Project Showoff

Rovert

Re: Project Showoff

Post by Rovert » Sun May 01, 2011 11:32 am

ariehl wrote:
Rovert wrote:
ariehl wrote:Awesome, loaded perfectly for me now. My only issue is how small the fighting space is... it's hard to fight "properly"... other wise cool. The broken doorway was definitely my favorite part. :)
Lol thanks. I felt like I got lazy on the door way cause I was just reusing four different "Ruins wall" objects so I threw some bricks around and put some into the actual walls themselves to make them look less like rotated copies. And yeah, the battle space is relatively small. I could potentially just group the whole tower and scale it up a bit... That could do it.

That might be a good idea.

Is it cool if we show off this level in OGWeekly today?
Yeah that'd be awesome.
... What's OGWeekly?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun May 01, 2011 11:41 am

Rovert wrote: Yeah that'd be awesome.
... What's OGWeekly?
OG Weekly is a live show every week showing off the changes and updates for Overgrowth... http://ogweekly.com - we also like to feature what the community has been doing, so we like showing off new maps and mods :)

Rovert

Post by Rovert » Sun May 01, 2011 11:45 am

ariehl wrote:
Rovert wrote: Yeah that'd be awesome.
... What's OGWeekly?
OG Weekly is a live show every week showing off the changes and updates for Overgrowth... http://ogweekly.com - we also like to feature what the community has been doing, so we like showing off new maps and mods :)
Cool. Yeah, I'd love to have my level on it. Shame I won't be around to see the show, though :(
Do you make recordings? Or is it just a "see it when it airs" type of thing?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun May 01, 2011 11:50 am

We post the videos on Justin.tv and on youtube, so you can check them out at your leisure.

last

Post by last » Sun May 01, 2011 3:14 pm

uploaded my blood mod fix. it had a little bug with a weird white particle.

EDIT: ALWAYS LOOK FOR LATEST BLOODMOD.RAR FILE. this here has buggs in it
Blood mod.zip
(45.94 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Last edited by last on Thu May 05, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rovert

Post by Rovert » Sun May 01, 2011 8:14 pm

Yeah so after that OGWeekly with my map in it, I decided to make some major changes to my battle tower level. Download at bottom of post.

-The boss battle is now much more difficult (2 wolves *Gasp!*).
-I've pretty much cut the amount of scaffolding walkways in half, yet increased their size greatly, making it much easier to climb the tower.
-Changed the wall type from an super-enlarged tile to a stretched out stucco-wall.
-To advance to the next floor you MUST cross the floor you're currently on, therefore, forcing you to fight the opponent(s) of that floor.
-Obviously, both the left and right sides of the tower are open to give the aforementioned floor-crossing necessity.
-I've added another floor, giving a total of 4 different fights.
-The top floor has been redesigned a bit with new borders
-The logs that originally held back enemies have been doubled and are more of a wall now
-Statues!
-New hole in the wall on the first floor
-Added tools and the sort to the first floor
-Everything's bigger. I literally grouped the whole tower and scaled it up a bit.

Check out the screenshots!
As you can see, I've changed the wall type, added some statues, significantly reduced the scaffolding, made both side walls open, and added a floor.
As you can see, I've changed the wall type, added some statues, significantly reduced the scaffolding, made both side walls open, and added a floor.
First floor has been changed a bit. New hole in the wall, and tools & backpacks. Looks like it was planned to fix the wall...
First floor has been changed a bit. New hole in the wall, and tools & backpacks. Looks like it was planned to fix the wall...
Top floor now with two wolves and stone border walls
Top floor now with two wolves and stone border walls
16_red_desert.xml
Fixed Battle Tower v2
(128.03 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
*Note- By the time you've defeated the final two wolves, it'll probably be pretty laggy if you haven't revived yourself up to that point. So I suggest reviving everyone with X before you start the final fight so lag stay at a minimum.
Last edited by Rovert on Mon May 02, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

( Tchey )

Post by ( Tchey ) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:06 am

Very nice tower, didn't try it yet but it's on my todo list ! Thanks for your work.

