Water In Lugaru 2

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!

Should Lugaru 2 have large bodies of water/water dynamics

Yes
84%
No
6%
Dont care
10%

Total votes: 615

last

Re: Water In Lugaru 2

Post by last » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:52 am

It would be logical that whaleman's come from whales that now evolved hand's and legs and now they can live in water or they can come out of it to the shore.
We don't know exactly what are they eating so i can't tell you that how long they can live on the dry land and how long they manage to live without water and food.

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:15 pm

last wrote:It would be logical that whaleman's come from whales that now evolved hand's and legs and now they can live in water or they can come out of it to the shore.
We don't know exactly what are they eating so i can't tell you that how long they can live on the dry land and how long they manage to live without water and food.
they go back to the ocean to eat, and they eat krill. If they stay out of water for too long there skin will start to dry out.

Zuriki

Post by Zuriki » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Truth is, you could say they're amphibious descendants of the whale species. Their extremely slow metabolism allows them to maintain settlements on dry land, only requiring them to return to sea to feed once a year. However, whilst whalemen have the freedom to traverse both land and sea, whalemen are rarely seen inland because of the feeding cycle.

The feeding cycle dictates most of the major patterns in whaleman activity:
- Prefer coastal locations for easy access to feeding grounds
- Whalemen will only ever be seen inland for a brief period after the feast (usually traders)
- Settlements are usually dominated by fish markets, there is also a healthy trade in jewellery (primarily pearls and conch shells).
- Whalemen and cat-people maintain a healthy trade relationship; cat-people are large consumers of fish, and in return they bring items from areas usually inaccessible to the whalemen.

That's my lore base for whalemen, and whaleman society.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:11 pm

He's not amphibian because he doesn't breathe in water.

Most of the rest of what all you peeps are saying is already implied in my earlier concise tale.

The Whaleman doesn't need to interact with the small sentient fry on the land. If he doesn't get what he needs, he justs stomps over it to the next location.
But yes. He keeps to the coasts, mostly.

Karel

Post by Karel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:34 pm

We need more Whaleman science stuff

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:56 am

No. We don't. The Whaleman Is, and that is all we need to know.
And also that, most of the time, The Whaleman Is Angry.

nomax5

Post by nomax5 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:16 pm

IMHO The combat animations and physics are so good they could go live with skickmen and it still would be a good game.
Everytime you introduce things like water and advanced shaders you are reducing the size of your target audience. Less people have the kit to run the game.
For the same reason I wouldn't even spend too much time on grass and trees either

Would you want water if it set the release date back months?

Besides Rabbits don't like water they like dry sandy places and Carrots :-)

just my 2cp worth.