Big community campaign

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Uberbeard

Re: Big community campaign

Post by Uberbeard » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:18 am

I was reading through some back order of posts on the forums and found out that there will be climbing on Overgrowth, it brought some hope out for perhaps having an epic climbing session up to the fortress you're tasked to infiltrate?

You could break it up with stealth/combat moments leading up different parts of the cliff face, but with the right build up a long climbing section could be pretty tense. I'm not really willing to write anything more story development unless an actual team comes about, though, who is actually pledging time to working on this from the get go?

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:39 pm

I'm up for it. I can't play with Alphas yet due to the PPC-ness of my mac, but I'm up for writing and drawing.

I'm going to be building some kind of honking powerful time-waster-- er, game/recording/graphics computer in a couple of months.

don't know how to get an email tree together without PM's, but I guess it could be figured out.

--James
Last edited by kehaar on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Odd One

Post by The Odd One » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:57 pm

I can help make models.

zipil

Post by zipil » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:48 pm

Well i will put time into this making maps and what ever is needed. If people can pm me or talk to me on irc about putting some time into this it would be great so i can have an idea of how many people will be helping out. On another note i think i climbing level would be really cool and mabye a level where you have to run away from a group of guards or something near the end of the campaign would be cool.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:42 am

So I think the idea of a community campaign is great. I'd like to contribute some custom music for it, once it has been developed enough (and once the music engine is implemented...)

zipil

Post by zipil » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:07 pm

Thanks allot that will be great. I hope hale can make some maps (wink wink nudge nudge)

kehaar

Post by kehaar » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:50 am

zipil wrote:Well i will put time into this making maps and what ever is needed. If people can pm me or talk to me on irc about putting some time into this it would be great so i can have an idea of how many people will be helping out. On another note i think i climbing level would be really cool and mabye a level where you have to run away from a group of guards or something near the end of the campaign would be cool.
hmm, too bad PM's are disabled here...

so how does one go about getting an email tree started without posting one's address and getting bombarded with even more spam?

would a myspace page work?

zipil

Post by zipil » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:59 pm

I use facebook but i guess something like that would work if you guys are up for it?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:22 pm

I'd be willing to host a mailing list from my domain. That way people could opt in and out as they feel like, and no one would have access to individual email addresses.

zipil

Post by zipil » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:28 pm

Yer that sounds really cool thanks a heap if you can do that

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:46 pm

Ok, I've set up a mailing list we can use.
To subscribe, simply send an email to [email protected]
After you confirm your email address, you will receive an email with directions how to post to the group.
For the time being I can also play the role of moderator, but if anyone else is interested, just let me know.

zipil

Post by zipil » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:43 pm

THANKS! thats really great, i have subscribed every body who is going to work on this please subscribe even if its just alittle help it is appreciated

Untadaike

Post by Untadaike » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:03 am

If artists want to base concepts for the the cat-rabbit on a "realistic" idea, here you go: Image
lol

Hale

Post by Hale » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:07 am

Okay, so Zipil and us are going to really start to move on this project guys. As of right now I believe we are almost ready to start putting our current storyline (By Uberbeard) to a series of maps. Personally, I'd rather have a smaller mapset than large, but then again we can reuse the maps for different stages in the campaign.

Here is our "To Do" list.

• Finalize the storyline.
• Fit the storyline to a series of levels.
• Prepare for map production. (Make any textures, models, or characters if needed)
• Actually make the maps
• String them together.
• Finalize everything.

It'd be great if we could get people to really start signing up and committing to this project. All of this shall be collaborative and we need all the man-power we can get.

For starters, it'd be nice if someone could shout out their thoughts on our current storyline, see if anything needs to be revised or improved. Other than that, it'd be cool if you could just give us a post to let us know you're willing to somehow help.

myfaceisblue

Post by myfaceisblue » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:08 am

This really is turning out nice. Can't wait to see the end product. A idea for the story that i could contribute

The parnoid "King" would do better if he was a Baron under a king. It could add a more plausible reason for his paranoia if he had a king to keep off his back. You guys could also start thinking about after the baron goes supposedly insane and the king may have him executed for causing civil unrest, and the PC could either try to stop the execution or stop someone from stopping it.Just a kind of follow-up mission