Aerial Attacks in Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Zhukov

Post by Zhukov » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:23 am

Lord_of_Sausage wrote:Maybe, Air to Air could be a Leg Cannon like attack, instead of a grab attack?
Yeah. You already said.

Anyway, it's not what I would chose.

a) It's already been done.
b) It would need to be something that can be initiated in mid air. A leg cannon does not qualify.

Lord_of_Sausage

Re: Aerial Attacks in Overgrowth?

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:10 am

i already said that? huh

Well, initiating in mid-air was what i thought too, but maybe the visual could be like Leg cannon.

MightyWarriorEX

Post by MightyWarriorEX » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:54 am

Ozymandias wrote:If there is no aerial attack then you should at least not die when crashing into enemies... at least only take come damage or get into some sort of grapple and land on the ground...

I just pictured two floating blocks up on the sky, two rabbits jump at each otherand grab each other mid-air, trying to claw at each other as they plummet towards the ground at high speed.

The winner of this fight would be neither, but the rocks below =)
I agree with this. i had been thinking about the same type of idea. If two massively amazing fighters were jumping great heights in the air ... they wouldn't just bump into each other ... id assume that when they collide they'd grapple each other (could be a cool game mechanic) ... or if they were wielding some type of weapon they might move their bodies into a position to swing their weapons at each other or w/e ... Something like this would make for much more interesting aerial battles ... I'd assume it's almost a given considering how much jumping around is typically done in Lugaru with the majority of the players being rabbits ...

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:09 pm

Rabbits are good at aerial attacks as you can see from this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HiO9rzU_aw

Lord_of_Sausage

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:27 am

Its on speed :O

Seriously, thats the most hyper bunny i i've seen in my life!
My bunny is like... Garfield in Bunny form...

Sumguy720

Post by Sumguy720 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

I like the idea of aerial attacks, but I think the rabbits have always jumped a little too far for my liking. Like, in Lugaru the leg cannon was always like a... sniper tactic for me, because I could jump from a vantage point almost clear across the map :?

It would be cool if turner had aerial attacks, but really I would like it better if they were more jumpy and less... flighty, because it seemed like most of Lugaru was meant to be reasonable (not realistic, that is, but realistic given the context of the game), and I felt as though turner could jump WAAY further than a scaled up rabbit jump.

If jumping was tightened up a little, I would really like to see jump kicks or mid-air grabs.

Richie Rabbit

Post by Richie Rabbit » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:52 pm

marmorek

Post by marmorek » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:55 pm

The BEST aerial rabbit attacks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg