[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Aaron

Re: SUM Overgrowth Utilities

Post by Aaron » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:18 pm

kablamo wrote:I have the overgrowth icon with a wrench.
I should mention that i am two alphas behind schedule (a162) maybe this has something to do with it
It should be working, I'll look into it and see if I can find anything.

kablamo

Post by kablamo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Samusaaron3 wrote:
I should mention that i am two alphas behind schedule (a162) maybe this has something to do with it
Thank you very much, hope you find something, this utility is just too brilliant to miss out on.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:10 pm

kablamo wrote:
Samusaaron3 wrote:
Thank you very much, hope you find something, this utility is just too brilliant to miss out on.
I'm having trouble finding the source of the problem, could you please hop on the IRC so that I can test some things with you?

http://www.wolfire.com/irc (My name on the IRC is Aaron)

The_Stitch

Post by The_Stitch » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:36 am

Korban3 wrote:OMG Wut is this I dun even. You guys sure get a lot of awesome done when I don't a computer to download it with, huh?
heres a REALLY good tip. just two easy words molded to one; spellcheck. :)

anyway about the mod, i dont know why but it dosn't work with my game. i dont know why, is this just an extension of another mod? the game runs as normal, but nothing related to this comes up. im really curious why its not working with me. it looks awesome, but i cant get to it. a little frustrating.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:35 am

The_Stitch wrote:
Korban3 wrote:OMG Wut is this I dun even. You guys sure get a lot of awesome done when I don't a computer to download it with, huh?

anyway about the mod, i dont know why but it dosn't work with my game. i dont know why, is this just an extension of another mod? the game runs as normal, but nothing related to this comes up. im really curious why its not working with me. it looks awesome, but i cant get to it. a little frustrating.
Right now, all that this does is update overgrowth, and allows you to edit the config file easier... So, you need to run this application instead of running overgrowth, and then launch overgrowth inside this application. As we develop these utilities more, then the mods will be added, but we are still in the early stages of getting it to work.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:48 am

The_Stitch wrote:

Here's a REALLY good tip: read the opening post for this topic. =P

Sorry about the snarky-ness, but you should expect that when you act like that towards a long-time poster, and very productive community-member, and on-top of that seem to ignore the content provided for you that explains what the purpose of this launcher is, and how to run it. Try looking in the "Download and Installation" section.

Anyways, welcome to the wolfire forums. Enjoy your stay.

Karel

Re: [Auto Updater] SUM Overgrowth Utilities

Post by Karel » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:49 am

Oh my it's good :)

Lhorkan

Post by Lhorkan » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:42 am

Really cool tool, just one thing I'd like to see changed for the updater (not sure if it's been mentioned before, I must admit I didn't read through the entire thread): a button to update to the latest available alpha in one click, instead of having to manually upgrade one alpha at a time. If you're a couple alphas behind it feels redundant to have to go through every alpha.

Also, I've been making my own settings tool as an exercise; I made the keyboard controls as such:

(right click -> open image to see the full size thing)

You just click the box next to the action and tap a button, instead of having to type out the button like in SUM. This means that people don't have to know to type "lshift" or "esc", for instance. Maybe that's something you guys can consider doing as well. 8)

Karel

Post by Karel » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:56 am

I don't understand the whole On/Off thing while it would be way more simple with some tickable boxes.
(BTW is your pseudonym because of Morrowind? Juste curious x) )

One feature I would like is, instead of changing gamepad controls by entering the key with your keyboard, pressing the gamepad key to do instead.
Dunno if it's easy to implement tho.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:30 am

Lhorkan wrote: ... a button to update to the latest available alpha in one click...
Yep, that's planned! :D
...I've been making my own settings tool as an exercise; I made the keyboard controls as such: -image-
Yes, we've noticed. Very nice work! would be cool if you could stop by the irc sometime and talk to me or aaron; Would be neat to have some more input.
... pressing button instead of having to type it out ...
Also something we'd like to have in the future.

Lately the main focus for us when working on this (well mostly aaron, I just help test stuff and basically do what I'd call 'back-seat development' :lol: ) has been to to try and fix most major issues people might have that would break this (like adding the wrappers for people that have issues running plain jar files) and adding new features, (like an option to clear the cache). We definitely want to go back and revisit the UI once we have most features in place.

A big one of-course is still the in-game mod manager that we plan on be adding, hopefully this week if david can find the time to add the two functions we need.

Karel wrote:One feature I would like is, instead of changing gamepad controls by entering the key with your keyboard, pressing the gamepad key to do instead.
Dunno if it's easy to implement tho.
That's something we've been discussing lately =) it's planned for a future update, but may not make it in for a while.

mrbstro

Post by mrbstro » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:45 am

Wow, i just got the new alpha, with the updater, and its very well done, it lets you see the update changelist and a video and everything, i love this mod.

Grakiao

Post by Grakiao » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Wow, this is SUPER helpful! Thanks!

DerDree

Post by DerDree » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Very great mod. Auto Updater works for me. But when I try to edit config this error apears:

Error reading config file.
setSelectedIndex: 16 out of bounds

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:38 pm

DerDree wrote:Very great mod. Auto Updater works for me. But when I try to edit config this error apears:

Error reading config file.
setSelectedIndex: 16 out of bounds

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.
It sounds like there might be an error with the config file, under the file menu, select "delete files" and delete your config file. Launch Overgrowth again to re-create the config file, quit overgrowth, the relaunch SUM and it should fix your config file.

DerDree

Post by DerDree » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:52 pm

Anton wrote: It sounds like there might be an error with the config file, under the file menu, select "delete files" and delete your config file. Launch Overgrowth again to re-create the config file, quit overgrowth, the relaunch SUM and it should fix your config file.
Thanks, worked :)