Unofficial Overgrowth a202 build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
akazi

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a202 build

Post by akazi » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:16 pm

Made the beginning a gif: Image

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:21 pm

Aaron wrote:
samjb1992 wrote:this alpha crashes on opening using mac os x 10.9
It works fine for me - if you have SUMLauncher, try clearing Overgrowth's cache with it, and see if that helps.
did not work, it only opens successfully every 3rd time i open it

last

Post by last » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:42 am

YellowKind wrote:Question, I've been trying to load a map to test the new features, but something is wrong, when I click on the map and a few second loading it says exactly

Function: int IsWall_Jump_Enabled() not found in file:
"Data/Scripts/level.as"

I'm not really sure what to do...

*EDIT* Tried Reupdating Alpha, that didn't seem to work, I tried looking through 201 Files but didn't find anything that would match the problem..
You had my mod installed before you updated, you can either install it again or you can uninstall it by installing original script files

augiebros

Post by augiebros » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:26 am

i can't access the community content anymore, otherwise keep up the good work

YellowKind

Post by YellowKind » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:43 am

You had my mod installed before you updated, you can either install it again or you can uninstall it by installing original script files
Thanks I'll try that. (Also I do remember you posting it on your post, It's just been awhile :P)

scomor

Post by scomor » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:28 pm

Jeff wrote:Sorry about the broken torrent links -- they will be fixed shortly!
Thank you! Also, are there any plain text instructions anywhere? I keep hearing people talking about a "sum launcher" and I have no idea what they're talking about. If someone could give me a run down I would appreciate it. Also, it might be a good idea to sticky that topic for new users as well.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Very important thing to remember about the dialouge editor;
Do NOT click on 'stop editing' before you save it; you have to have the edit text on your screen while you save it, otherwise it'll save a blank .txt file.

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Timbles wrote:Very important thing to remember about the dialouge editor;
Do NOT click on 'stop editing' before you save it; you have to have the edit text on your screen while you save it, otherwise it'll save a blank .txt file.
Very good to know. Thanks! :D

Faw

Post by Faw » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Just for being thorough, I take it the linux libc.so bug is still there? Anyone care to confirm?

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:00 pm

can anyone tell me what encoding to use on a .txt file? i can not get my files to read right. when i load the file there are a lot of equal signs put between the text and not all text is displayed when i preview it.

jaggerlink

Post by jaggerlink » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:55 pm

scomor wrote:
Jeff wrote:Sorry about the broken torrent links -- they will be fixed shortly!
Thank you! Also, are there any plain text instructions anywhere? I keep hearing people talking about a "sum launcher" and I have no idea what they're talking about. If someone could give me a run down I would appreciate it. Also, it might be a good idea to sticky that topic for new users as well.
The topic is already stickied! It's right here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14201

turbochop

Post by turbochop » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:20 am

Things I've noticed so far:

I can't seem to attach an animation to dialogue.

You can't select with the arrow keys unless you click somewhere outside the ribbon. (Might be a given, but took me a moment to figure out.)

Sometimes when you delete a dialogue marker, it's controls (camera, body pose etc...) don't go with it, and get left behind.

We now have two markers that control actor position. Granted the one for cutscenes is only visible when editing dialogue, but it may appear inside of an actors spawn marker and getting it out of there is kind of a nuisance if you don't want to move your actor, and you don't know about mouse wheel.

Maybe there could be more information telling the player what objects belong to which markers? I was playing with a sample dialogue, but I couldn't find the eye controller, turns out it was way out in the middle of nowhere. Perhaps if there was a line drawn from the actors position to the controls, they would be easier to find in such situations?

User created dialogue templates can't be easily reused. Once a template has been set up on a level, all the dialogue data that is created applies to that level only.

That's all I can report for now. Great job on the base tools, Wolfire! Like you said, it needs some work, But it IS funcional for the most part. All it needs is some polish. I wondered what you could have been cooking up to necessitate such a long wait. It turns out you were just programming a cutscene tool from scratch, that's all ;)

Gluma

Post by Gluma » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:02 pm

I noticed that at some point the dialogue script becomes partly invisible, it happens when there is too much text in it and you then you can't reach the rest part of it. At least I didn't figure out how do I do it.

Sorry for bad explanation, I really don't know how to tell it better.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Hehe, if you are editing some dialogue and ctrl-z some pose or movement the game will get stuck (Like usual when you do ctrl-z) then change all characters as actors in the dialogue for a randomized Turner.

tehMuffinMan100

Post by tehMuffinMan100 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:27 pm

I've lost my alpha key because my account is linked to an old email account that is probably gone.
fun.