What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
lukinator

Re: What do you want to be implemented in the next build?

Post by lukinator » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:17 am

I think proper dual wielding should be next considering they have the setup for holding two already, but after that, I'm ready for the animal run! And maybe an awesome super-jump when you come out of it; perfect for jumping gorges dramatically in slow-motion :D

SonarBeserk

Post by SonarBeserk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:39 am

how about weapon animation support? (that is after weapons themselves are done) i want to be able to have a flail. :D also i would love to see an option included to toggle a slo-motion mode that triggers when you disarm or are delivering killing blows. would be pleasing to look at and would be awesome in general.

SonarBeserk

Post by SonarBeserk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:45 am

Parco Folgore wrote: -snip-

And ofcourse lan/online mode, but that wont come out before the game is basicly finnished, if it will ever come, can still hope.
would it be possible to do some testing of mutliplayer? maybe wolfire would set up a server for us to test the strain of the game on it? also to the person quoted, Gash Bell ftw.

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:33 am

SonarBeserk wrote:
Parco Folgore wrote:I would want an improvement with the dual-wielding weapon sysem, make it so u can actually use the secound weapon, and add a button for changing hands while dual-wielding. A weapon slot on your bac would also be nice, so we can put two-handed weapons on our back, making us able to hold up to 8 weapons, if the two-handed weapons are placed in a cross.

Would aslo want to see an improvement in the climbing system, make it so he can grabb smaler surfaces.

And ofcourse lan/online mode, but that wont come out before the game is basicly finnished, if it will ever come, can still hope.
swaping weapons used is b currently. doesnt work with 2 handed weapons of course.
ye, i know, but the B is the animation testing button, so next update, we might not be able to change weapon if its not given its own button, and it does work with two handed weapons, when pressing B while having a 2 handed weapon/only holding 1 weapon, u will attack as if u were unarmed. but still, would love having 2 slots on players back.

SonarBeserk wrote:
Parco Folgore wrote: -snip-

would it be possible to do some testing of mutliplayer? maybe wolfire would set up a server for us to test the strain of the game on it? also to the person quoted, Gash Bell ftw.
would be awesome if they got a server up, this game would explode if MP is added. And to the person quoting me, Gash Bell always FTW:p

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:07 am

SonarBeserk wrote:would it be possible to do some testing of mutliplayer? maybe wolfire would set up a server for us to test the strain of the game on it? also to the person quoted, Gash Bell ftw.
Even if there will me multiplayer, I doubt there will be free Wolfire-run servers for all the players. That would be expensive, it'd keep beeing expensive for years, and it's not necessary for the game.

The devs have mentioned they'd like to implement multiplayer, but the focus is on co-op, not versus. One of the reasons for this is that it's easier to do co-op. However, the current multiplayer test, which is only available split-screen when a controller is plugged in to the computer, is versus.

SonarBeserk

Post by SonarBeserk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:11 am

Endoperez wrote:
SonarBeserk wrote:would it be possible to do some testing of mutliplayer? maybe wolfire would set up a server for us to test the strain of the game on it? also to the person quoted, Gash Bell ftw.
Even if there will me multiplayer, I doubt there will be free Wolfire-run servers for all the players. That would be expensive, it'd keep beeing expensive for years, and it's not necessary for the game.

The devs have mentioned they'd like to implement multiplayer, but the focus is on co-op, not versus. One of the reasons for this is that it's easier to do co-op. However, the current multiplayer test, which is only available split-screen when a controller is plugged in to the computer, is versus.
i meant more a server set up temporarily to test the multiplayer. other servers, i have no clue. how do they intend to get co-op set up? not needing to open 50 ports would be nice. though i know that when multiplayer is up several companys will want server hosting spots cause it will be so popular.

Parco Folgore

Post by Parco Folgore » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:30 am

well,if they should put up a testing server, it sholdnt to be testing online play, but rather lan and internet coop/versus. i hope they also make so players can make theyr own lobby so pple on lan can join, or play through hemachi or something. as i see it, overgrowth isnt fit for online play on open servers

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:17 am

SonarBeserk wrote:1)i meant more a server set up temporarily to test the multiplayer. other servers, i have no clue.

2) how do they intend to get co-op set up? not needing to open 50 ports would be nice.