(edit)

OK, i've played it.
The tower is quite good, but i've met a problem i think : first floor empty (with the broken doors), second floor 3 rabbits, then empty, then 1 wolf then 2 wolves. I belive the 2nd is 1 rabbit, then 3rd floor with 2 rabbits, no ?

Oh, and my computer is having trouble, very low FPS when there is more then 3 IA...
Overgrowth need optimization quite soon. I think i've read not before clore to the release, but i hope i've misread that.

last

Post by last » Mon May 02, 2011 8:50 am

Need help with materials. is it possible to add an object to the OG that has material? so far i havent seen an object that has material defined in xml file. i'd like to mess around with different materials and only place where are they defined are in map file . (only DetailMaps uses materials in there)
if i add a block to the map, it dos'nt have material defined when i open map xml file.

Black_Stormy

Post by Black_Stormy » Mon May 02, 2011 9:48 am

The material tag is <MaterialPath> as far as I can recall, although looking through the model files I couldn't immediately find that tag. I wonder how the engine assigns materials? Maybe it reads the file path and assigns a material to each folder... Either way, try that tag.

last

Post by last » Mon May 02, 2011 11:59 am

Ok i tried this thing and it dos'nt work properly.
first it don't do enything but if i or enyone else toches my box it gives an error Material file"/Data/Materials/wood.xml" could not be found
it has cancel try again and continue. i choose continue and my box gets very very slippery and i think it dos'nt act like a woonen object should.

Edit: its so cool if you put turner and an enemy auto fight on this block. its like dancing on ice
block.xml
my version of file from \Data\Objects folder
(338 Bytes) Downloaded 65 times

LugaruFan

Post by LugaruFan » Mon May 02, 2011 1:55 pm

I also posted this on Fan Art, they're not finished but I hope you like them :D
The first one I drew. (The sky is red because he's enraged.)
The first one I drew. (The sky is red because he's enraged.)
And the second one.
And the second one.

Rovert

Post by Rovert » Mon May 02, 2011 2:56 pm

( Tchey ) wrote:Very nice tower, didn't try it yet but it's on my todo list ! Thanks for your work.

(edit)

OK, i've played it.
The tower is quite good, but i've met a problem i think : first floor empty (with the broken doors), second floor 3 rabbits, then empty, then 1 wolf then 2 wolves. I belive the 2nd is 1 rabbit, then 3rd floor with 2 rabbits, no ?

Oh, and my computer is having trouble, very low FPS when there is more then 3 IA...
Overgrowth need optimization quite soon. I think i've read not before clore to the release, but i hope i've misread that.
Ok thanks for that, Tchey. I'll try to see what the problem is. And by the first floor being empty, do you mean that there aren't any objects there? Or that there isn't an enemy? (because the first floor isn't supposed to have an enemy.)
And yeah, it's strange. I seem to be getting a worse FPS with all those enemies compared to when I had it up yesterday... Idk, I'll look into it.
Edit:
Ok, it should be fixed now. I don't know what the problem was, but when I re-loaded the map, everyone was in their proper place. I'll update the original post, too.
16_red_desert.xml
Fixed Battle Tower v2
(128.03 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Last edited by Rovert on Mon May 02, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LugaruFan

Post by LugaruFan » Mon May 02, 2011 3:17 pm

:oops: Sorry, I didn't realise this isn't a good place to put Fan Art...

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Mon May 02, 2011 4:56 pm

LugaruFan wrote::oops: Sorry, I didn't realise this isn't a good place to put Fan Art...
no problem. ;)

last

Post by last » Tue May 03, 2011 5:17 pm

So some 1 sugsested in wolfire IRC that i make my blood mod less bloody. so i made it so that blood will only "fly" when you hit some 1 and game goes into Timed Slow Motion.
included originale files for uninstalling my mod (in different folder)

EDIT: ALWAYS LOOK FOR LATEST BLOODMOD.RAR FILE.
Blood mod(a129).zip
(46.01 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Last edited by last on Thu May 05, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.