:
Waines wrote:Hey it says that the SUMLauncher application is damaged and can't run.

It worked on my windows, but I am doing it on my iMac because it has a far better graphics card. Am trying to get Xbox 360 controller to work; it gets identified through my settings but it doesn't actually work in Overgrowth. Love the game btw!!!

Thanks
There are directions in the first post about the "damaged" file. Just look for Troubleshooting, and then the Mac section.

(Not sure how useful this will be, but this was what I did to get the controller working on my computer... although it's very possible things have been updated since I made this post: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12631 )

Hey thanks for the quick reply! I was actually able to get SUMLauncher to work but the issue is still the XBOBX CONTROLLER, it shows up in the system preferences but it doesnt actually work in game

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Waines wrote:
Anton wrote:

Thanks

Hey thanks for the quick reply! I was actually able to get SUMLauncher to work but the issue is still the XBOBX CONTROLLER, it shows up in the system preferences but it doesnt actually work in game
You might need to report a bug about that then. I haven't used an xbox controller in a while...

Logging into the wolfire discord might get some faster answers: http://blog.wolfire.com/2016/09/Wolfire-Discord-server

Waines

Post by Waines » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:33 pm

(Not sure how useful this will be, but this was what I did to get the controller working on my computer... although it's very possible things have been updated since I made this post: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12631 )[/quote]

Hey thanks for the quick reply! I was actually able to get SUMLauncher to work but the issue is still the XBOBX CONTROLLER, it shows up in the system preferences but it doesnt actually work in game[/quote]

You might need to report a bug about that then. I haven't used an xbox controller in a while...

Logging into the wolfire discord might get some faster answers: http://blog.wolfire.com/2016/09/Wolfire-Discord-server[/quote]

Okay will do. Yea it didn't work at all with an actual wireless Xbox 360 controller with the wired adapter, but a thrid party Rock Candy one was identified but just cant work lol. Thanks again!

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:24 am

Thanks
Read the troubleshooting section of the first post.

Can't help you with the controller issue. Maybe a driver issue?

zchapspace

Post by zchapspace » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:05 am

Help me please. i've downloaded the windows sumlauncher.exe and dragged it to the desktop with my overgrowth launcher, but when i try to open sumlauncher it says i must have a copy of overgrowth installed and gives me the option to select executable or download overgrowth, but i already have it. please help

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:26 am

So select the executable.
If Overgrowth.Exe is on your desktop like you say it is, press select executable, it will bring up a file explorer, then navigate to Desktop and select the Overgrowth .exe

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:07 pm

zchapspace wrote:Help me please. i've downloaded the windows sumlauncher.exe and dragged it to the desktop with my overgrowth launcher, but when i try to open sumlauncher it says i must have a copy of overgrowth installed and gives me the option to select executable or download overgrowth, but i already have it. please help
If you installed Overgrowth using Steam, then you want to navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Overgrowth\ and pick Overgrowth.exe inside there.

If you downloaded a DRM-free version of the game from Humble Bundle, then point it to wherever you unzipped the game.

datboi982

Post by datboi982 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:05 pm

um I apparently cant get in the launcher because it says something about a authentication launcher.
even though I have my preorder key

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:23 pm

datboi982 wrote:um I apparently cant get in the launcher because it says something about a authentication launcher.
even though I have my preorder key
Most errors are very common errors, and are covered by the troubleshooting section on the first page of this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14201

Please look carefully through that post. If you follow the instructions on that thread and you still cannot resolve the problem, please give us more details. Be very specific about exactly what the error message says, and exactly what steps you're taking, start to finish, in order to get the error to pop up.

coffeekid

Post by coffeekid » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:16 pm

After I open the SUM Launcher it asks me for the and I'll put it in, both with and without spaces, I tried both the CD Key and SPF key, It will always give me the message saying there's an error and giving the code 403. PLEASE HELP!!!

kukku99

Post by kukku99 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:49 am

coffeekid wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:16 pm
After I open the SUM Launcher it asks me for the and I'll put it in, both with and without spaces, I tried both the CD Key and SPF key, It will always give me the message saying there's an error and giving the code 403. PLEASE HELP!!!
Me too.
I also have my SPF code.

TheKingofMemes

Post by TheKingofMemes » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:04 pm

Hello guys. I got a bit of a problem here.

So when I open SUMLauncher 3.0.8... it asks me for my SPF key, which I then put into the input dialog message. But after that... it gives me the error stated in the post's title. I already tried putting both the SPF key and the CD key to see if I was doing it wrong but neither seems to work. I dont know what else I can do.

My SPF key looks a little like this:

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Obviously numbers and letters instead of X's. What can I do?

bobbygiant

Post by bobbygiant » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:21 am

So when I open SUMLauncher 3.0.8... it asks me for my SPF key, which I then put into the input dialog message. But after that... it gives me the error stated in the post's title. I already tried putting both the SPF key and the CD key to see if I was doing it wrong but neither seems to work. I dont know what else I can do.
Same here

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:50 pm

I think I've fixed the "403" problem with new SUMLauncher installs now. Let me know if you're still seeing that 403 issue