3) though i know that when multiplayer is up several companys will want server hosting spots cause it will be so popular.
1) They haven't done networking code yet, so there's nothing to test. Also, depending on how the multiplayer is done, there might not be servers. One guy can, perhaps, act as the host, and the others join in. You usually only need dedicated servers if there's lots of people playing all the time.

2) No idea.

3) How does that work? Do you mean companies that you pay for to have them put up an OG server? I have a hard time seeing Overgrowth become that powerful, and besides that, multiplayer doesn't have to mean team multiplayer. If there's just a few people at once, say, about 4... I haven't looked into game service hosting companies, so I've got no idea how their business model works.

CJAwesome

Post by CJAwesome » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:59 am

2 things about dual wielding:
1. Attacking with both weapons
2. When you have 4 weapons (2 equipped, 2 sheathed) when you press e it swaps two of the weapons around

akazi

Post by akazi » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:22 am

CJAwesome wrote:2 things about dual wielding:
2. When you have 4 weapons (2 equipped, 2 sheathed) when you press e it swaps two of the weapons around
And I just got an idea of how to block with two weapons, how about you click in both of the mouse buttons at the same time and then to attack with a weapon you click the lmb to attack with your left hand and then rmb to attack with your right hand, do you think that would work?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:11 am

akazi wrote:
CJAwesome wrote:2 things about dual wielding:
And I just got an idea of how to block with two weapons, how about you click in both of the mouse buttons at the same time and then to attack with a weapon you click the lmb to attack with your left hand and then rmb to attack with your right hand, do you think that would work?
Not really.

I imagine Lugaru and Overgrowth combat systems like this:

The attack button isn't an action button. It doesn't tell the controlled character which action he should make. It's linked to the idea, to the concept of attacking. It's an aggression button. "I want to attack". The character choose the most appropriate action based on the rules - moving, standing, crouching, range etc. Similarly, the block button is "I want to block", not "I perform blocking movement X".

With two weapons, the action changes, but the state doesn't. Even if the attack or defensive move is different, the game still simplifies it into "I want to attack" or "I want to defend". Unless two-handed attack and defense works in an entirely different manner, the same control scheme works.

RowanFN

Post by RowanFN » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:54 pm

I'd like a tutorial level, or something along that,

just got the game an i'm confused with most the mechanics and button bashing to find out whats what, also in the editor to edit the world seems many things change etc,

its nothing just just something like a list or whatever that explains what keys and buttong etc does what,

SonarBeserk

Post by SonarBeserk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Endoperez wrote:
SonarBeserk wrote:1)i meant more a server set up temporarily to test the multiplayer. other servers, i have no clue.

2) how do they intend to get co-op set up? not needing to open 50 ports would be nice.

3) though i know that when multiplayer is up several companys will want server hosting spots cause it will be so popular.
1) They haven't done networking code yet, so there's nothing to test. Also, depending on how the multiplayer is done, there might not be servers. One guy can, perhaps, act as the host, and the others join in. You usually only need dedicated servers if there's lots of people playing all the time.

2) No idea.

3) How does that work? Do you mean companies that you pay for to have them put up an OG server? I have a hard time seeing Overgrowth become that powerful, and besides that, multiplayer doesn't have to mean team multiplayer. If there's just a few people at once, say, about 4... I haven't looked into game service hosting companies, so I've got no idea how their business model works.
if no networking is done then what about that old thread about server basic setup work from like 06? what if they got a server set up to handle chat and let us jump around like they had in that thread?

about 3. hosting companys get servers where ever they see profit. if the game looks promising it will get servers. especially if someone big finds this game. im wondering does anyone have the preorder sale numbers?

SonarBeserk

Post by SonarBeserk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:03 pm

RowanFN wrote:I'd like a tutorial level, or something along that,

just got the game an i'm confused with most the mechanics and button bashing to find out whats what, also in the editor to edit the world seems many things change etc,

its nothing just just something like a list or whatever that explains what keys and buttong etc does what,
im not that experienced in map making but ill see about making one if you want. if i cant lugaru is mostly where you wanna check, however the animal run and reversals are not in yet, or tackle. right clicking during the attack blocks and holding the right mouse button after a block judo flips people.

Zelron

Post by Zelron » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 pm

There isn't likley to be an "offical" tutorial level for some time. Because there won't be any levels until at least after alpha.
I believe however that in the map pack that comes with the SUM launcher/menu mod, that one is a user made tutorial level.