Project Showoff

Krabman318

Re: Project Showoff

Post by Krabman318 » Sat May 21, 2011 11:44 am

Rovert wrote:...If anyone's got some cool platforming ideas, I would gladly try to add them in in one way or another.
How about a wall with a little gap you have to jump through?
Or a pit so wide and long you have to overcome it with a
combination of wallrunning and -jumping.
Maybe a labyrinth of tunnels?
Last edited by Krabman318 on Sun May 22, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saedz

Post by Saedz » Sat May 21, 2011 6:03 pm

http://youtu.be/pNbwGPy1K1Q

second map from me, i ask everyone of you watch the video first before playing the map.
Attachments
sedjump.xml
(286.11 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

ZramuliZ

Post by ZramuliZ » Sun May 22, 2011 12:10 pm

A slightly fixed version of my second level. Now it should be easier to install, it should contain shadow maps and navigation meshes. The level contains now five enemies, so if you have a slow computer, it might not run well.

Tell me if you have some issues with it. I tried it with a clean install and it worked fine for me.

Merge this Data folder to your Overgrowth data folder.
It's usually located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfire\Overgrowth" if you have 64-bit operating system, or "C:\Program Files\Wolfire\Overgrowth" otherwise.

To play the level just load a custom level "towers.xml" in Overgrowth. Press L when you begin the level since, sometimes the enemies will not spawn at first.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1267706/towers.zip

last

Post by last » Tue May 24, 2011 5:41 am

So here is my Blood mod for this week alfa
I did not add anything new compared to last week
Blood Mod a132.JPG
Blood mod a132.rar
(42.81 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
if you don't know how to install this mod here is the link to help you
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7006&start=285#p132222

Krabman318

Post by Krabman318 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:46 am

A very simple mod that plays a (sort of) "Fatality" sound every time a non-player character is killed.
Attachments
voice_mod.zip
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 83 times

ZramuliZ

Post by ZramuliZ » Wed May 25, 2011 10:05 am

I made a simple health bar mod.
Warning! This will probably only work for alpha 132.

The red bar shows how much temporary health you have left, it regenerates over time. The yellow is your permanent health, you can never have more temporary health than you have permanent health.

Installing: Simple
Download the zip below, extract it and then copy the Data folder into your main Overgrowth folder.
HealthBarMod_a132.zip
(45.41 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Installing: Advanced
Use this if you want to use this mod with other mods at the same time

Open your aschar.as file, it's located in your installation folder "Overgrowth\Scripts\aschar.as" remember, you may need administrative rights to modify the file.

Find the Draw function. It's in the line 1405.

Code: Select all

void draw() {
    this_mo.DrawBody();
}
Replace it with this:

Code: Select all

// Draws some debug lines to make a thick bar.
void DrawDebugBar(vec3 pos, vec3 right, vec3 up, float amount, float offset, vec3 color, float step_i, int step_c)
{
	for(int i = 0; i < step_c; i++)
	{
		DebugDrawLine(pos + (up * (step_i * i)) + right * (max(offset, 0) - 0.5f),
                  pos + (up * (step_i * i)) + right * (max(amount, 0) - 0.5f),
                  color,
				  _delete_on_draw);
	}
}

// Draws the health bar
void DrawHealthBar()
{
	vec3 right = normalize(cross(camera.GetFacing(), vec3(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f)));
	vec3 up = normalize(cross(camera.GetFacing(), right));

if(permanent_health < 1.0f)
		DrawDebugBar(this_mo.position + vec3(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f), right, up, 1.0f, permanent_health, vec3(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f), 0.0025f, 7);  //Draw the background (Black)

if(temp_health < permanent_health)
		DrawDebugBar(this_mo.position + vec3(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f), right, up, permanent_health, temp_health, vec3(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f), 0.0025f, 7);  //Draw the permanent health (Yellow)

DrawDebugBar(this_mo.position + vec3(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f), right, up, temp_health, 0.0f, vec3(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f), 0.0025f, 7); //Draw the temporary health (Red)
}

void draw() {
    this_mo.DrawBody();

DrawHealthBar();
}
Let me know what you think about it.

Jarwa

Post by Jarwa » Wed May 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Well, I made some progress with my rat model. I decided to switch to this thread instead of fanart since this fits better in projects thread. :P Anyway, still need to do some zbrushing and texturing. I hope I can get this in game somehow. It seems a bit complex, but maybe I can figure it out. We'll see.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Wed May 25, 2011 4:02 pm

HOLY CRAP that's good. maybe make his arms thicker, but its fine. maybe now Aubrey wont have to do that, but he probably will anyways.

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 pm

I think the nose could be thinner and the neck could be thicker, but it's good, a lot better than I could do!

Markuss

Post by Markuss » Wed May 25, 2011 9:36 pm

Jarwa wrote:I hope I can get this in game somehow. It seems a bit complex, but maybe I can figure it out. We'll see.
do not bake your normals in Zbrush, it make bad normal maps, export your high-rez geometry into another 3D app and use that.

TheCheshire

Post by TheCheshire » Wed May 25, 2011 11:36 pm

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11807

My most recent project, still under construction, "Compound 6". A large map featuring with a tricky parkour course. Enjoy!

Jarwa

Post by Jarwa » Thu May 26, 2011 6:02 am

Markuss wrote:
Jarwa wrote:I hope I can get this in game somehow. It seems a bit complex, but maybe I can figure it out. We'll see.
do not bake your normals in Zbrush, it make bad normal maps, export your high-rez geometry into another 3D app and use that.
Hmmh. I didn't notice anything when I imported one of my old models (with zb normals maps) to the game. But maybe I just missed it. What's wrong with zb maps?

Markuss

Post by Markuss » Thu May 26, 2011 8:44 am

Jarwa wrote: Hmmh. I didn't notice anything when I imported one of my old models (with zb normals maps) to the game. But maybe I just missed it. What's wrong with zb maps?
it causes stretching, something to do with they way it aligns itself to the UV layout, its not something that stands out but if you compare it to another program's normal maps you'll see the difference.

last

Post by last » Thu May 26, 2011 1:30 pm

Here is a mod for all the Overgrowth map makers.
Basecly i made new tab under add object menu called O2 and there you can find all the working object xml files with nice pictures of them. (it rurns out not all objects xml files are working correctly. some have completly broken and some dont have textures or objects files.)
There was a problems with sound tab, so i put sound objects under my O2 tab.

And there is a problem with whaleman. it turns out in whalemanstatue.xml file there is a old shader
<ShaderName>normalmap</ShaderName> ti must be <ShaderName>cubemapobj</ShaderName> to work propperley. its located under Custom\OpethRockr55\Objects\Environment\Statues and WhaleManStatue.xml if u want to edit that file yourself.

For instalation extract it to the OG main folder and there you go.

To OG Team
I would like to see this mod in next alfa so that i dont have to make it ower and ower again.

So have good map makeing every one.

http://antonriehl.com/overgrowth/public ... ab_mod.rar
Attachments
all objects mod.PNG
Last edited by last on Thu May 26, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu May 26, 2011 3:30 pm

Since this thread is kinda the maps and modding "subforum"... I thought I'd point you guys to my site for hosting mods...
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11811

Feel free to drop things there instead of using things like megaupload, and stuff... Let me know if you need any changes.