[IDEAS FOR OVERGROWTH]

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jellydonut

Re: [IDEAS FOR OVERGROWTH]

Post by Jellydonut » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:07 pm

BrighTide wrote:Mmm, i'm not sure, if it was a couple of real days, at would be pretty intense wouldn't, especialy it was a gradient like of thing, like if you recently broke your arm, then it would be weaker then stronger on a gradient, and it would affect your speed/blocking ect.
I'm not sure of what you mean "on a gradient. Explain.
BrighTide wrote:With the bed thing it was more that it would have to be in town and with garenteed saftey ect. So i'm thinking of a secario where you raid a bandit camp and come out with a broken arm and concussion. Then you have to make your way to a city for both medical supplies (unless you either brought a splint with you in your pack, or have the skill and resources to make one) and a bed to rest up in. Then, once in the bed (which costs money mind you) you can skip the waiting of the healing up process.
I'm happier with that idea. :D

BrighTide

Post by BrighTide » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:18 pm

As in it would gradualy get better over time, so it would noticable impact your preformance directly after, but when it was closer to fully healing, not so much.

Monkeyy

Post by Monkeyy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:18 am

I'm not sure some of the healing stuff is quite appropriate. The game is supposed to be pretty fast paced and I never really imagined Turner resting up in a town. Sounds a bit more Skyrimmy than I was expecting. Considering how brutal the combat is, I'm not sure geting the chance to wrap up a splint and heal up in bed is really in the game's best interest.

And obviously there would have to be some way of equipping armour (Which I think we know there's going to be, but I couldrn't cite), but again I wouldn't really expect a modular armour system. Just perhaps the option to choose what kind of armour you're wearing and your buckler/weapon? Perhaps a helm at a push? I don't know would have to wait and see I guess :P As I mentioned in anothe

BrighTide

Post by BrighTide » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:22 am

Mmm, you make a good point about it being a fast paced game, and i guess it could be annoying to have to go rest up after every fight. Prehaps we coul dhave the option for a "Brutal mode"?