[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Johannes

Re: [Auto Updater] SUMLauncher

Post by Johannes » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Zeltrax wrote:???? It says please use steam to update overgrowth? I'm confused help anyone.
Could you please do the following:
  1. In the SUMLauncher's Menu bar click 'Links', then 'Open Local Storage'
  2. Open the 'SUM OG Utilities' Folder
  3. Open the 'SUMconfig' file
  4. Copy the contents to the file and paste it into http://www.pastebin.com
  5. Click submit and copy the new URL in your browser's address bar, then paste it into a post here so we can see it.

RadicalNetwork

Post by RadicalNetwork » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:30 pm

wingtip wrote:Hey everyone! I just pre-ordered the game and played it for a day or two and it ran perfectly fine. But since I installed SUMLauncher I've been having problems with weird shadow effects. I used this forum's search function to find a solution, which brought me to a post earlier in this thread explaining how to delete the cache files. I followed the instructions, and it worked. That is, until I closed down Overgrowth and opened it up again. The problem came back, and now deleting the cache files doesn't seem to fix it. I've tried rebuilding light maps and even re-updating the alpha, but nothing seems to fix the problem. Can anyone help?
Did you resolve this problem?
I also have rendering problems after installing the Menu Mod, now the game looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/zRNh2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4OcCn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YwbW6.jpg

I already re-baked everything and deleted the cache, the game still looks like this. :?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:04 pm

RadicalNetwork wrote: I also have rendering problems after installing the Menu Mod, now the game looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/zRNh2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4OcCn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YwbW6.jpg

I already re-baked everything and deleted the cache, the game still looks like this. :?
We're currently looking into this issue, though it seems odd as the only original game file the Menu Mod replaces is the "menu.html" file.

We'll let you know once we've made some progress.

Hypershadsy

Post by Hypershadsy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:13 pm

"overgrowth_location": "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/overgrowth/"
"steam_overgrowth_location": "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/overgrowth/"

It's not on Steam yet, I just keep all my games in there. I installed it there manually.

Hypershadsy

Post by Hypershadsy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Program status: hilariously unstable

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Hypershadsy wrote:Program status: hilariously unstable
Can you be more specific?

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Hypershadsy wrote:"overgrowth_location": "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/overgrowth/"
"steam_overgrowth_location": "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/overgrowth/"

It's not on Steam yet, I just keep all my games in there. I installed it there manually.
Ok, well that's why. You really shouldn't put any non-steam games in that folder because of how steam will handle updates when overgrowth is run through steam. You can fix this by putting the 'overgrowth' folder in common into a 'wolfire' folder, so you get:
"C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/wolfire/overgrowth/" as your path. that will allow you to update it regularly. (when you move the folder also be sure to change the text in your SUMconfig file.

Hypershadsy wrote:Program status: hilariously unstable
Nah, you simply happened to put the game there where it will be once the steam version is out. Since the steam version will be self-updating that's why it has to react like that. Just don't install it in the steam folder, which really is only meant for Steam to manage.

If you are referring to anything that indicates actual instability, such as crashes or unresponsiveness, please let us know and we'll be sure to fix it.

RadicalNetwork

Post by RadicalNetwork » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:48 am

Aaron wrote: We're currently looking into this issue, though it seems odd as the only original game file the Menu Mod replaces is the "menu.html" file.

Yeah it's surely odd, but i can confirm that the bug is somehow mod-related, i uninstalled everything and re-installed the game without mod: now it works just fine.
I'll play the game with no mod while you look for a fix, then i'll try the MenuMod again! :P

Grund

Post by Grund » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:39 am

Thank you soooo much it works here
it is simple to use and how shows the new update is genious.
thanks once more =)

akazi

Post by akazi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:47 pm

RadicalNetwork wrote:
Aaron wrote: We're currently looking into this issue, though it seems odd as the only original game file the Menu Mod replaces is the "menu.html" file.

Yeah it's surely odd, but i can confirm that the bug is somehow mod-related, i uninstalled everything and re-installed the game without mod: now it works just fine.
I'll play the game with no mod while you look for a fix, then i'll try the MenuMod again! :P
same with me.

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:51 am

um i have a problem, for some reason in the sumlauncher menu the config option isn't highlighted so i cant change any of the setting in the sumlauncher, even though i have a config text in my documents folder. can anyone help me?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:52 pm

Please make sure the config.txt file is in exactly the right folder:

My Documents/Wolfire/Overgrowth/Data/config.txt

akazi

Post by akazi » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:27 pm

Aaron wrote:Please make sure the config.txt file is in exactly the right folder:

My Documents/Wolfire/Overgrowth/Data/config.txt
yes i do, positive.

Shane-o

Post by Shane-o » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:31 am

Windlord wrote:Thank you for the great work! :)

I think you should plonk a donate button down for us users to show gratitude!
*co-signs*

turbochop

Post by turbochop » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm probably a little late in coming, but I had a suggestion for the SUMlauncher. I've noticed that when I want to update my map pack, it has to go through the whole pack to determine what should be skipped, it takes up some time.
Might I suggest that SUMlauncher create a manifest of some sort after the first update? That way it only needs to reference the list to determine what is missing, sort of like an SVN.