[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
DenisTheBest

I CAN'T RUN SUMLauncher 3

Post by DenisTheBest » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:38 pm

i don't know why but when i try to open the launcher doesent do nothing doesen't open at all. what do i do please help :3

TastyWheat

Re: I CAN'T RUN SUMLauncher 3

Post by TastyWheat » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:12 am

DenisTheBest wrote:i don't know why but when i try to open the launcher doesent do nothing doesen't open at all. what do i do please help :3
Same thing is happening for me. Windows 7 user here.

woIfman12

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

Post by woIfman12 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:51 pm

I am having an issue in accessing my Humble Bundle code, it says that my steam code was redeemed by another user when I try using the code to get the secret preorder code to use the SUM Launcher. And the only one who has ever played this game is me, and I was the one who redeemed it, hence my account on these forums. Is there any way for me to be emailed this code? Or can I just not use the SUM Launcher anymore?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:55 pm

woIfman12 wrote:I am having an issue in accessing my Humble Bundle code, it says that my steam code was redeemed by another user when I try using the code to get the secret preorder code to use the SUM Launcher. And the only one who has ever played this game is me, and I was the one who redeemed it, hence my account on these forums. Is there any way for me to be emailed this code? Or can I just not use the SUM Launcher anymore?
When you redeemed it before, it should have added the game to your Humble Bundle account, so you shouldn't need to redeem it again. You might be able to have HumbleBundle send you the code again with their re-sender, but probably you will just need to log into your HumbleBundle page, and go to the Overgrowth order page, and it should be there. (Click on Purchases, then search for "Overgrowth Alpha")

Otherwise, you will need to email [email protected] or [email protected] for additional help.

Che

Post by Che » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:03 am

Hey, I have a MacBook Pro 2015 and the SUMLauncher seems to be damaged.
When I try to open it the following window pops up:

Anyone with the same problem?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:23 am

Che wrote:Hey, I have a MacBook Pro 2015 and the SUMLauncher seems to be damaged.

Here's an idea:

Actually read the first post.

Che

Post by Che » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:11 pm

EPR89 wrote:
Che wrote:Hey, I have a MacBook Pro 2015 and the SUMLauncher seems to be damaged.

Here's an idea:

Actually read the first post.

oh! didn't see that, thanks! :)

Snum

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.6

Post by Snum » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:43 pm

aws14 wrote:when i download a mod it says error loading content length help
I'm having the same issue (exact same error), though mine is on launch of SUM. Tried reinstalling, tried verifying game files, neither worked. Help please?

bentleydubs

Post by bentleydubs » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:43 am

Thank god this exists.

mercenary_hd

Post by mercenary_hd » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:35 am

I received overgrowth in 2013 and activated sum launcher then, but with the new integration to humble bundle store I am having the hardest time receiving my spf key. I followed directions for "before integration" and found the original email, but the only emails I have are the activation link for wolfire forums and the gift email steam sent me when the game was given to me.

The next paragraph still got me no where. I copied this link http://www.wolfire.com/spf into the url to have the email resent to me but the only thing on the page is the key re sender (which also doesn't work sense I bought the game so early humble bundle has no record of my purchase.) and the alpha key input. I thought if i put my cd key into the aplha key input it would work, sadly humble bundle just told me they couldn't find my key.

So I'm stuck :,( I just wanna play custom maps.

Please help

Sincerely,

Chad

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:16 pm

mercenary_hd wrote:I copied this link http://www.wolfire.com/spf into the url to have the email resent to me but the only thing on the page is the key re sender (which also doesn't work sense I bought the game so early humble bundle has no record of my purchase.) and the alpha key input.
What tutorial are you following? Whichever one it is, ditch it because it's complete nonsense. Or, try actually reading it because there absolutely is no tutorial that will require you to paste the link to a key resender into a text field. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Just to make this very clear because I'm currently not sure. WHen did you get the game and was it on Steam, through Wolfire.com or from the Humble Store?

Enyon

Post by Enyon » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:59 am

"Error connecting to authentication server. Unable to reach authentication page."
Has someone a idea what that means? :(

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:26 pm

Enyon wrote:"Error connecting to authentication server. Unable to reach authentication page."
Has someone a idea what that means? :(
That usually happens when you use your Steam CD key instead of the Forum SPF key from Humble Bundle.

vallejo18

Post by vallejo18 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:49 pm

Perhaps I am missing something. Has sum-launcher become obsolete or something because It does not update any alphas older than 212. Even though the mods works. Setting any video/graphics settings under SUM, it makes it worst. Example, 4K in windowed or Full screen shows the top half of the main menu, by settings resolution in-game, then restart the game, it fixes that. Example #2, If I change the AA value or any other value to a high value it actually sets it to the lowest one, this method is the same when changing everything to low values (maybe a change is necessary). Idk im just lazy typing. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :?: :?: :?: :?: :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:52 pm

vallejo18 wrote:Perhaps I am missing something. Has sum-launcher become obsolete or something because It does not update any alphas older than 212. Even though the mods works. Setting any video/graphics settings under SUM, it makes it worst. Example, 4K in windowed or Full screen shows the top half of the main menu, by settings resolution in-game, then restart the game, it fixes that. Example #2, If I change the AA value or any other value to a high value it actually sets it to the lowest one, this method is the same when changing everything to low values (maybe a change is necessary). Idk im just lazy typing. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :?: :?: :?: :?: :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
SUMLauncher hasn't been updated in quite a while, and there are a few things that changed that may cause issues. Specifically, OG changed some folder structure that broke the way SUMLauncher updated the game. And all the settings have moved in game now. Some of the ones in SUMLauncher may be obsolete.
The loading of Community Content is the only portion that has been kept up to date in most cases, and a lot of that is being incorporated into the game as well. Aaron (who wrote the code for SUMLauncher) has been busy at work, and gets the impression that most people use Steam to update the game…