[idea] standing up

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
taos13

[idea] standing up

Post by taos13 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:48 am

Hi,

When I watched alpha 126 movie I get an idea, standing up in fight in that style looks like hit what falled fallen down is near to deadly. I think standing up in combat was better when You add standing up
like kip-up

Edit: Yeah, cats, rabbits and rats can do that. :)
thanks MaXMC
Edit_2: Yeah that can be attack. :)
thanks Samusaaron3
Edit_3:The method of standing up what is now should be like for when you have low health, or getting up from a face down position. :)
thanks Jacktheawesome
Last edited by taos13 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

MaXMC

Re: [idea] standing up

Post by MaXMC » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:55 am

This would be great for the Cats and maybe the Rabbits but for Wolves and Dogs, not so much.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:05 am

Great idea, it would be cool if getting up like this could potentially be an attack as well (if they are standing right in front of you).

liquidangry

Post by liquidangry » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:06 am

Samusaaron3 wrote:Great idea, it would be cool if getting up like this could potentially be an attack as well (if they are standing right in front of you).
Yeah, some sort of sweep kick from the lying down position would be cool.

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:41 pm

This was the getting up method in Lugaru for when you were on your back, I would really like to see it implemented again. The method they have now should be like for when you have low health, or getting up from a face down position.

Sumguy720

Post by Sumguy720 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:57 am

I don't know about you guys, but I would never get up like this in a fight. Being face down is difficult to deal with-- but you can just stand up from being on your back without using your arms, it only takes about one second.

Conner36

Post by Conner36 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:36 am

Sumguy720 wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I would never get up like this in a fight. Being face down is difficult to deal with-- but you can just stand up from being on your back without using your arms, it only takes about one second.
but then again... you're not a ninja rabbit ;)

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:29 am

Maybe if we're in a B-movie martial arts flick then this would be cool, but we're not. I'd like to see something more practical like being able to roll to one side and move up onto your feet from the ground in a fluid motion, using the rabbit's natural dexterity to evade foes before getting to its feet. The flip-onto-feet animation would get a bit tedious after inevitably seeing it for the thousandth time.