A suggestion

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
TimeToRule

A suggestion

Post by TimeToRule » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:46 am

I don't think anyone here will like it , but i think it will be interesting if..for example there are random snakes/scorpios in the desert or something, and if you meet them they can do something to you (bite you/sting you[scorps]) and suck off a bit of your health if they can reach you.
Idk why i was looking in the new blog post and as i watched the terrain, i though it looks very good and if there was a snake or something...to "spice" it ? :mrgreen:

tekn04

Re: A suggestion

Post by tekn04 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:28 pm

I believe the term is "spice it up".

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:40 pm

I think that if there were snakes, scorpions, lizards and stuff that when you come across them they quickly skitter away (flee). It would be interesting walking along a forest path and see the wildlife duck into bushes and stuff as you walk past. (I don't believe there's any mammal wildlife so there wouldn't be bunnies fleeing from your bunny... or, squirrels fleeing from your squirrel HINT HINT HINT.)

As for the snakebites and venom and all that jazz... I don't know... On one hand it adds a gameplay element: don't fuck with the dangerous wildlife. on the other hand it takes away from the focus on the game: kick the ass of the bad guys =P

Skofo

Post by Skofo » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:14 pm

There should be anthropomorphic snakes and scorpions instead.

Make humans scorpion-sized.

TimeToRule

Post by TimeToRule » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:14 am

...lol

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:29 am

Ozymandias wrote:I think that if there were snakes, scorpions, lizards and stuff that when you come across them they quickly skitter away (flee). It would be interesting walking along a forest path and see the wildlife duck into bushes and stuff as you walk past. (I don't believe there's any mammal wildlife so there wouldn't be bunnies fleeing from your bunny... or, squirrels fleeing from your squirrel HINT HINT HINT.)

As for the snakebites and venom and all that jazz... I don't know... On one hand it adds a gameplay element: don't fuck with the dangerous wildlife. on the other hand it takes away from the focus on the game: kick the ass of the bad guys =P
I likes that :D
Go squirrels >: O

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:27 pm

Skofo wrote:There should be anthropomorphic snakes and scorpions instead.

Sounds like World of Warcraft.

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:40 pm

Skofo wrote:There should be anthropomorphic snakes and scorpions instead.

I dont like that, lets keep them little, small things running away would make the enviroment more lively.

Lotus Wolf

Post by Lotus Wolf » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:01 pm

i agree, but i also think it would be funny if the anthropoid snakes and scorpions were still the size they started as, so like, you'd see little tiny creatures running away when you walk by, and maybe you could run up and step on them to piss them off, then have them chase you a bit then run away again.

(that would entertain me for hours...) :P

Ltp0wer

Post by Ltp0wer » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:13 am

I like the descriptive thread title that distinguishes this thread from all the other "Suggestion" threads.

Anyway, isn't it a bit too soon to be thinking about this?

I think I am going to make a thread suggesting that they add the ability for enemies to do flips.

TimeToRule

Post by TimeToRule » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:47 am

and what should the thread name be like then? "Add some creatures running around"?That sounds proposterously...

Ltp0wer

Post by Ltp0wer » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:47 pm

TimeToRule wrote:and what should the thread name be like then? "Add some creatures running around"?That sounds proposterously...
Thread title should be something like, "New Idea: Small Creatures on Landscape"

or something. Anything is better than "A Suggestion"

Zaphon

Post by Zaphon » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:51 pm

Ltp0wer wrote:Thread title should be something like, "New Idea: Small Creatures on Landscape"
or something. Anything is better than "A Suggestion"
Yeah, it'll get confusing after a while if there's a couple dozen different threads with names like
"Idea: new?", "hey you guys i tolly toght of sumtinz", "How about this then", "OMG incredible new thing from my heads", "suggestible suggestion??", "listen to this eh wot"

Uhm, anyway, on-topic: Wouldn't it be sort of strange to have small animals in a world of anthromorphic animals? Or, well, I guess it's like how Mickey has a dog, but his best friend Goofy is also a dog. It is an alternate universe after all. But a realistic world should probably adhere to a certain ruleset. So, uhm. I guess my conclusion is, err, contradiction. As always.

Ltp0wer

Post by Ltp0wer » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:04 pm

Zaphon wrote:Wouldn't it be sort of strange to have small animals in a world of anthromorphic animals? Or, well, I guess it's like how Mickey has a dog, but his best friend Goofy is also a dog. It is an alternate universe after all. But a realistic world should probably adhere to a certain ruleset. So, uhm. I guess my conclusion is, err, contradiction. As always.
Well, Lugaru had the eagles that weren't anthropomorphic. I suppose it could be something along the lines where only mammals were mutated, and not birds, fish, and reptiles.

Also, Overgrowth could have bugs and butterflies and shit.

Offtopic: How badass would it be to have an anthropomorphic turtle in overgrowth? Fucking teenage mutant ninja turtle shit right there.

Hal1989

Post by Hal1989 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:07 pm

Ltp0wer wrote:Offtopic: How badass would it be to have an anthropomorphic turtle in overgrowth? Fucking teenage mutant ninja turtle shit right there.
That would be awesome! XD