[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Johannes

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher

Post by Johannes » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:16 pm

wingtip wrote:Hey everyone! I just pre-ordered the game and played it for a day or two and it ran perfectly fine. But since I installed SUMLauncher I've been having problems with weird shadow effects. I used this forum's search function to find a solution, which brought me to a post earlier in this thread explaining how to delete the cache files. I followed the instructions, and it worked. That is, until I closed down Overgrowth and opened it up again. The problem came back, and now deleting the cache files doesn't seem to fix it. I've tried rebuilding light maps and even re-updating the alpha, but nothing seems to fix the problem. Can anyone help?
There's been some issues in 170 with odd shadows. SUMLauncher shouldn't have anything to do with that, since it doesn't touch any files that are related to shadows. Hopefully it will be fixed in 171.

wingtip

Post by wingtip » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Johannes wrote:There's been some issues in 170 with odd shadows. SUMLauncher shouldn't have anything to do with that, since it doesn't touch any files that are related to shadows. Hopefully it will be fixed in 171.
Ahhh okay. I was convinced that the problem was on my end. Thanks!

nijbu

Post by nijbu » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:51 am

Hey y'all ive been having a bit of trouble getting my key, i got to the /spf page enter in my email, no email its been a day now and something fishy must be going on (: help would be much appreciated

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:00 pm

nijbu wrote:Hey y'all ive been having a bit of trouble getting my key, i got to the /spf page enter in my email, no email its been a day now and something fishy must be going on (: help would be much appreciated
Hiya, hmm, that's odd, since you needed that email to originally join the secret preorder forum. are you sure you can't go back in your inbox and find the email from when you originally purchased the game,or maybe you used a different email address? The email would have been titled "thanks for preordering overgrowth", be sure to check your spam folder as well =)

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:38 am

Johannes wrote:One thing you need to add at the very beginning though, is when you launch SUMlauncher and you do not have Overgrowth installed, it will give you the option of selecting it, or downloading it completely. (this would happen right after they enter their preorder key)

We'd like people to use that instead of the forum links, because (As you mention later in the video) it's more robust than the direct download link, since it can be resumed. It's a good alternative for those that don't want to use a torrent client.
I didn't know it would prompt you if you didn't have it installed at all. I'll show that off in the next iteration of this tutorial, as I'm sure there'll be one. Meanwhile I have added it to the annotations.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:45 am

Silverfish wrote:
Johannes wrote:
[+] quote
One thing you need to add at the very beginning though, is when you launch SUMlauncher and you do not have Overgrowth installed, it will give you the option of selecting it, or downloading it completely. (this would happen right after they enter their preorder key)

We'd like people to use that instead of the forum links, because (As you mention later in the video) it's more robust than the direct download link, since it can be resumed. It's a good alternative for those that don't want to use a torrent client.
I didn't know it would prompt you if you didn't have it installed at all. I'll show that off in the next iteration of this tutorial, as I'm sure there'll be one. Meanwhile I have added it to the annotations.
Excellent, thanks again for your work on the videos, I'm sure it's already helped a ton of people using the launcher =)

Just as a fair warning, Aaron and I will be at GDC next week. We plan on refactoring some of the SUMLauncher code, which will benefit users in the long run, but it's likely that 1.8 will not have many new noticable features. More fun still is definitely planned after that though =)

Darkness7879

Post by Darkness7879 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:13 pm

when i open it up it wont let me edit config :(

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Darkness7879 wrote:when i open it up it wont let me edit config :(
If a170 is the first version of overgrowth you have installed, there was a slight bug. Follow the directions here and it should help you get your config file installed correctly.

nijbu

Post by nijbu » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:30 pm

Johannes wrote:
nijbu wrote:Hey y'all ive been having a bit of trouble getting my key, i got to the /spf page enter in my email, no email its been a day now and something fishy must be going on (: help would be much appreciated
Hiya, hmm, that's odd, since you needed that email to originally join the secret preorder forum. are you sure you can't go back in your inbox and find the email from when you originally purchased the game,or maybe you used a different email address? The email would have been titled "thanks for preordering overgrowth", be sure to check your spam folder as well =)
Thats a no go, i must of deleted the email ages ago because i thought it was a once off thing *facepalm*, same email and not in my spam folder :c

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:47 pm

nijbu wrote:
Johannes wrote:
[+] quote
Thats a no go, i must of deleted the email ages ago because i thought it was a once off thing *facepalm*, same email and not in my spam folder :c
Try resending it here: www.wolfire.com/spf

nijbu

Post by nijbu » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:05 am

Johannes wrote:
nijbu wrote:i got to the /spf page enter in my email, no email
Try resending it here: http://www.wolfire.com/spf
Tried that remember (:

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:24 am

nijbu wrote:
Johannes wrote:
nijbu wrote:i got to the /spf page enter in my email, no email
Try resending it here: http://www.wolfire.com/spf
Tried that remember (:
Ah, my bad! :lol:

Could you please email [email protected] with your transaction ID? (that should have come in your payment receipt email from your payment processor (Paypal, Amazon, or Google Checkout). they should hopefully be able to help you out.

Qwerty_Uieo

Post by Qwerty_Uieo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:03 am

This is great SUMLauncher makes updating overgrowth a breeze :D Now only if Wolfire puts overgrowth on steam so it updates that way :D

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Qwerty_Uieo wrote:This is great SUMLauncher makes updating overgrowth a breeze :D Now only if Wolfire puts overgrowth on steam so it updates that way :D
Yeah, steam will come eventually, but even then not everyone wants to use steam, so we'll be the alternative =)

Even if you use steam, the SUMLauncher will still be useful since it will give you access to mods, and all the other features.

Zeltrax

Post by Zeltrax » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:11 pm

???? It says please use steam to update overgrowth? I'm confused help anyone.