Unofficial, alpha 45 weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Uberbeard

Re: Unofficial, alpha 45 weekly build

Post by Uberbeard » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:12 am

Cancel it! That'd be hilarious!

Damned penguin lovers!

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Uberbeard wrote:I got that too, but I don't think this is the right place to post that stuff.
K, sorry.

a_bloke_101
Location: In a blimp high above you, (yes I can see you right now)!

Post by a_bloke_101 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:30 pm

well first off the new model is sooooo much better it looks more real it has more realistic elements to it like t could be a real creature and it has cooler clothes than the other skinner :D :D :D one and on another note dude thats stealing if they don't at least give you your money back then its fucking internet scam and you can sue them seriously thats just not right :evil: :evil: :evil:

jkreef

Post by jkreef » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:41 pm

Sooooo, the whole "Linux support is on the horizon" thing has been up for a while. Do you have any more concrete updates for us penguin lovers?

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:48 am

AJS says Awesomium should work on Linux soon. After that, it will not take long. You can talk to him for more concrete details as everything is good to go, minus Awesomium ;)

Awesomium is open source, in case anyone is familiar with Linux build issues.

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:27 am

Jeff wrote:AJS says Awesomium should work on Linux soon. After that, it will not take long. You can talk to him for more concrete details as everything is good to go, minus Awesomium ;)

Awesomium is open source, in case anyone is familiar with Linux build issues.
Hey jkreef, let's go bug this AJS guy until he comes up with the goods :mrgreen:

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:42 pm

speaking of which he still owes me a box of furkinis.

Wilbefast
Location: In a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence

Post by Wilbefast » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:15 am

Count Roland wrote:speaking of which he still owes me a box of furkinis.
Don't ask?

jkreef

Post by jkreef » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:43 pm

I went to look for a way to bug AJS about Linux support, and I found this
http://princeofcode.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=245 wrote:I'm hosting a github fork of the latest LGPL'ed version here:
http://github.com/pathorn/awesomium/

It's updated to the latest version so it has Linux/64-bit support, video tag, etc.
The download has plenty of header files along with bunches of C++ source files. It seems like it should work, so good news for us penguins.

On a side note: Has anyone tried any recent alphas with wine?

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:29 pm

Hey guys, it looks like someone has leaked our download link to some warez sites and now we are racking up a huge bandwidth bill. I am going to have to take down the direct downloads until I can secure the downloads a little bit -- we just can't afford this.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope you understand!

Nimai

Post by Nimai » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:15 am

Jeff wrote:Hey guys, it looks like someone has leaked our download link to some warez sites and now we are racking up a huge bandwidth bill. I am going to have to take down the direct downloads until I can secure the downloads a little bit -- we just can't afford this.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope you understand!
Sad to hear :(

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:49 am

Wilbefast wrote:It's going to be a bit of a tease... Still, at least I can look at pictures and participate a little. I pre-ordered "Elemental War of Magic" too, but when I changed to Ubuntu I told them I was using Linux and asked if they'd consider supporting it. They cancelled my pre-order :shock:

I didn't get my money back or anything. I'm just a little bit unhappy about that :cry:
Wait, what? Had you actually paid for the product already? I thought they didn't take any of your money until the beta was playable and you decided that you want to try it out. Because if you had paid, and then your order was cancelled, that's a huge oversight on their part! You should contact them and ask them to clear this out.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:07 am

Sorry for the downtime -- the new links are in the following format:

http://www.wolfire.com/spf-alpha/ (your alpha key goes here) /a45-win.zip
http://www.wolfire.com/spf-alpha/ (your alpha key goes here) /a45-mac.zip

I'll make an easier form for a46

WingedWolf93

Post by WingedWolf93 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:37 am

jo-shadow wrote:On a different note, I'm definitely loving that Rim lighting.

It works well with other models too, like say, Turner from Lugaru (originally posted in the showoff thread):

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5559/lug ... apz007.png
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4014 ... apz008.png

He does look a little weird, especially since he doesn't have the original texture (which is not present in these shots, due to the UV mapping being messed up and so not being compatible with the normal mapping required for the new shading in OG. More on that at a later, more relevant time)

He does have ambient occlusion baked onto him though, so that adds to the shading/effect.

He could be a statue or something =]
Kind of too late i guess to say this, but oh well. The UV map is just upside down, for anyone that wants to use lugaru's model - flipping the texture should do the trick.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:01 pm

jkreef wrote:I went to look for a way to bug AJS about Linux support, and I found this
http://princeofcode.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=245 wrote:I'm hosting a github fork of the latest LGPL'ed version here:
http://github.com/pathorn/awesomium/

It's updated to the latest version so it has Linux/64-bit support, video tag, etc.
The download has plenty of header files along with bunches of C++ source files. It seems like it should work, so good news for us penguins.

On a side note: Has anyone tried any recent alphas with wine?
Whoa... this is awesome. I've been talking to the guys who maintain this today, and they have indeed gotten Awesomium to work on Linux. Not only that, but they are working on a "super" version of Awesomium called Berkelium which is even cooler, which should be released in the next couple of days. Very interesting.