Migration to the Humble Store, coming soon

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Glabbit

Re: Migration to the Humble Store, coming soon

Post by Glabbit » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:00 pm

I see. I've never had the shutdown problem myself, but I suppose I can understand it.
The achievement error is a harsh one though. That's baaaad >:c

To move a bit more on-topic though, I wanted to know if our Jeff could give us an estimated ETA on this new change?
And am I correct in assuming that a main feature to entice our new recruits into the SPF will be the mods in the modding section?

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:52 pm

I approve of this news. It is epic.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:09 pm

This should be live now!

Aleph

Post by Aleph » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:35 pm

Jeff wrote:This should be live now!
Yes, Overgrowth and Reciever have appeared on my account in the Humble Store site! Very nice.

Cheshire_Theyain

Post by Cheshire_Theyain » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Question: since this is live, will we be able to see usage tracking? E.G.: How many people own the game, showing the differences in amounts between each alpha; how many people run what OS; how many downloads for the current alpha.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:45 am

Cheshire_Theyain wrote:Question: since this is live, will we be able to see usage tracking? E.G.: How many people own the game, showing the differences in amounts between each alpha; how many people run what OS; how many downloads for the current alpha.
They really only have those kinds of stats on purchases, not on downloads for on Humble Bundle, so probably not. In fact, this now means that you are no longer required to register your account on the SPF to download the game, which means that it will be difficult as well to track who has pre-ordered the game in the forums.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:59 am

So how can I 'claim' my purchase of OG? It hasn't appeared on my page, most likely because I used a different email back then. All the bundles have been claimed successfully, but OG hasn't.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:45 am

Glabbit wrote:So how can I 'claim' my purchase of OG? It hasn't appeared on my page, most likely because I used a different email back then. All the bundles have been claimed successfully, but OG hasn't.
There are directions somewhere on your main humble bundle store page, but essentially, you need to be logged in to humble bundle, then click on the link from your email, when it takes you to your overgrowth page, there will be a "claim this page" button on the top right section of the body of the page.

Cheshire_Theyain

Post by Cheshire_Theyain » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Actually, all of what I suggested would be trivial to implement. Want to show how many people have bought it? Just list the number of active keys. Want to show how many more people own OG this alpha compared to the last one? Subtract last weeks numbers from this weeks and there you go! Want to show how many users for each OS? You could either create a simple opt in system or use the person's browser user agent and/or which file they download.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 am

Anton wrote:
Glabbit wrote:So how can I 'claim' my purchase of OG? It hasn't appeared on my page, most likely because I used a different email back then. All the bundles have been claimed successfully, but OG hasn't.
There are directions somewhere on your main humble bundle store page, but essentially, you need to be logged in to humble bundle, then click on the link from your email, when it takes you to your overgrowth page, there will be a "claim this page" button on the top right section of the body of the page.
Took me a while to find this thread back (sorry for the kind-of-a-necro, by the way), and after that took me a while to find my OG page. Had to resort to using the wolfire.com/spf link, heh.
But yes, that worked, all fixed. Thank you.

I hadn't previously realised I had a personal OG page.

Cheshire_Theyain

Post by Cheshire_Theyain » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Silly Glabbit :P

Toast_burner

Post by Toast_burner » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:38 am

I don't have access to the email I used to preorder it or any of my humble bundles, is there anything I can do about that or am I screwed?

inspuration

Post by inspuration » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:46 am

Sort of off topic. Will updating ever be implemented into OG? It sucks to have to redownload the entire 2gb game ever week.

Cheshire_Theyain

Post by Cheshire_Theyain » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:10 am

Just use SUMLauncher, does the updating for you.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:28 pm

Toast_burner wrote:I don't have access to the email I used to preorder it or any of my humble bundles, is there anything I can do about that or am I screwed?
How exactly do you not have access to it?
You can change the email they're linked to on the bundles' individual pages, though I'm not sure if that can be done for OG as well. It can of course once it's linked to your humblebundle account.

You can use wolfire.com/spf to get your key and OG page, and the humblebundle site has a similar system - of course, the downside is that you do indeed need to reach your email.
If you can't reach the email because it's not your email you should be able to ask the email owner's help. I'm not sure how else you would not have access to your email. If there really isn't any other way out the devs might be able to help you, but I'd first try to recover that mail address if I were you.