Overpowered Rabbit jump kick

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Starkiller2000

Overpowered Rabbit jump kick

Post by Starkiller2000 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:57 pm

At the moment with the alpha 126 update the falling damage causes the rabbit jump kick (which is when you jump in the air and then click the mouse to kick in the air) to instantly kill anyone when you use it on, is this intentional? I would assume probably not as it makes combat ridiculously easy. Perhaps we could see a fix in the next update?

Kristler

Re: Overpowered Rabbit jump kick

Post by Kristler » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Speaking of this, a judo throw, jump, jump kick can easily kill any enemy in the two hits. :P

Keksus

Post by Keksus » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:18 am

I think the balancing at all is a little bit off at the moment. You get killed if you make a somersault which you can't land when you ran maybe 1 or 2 meters before. But well: Because of things like this it's an alpha version, right? :p

Ench

Post by Ench » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:02 am

WHY
WHY DID YOU
Anyway, the rabbit kick is pretty hard to aim, and imagine that you get kicked in the head from someone from above, so I think that it's pretty normal that it gets rid of someone in one/two shots..

Starkiller2000

Post by Starkiller2000 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:25 pm

you can take out two enemies in about 3 seconds by rabbit jump kicking one and then kicking the other before you hit the ground.

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:12 am

well if th finished game is anything like Lugaru, a one hit kill move like that would be most welcome, because the harder levels had bunch of wolves and rabbits mixed in with each other and it was so easy to get raped. I always hated when the AI went for reinforcements lol, so im looking forward to spamming that judo throw button this time around. Also taking out 2 rabits so easily is one thing, but tking out 2 or three more and maybe a wolf with the same kick will be pretty damn challenging.

WingedWolf93

Post by WingedWolf93 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:16 am

Actually an instant kill move ( expecially if it is so easy to do ) is a bad idea.
It doesn't matter if there's one of more enemies, the combat system simply isn't finished yet ( That's why it's still an Alpha ) - after spawning one enemy, try to stand in one place and just hold the attack button.
Currently all I can think of is the return of counter attacks, like in Lugaru.

Anyway, only time will show how this will turn out, but I assure you, the combat in the end will probably feel very different from what it is now.

Shlimmy

Post by Shlimmy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Well the legcannon kick in lugaru was lethal (and epic) because it was relatively risky and hard to pull off. I would say it is overpowered as of now because it is unblockable by the enemies can be preformed by 60% of housecats (press space, press mouse), but I don't think that is how it is intended to be in the final game.