Epic Custom Models

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Gahoo

Epic Custom Models

Post by Gahoo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:56 pm

Hey everyone. I used to be on the forums back when Lugaru was still in development under the name of Santa124 (Captain of the Shortbus :D ). Man it has been TOO long. I remember when hdlsa andzip. used to constantly reprimand me :D. Good times.

Anyways, I just preordered Overgrowth and have been messing around with the level editor. I decided to put some of my own models in :D. This is the ATAT from the StarWars series which I'm sure everyone knew :D. Try (it's hard, I know) to ignore the ugly texture... I stole one from "DesertRock1" XD.
Enjoy,

It's good to be back.

Groveller

Re: Epic Custom Models

Post by Groveller » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:43 pm

That was always my one gripe with Lugaru: not nearly enough giant robot dogs. :)

CrazyWolfie

Post by CrazyWolfie » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:12 pm

AW HELL NAW! JK, it's awesome. Now, only if you could drive it or hang out in it...

Gahoo

Post by Gahoo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Hahaha now THAT would be sick. For some reason rabbot can walk straight through it so that would be difficult...

Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:31 pm

Gahoo wrote:Hahaha now THAT would be sick. For some reason rabbot can walk straight through it so that would be difficult...
Maybe this ties in with the fact that you can only select it at a certain spot. Can he walk through that certain spot?

Gahoo

Post by Gahoo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:30 pm

Hmm, haven't checked that. I ended up changing the texture to a custom one so I can select it anywhere now. Also, I think the problem of passing through the object may have been because it was selected in "non-rabbot" mode, if you will. :oops: :D

Ninjas

Post by Ninjas » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:00 pm

It is cool to see people putting their custom models in the engine. We tried to make it as simple as possible-- we may add a gui later for building xml object directly in the engine

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:42 am

Ninjas wrote:It is cool to see people putting their custom models in the engine. We tried to make it as simple as possible-- we may add a gui later for building xml object directly in the engine
As Jeff would say: "That would be hot!"

Another thing I'd love to see is control+i for opening a window that shows all the different .xml tags and lets you edit them manually.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:40 pm

Gahoo wrote:Hey everyone. I used to be on the forums back when Lugaru was still in development under the name of Santa124 (Captain of the Shortbus :D ).
Wow, long time no see! I was looking through the old Lugaru Dev forums and was wondering where you (and lots of other people) had gone :D

If you look at the SPF group, there are actually a few people from the beta days: EvolPenguin, Lokijiki (remember when he was Loki J Lo? :o), and Nayr are here, though some more quiet than others :P

Gahoo

Post by Gahoo » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:17 am

Hahaha yeah, I was looking through my old posts and was ashamed, I broke every rule of internet spelling that I hold sacred today :oops: :D .