Alpha 9 Links

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Zaphon

Re: Alpha 9 Links

Post by Zaphon » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:17 am

The editor is easy 'n fun to use. I made a little rock fort thing. Can't wait to make elaborate levels later!
The lens flare is fairly sexy indeed!

Mango

Post by Mango » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:17 pm

ajs

Post by ajs » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:11 pm

That's sort of relative but honestly, we don't fully depend on the entire Google Chrome codebase-- hence why the GUI is running on Mac before the actual public release of the browser. If anything, the future release of the browser will only serve to improve the stability and compatibility (maybe a PPC port of V8 is coming?) of the underlying Chromium base that we use.

MightyWarriorEX

Post by MightyWarriorEX » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:34 pm

I really wish I could get this working on my PC ... still having trouble. Installing C++ did fix my laptop but it didn't do the trick for my desktop.

I had a previous alpha installed and running. Downloaded the new Alpha and couldn't get it to work. SO I uninstalled Overgrowth in the add/remove programs and installed the new Alpha. I get this error:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

uninstalled and reinstalled with no different results.

EDIT*** For some reason the link Hal1989 gave me WAY BACK in Alpha 5's forum topic worked:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

This this websites program did not work:

http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/#library

hmm I wonder wtf I just put on my computer ...

Should we maybe have an entire Forum Topic dedicated to helping solve these individual problems? Can anyone explain to me how the first alpha worked and why I needed to install C++ to make the next Alpha's work?
Last edited by MightyWarriorEX on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VerdantPlanes

Post by VerdantPlanes » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Zaphon wrote:The editor is easy 'n fun to use. I made a little rock fort thing. Can't wait to make elaborate levels later!
How do you load objects into the editor? My load tool just takes me to the finder window.

MightyWarriorEX

Post by MightyWarriorEX » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:43 pm

Well this sucks ... Finally got the Alpha authenticated and it seemed to be loading fine but took awhile. Thought it might just be due to all the new stuff (I haven't gotten to see yet :roll: )

I got this error

"Vertex info
----------
(13) : error C5041: cannot locate suitable resource to bind parameter "tangent-to-world""

after clicking "OK" and expecting it to just go away I got another but red X

"On line 116 of textures.cpp:invalid operation"

and another (clicked ok before I could type it) , and another "on line 1569 of model.cpp invalid operation"

After trying to close the windows:
Lugaru2.exe - Application Error
"The instruction at "0x005e0e39" referenced memory at "0x01c80908". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program."

The last one wont go away ... just keeps popping up ...

In the phoenix Engine window all I can see is the outline of the terrain in a pretty blue, a rock, the cursor, and the controls on the left side of the screen ...

Tried again with same results only after closing windows received this error message:

"Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Lugaru2.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call"

ahruman

Post by ahruman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Jeff wrote:I am pretty sure that the 10.4 compatibility issues are due to Google Chrome.
Nope, the problem is very definitely that you’re building against the 10.5 SDK instead of the 10.4u SDK. I’m pretty sure I told you how to fix that in IRC last week. ;-) Could be you only made the changes in one configuration, though, that’s a rather common problem with Xcode.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:30 pm

I did choose 10.4 in the popup menu, although I definitely admit a lot of things may have gone wrong. Please let hit me up on AIM or something and I would appreciate a schooling in xcode compilation. We need to get this sorted out before the blessed build.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:32 pm

MightyWarriorEX wrote:Should we maybe have an entire Forum Topic dedicated to helping solve these individual problems? Can anyone explain to me how the first alpha worked and why I needed to install C++ to make the next Alpha's work?
To be fair, there are like four threads with this problem. It's hard to read all the threads though.

Zaphon

Post by Zaphon » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:42 pm

VerdantPlanes wrote: How do you load objects into the editor? My load tool just takes me to the finder window.
Browse to the Object folder located in Wolfire/Overgrowth/Data and open a object file to add it.

MightyWarriorEX

Post by MightyWarriorEX » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:21 pm

Jeff wrote:
MightyWarriorEX wrote:Should we maybe have an entire Forum Topic dedicated to helping solve these individual problems? Can anyone explain to me how the first alpha worked and why I needed to install C++ to make the next Alpha's work?
To be fair, there are like four threads with this problem. It's hard to read all the threads though.

Do those other threads also include information about my second post? I really don't surf the threads and it's a little difficult to find specific answers through the searches. I guess I'll just wait until the Blessed Build comes out :cry:

Mykei

Post by Mykei » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:52 am

I'm not sure what section this belongs in but, what program am i meant to make textures for my custom models? Because in-game they are really really really bright.